• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Short term Heroin detox using Methadone -- Amazing Results!

LuvH8Relationship

Bluelighter
I was IV'ing Heroin for about 5 months, probably about a 1/2 gram to 3/4 gram per day. About two weeks ago I found out I am going to have to take a drug test for a job interview I have coming up in about a week from now. I knew for a fact that I couldn't get off of Heroin that quick cold turkey. (I have experienced bad withdrawal a few times when I have either been low on $ or just couldn't get anything) I went to the local methadone clinic and they put me on 35mg of Methadone. When I looked online it said Methadone can take anywhere from 5 days to 2 weeks or more to get out of your system depending on frequency of use, weight, etc. So I knew I couldn't do the full 21 days of detox the clinic recommended. Anyways, I only went to the clinic for four days and had absolutely no withdrawals for those four days and four days after. On day five I had the slightest amount of back "tenseness" that was a little annoying. It is now day 7 and I have no withdrawals whatsoever! No trouble sleeping, no soreness, no nothing! Has anyone else tried this? I'm in shock how good I have felt through all of this. Also, my drug test is now a week away and I am curious on what your opinions are on whether I will pass. I know the Heroin wont be in my system after three weeks but will the Methadone show up after only four days of use? (I know they will be testing for it. Also, I am 6"2', and 180 pounds in OK shape)

Your feeling great because methadone is shooting endorphins and dopamine out of your brain as heroin was. And methadone is pretty damn strong to, im in heroin withdrawal right now cold turkey. It isn't too bad because my habit wasn't IV but i would take as little methadone as i could. Trust me if you read around the withdrawals are horrible off methadone and it still counts as being messed up on a drug. Not sober at all

We can't answer any questions about drug testing I'm afraid - take a look at the guidelines in my signature; there is a closed drugs testing subforum in BDD however.

As for why you've not experienced WDs - methadone does have a long half-life so can stay in the body for some time after ingestion. Did you just take it for 4 days? 35mg each day?

Last edited:
@F1n1shed I don't think you understood what I was saying. It has been seven days since I took any methadone.

It's good you were able to get off relatively easily. I wouldnt take that for granted though and hope you are able to stay off. I imagine your experience had a lot to do with the amount you were using. I had a 2-3G/ day habit and attempted to quit by going on methadone. They started me at 30mg which was the max dose they would start anyone at. It didn't help me whatsoever. They had also just started a policy that you could only go up by 5mgs every 3 days, as opposed to the old policy of 10mg every day. Needing to work and having children to take care of, I could not be dope sick, or I could not function. I tried to explain all this to the clinic and was basically told a lot of people lie a out how much H they had been using as well as their symptoms simply to get more methadone in hopes of getting a free, legal high... I quit the clinic and continued using H.

Dude that sux for all u guys in detox i was lucky i guess and when i went into withdrawl i almost died from siezures n dehydration n idk other things i guess and got sent from a mental hospital to a ER n then woke up 5 days later feeling okay

Three possibilities:
1. You are very abnormal and lucky
2. You have a slow metabolism for methadone and just aren't feeling the withdrawals yet (for methadone it takes much longer for withdrawals to set in than with heroin and they come on more gradually, plus for some people methadone lasts way longer than for others)
3. Your heroin dependence wasn't as bad as you thought it was.

Hello everyone, thanks for the replies, it's now day 9 and still no WD's. Pretty amazing, whether I'm abnormal or lucky or whatever.

I guess it doesn't matter now, and is probably better that you didn't, but why didn't you just continue your taper and get a letter from your doctor to show that you are being prescribed the methadone? The people that do the tests just report back to the company if you passed or failed, so anything that you are currently prescribed that you have documentation for does not count against you as failing it.

I am assuming maybe he/she is worried that they would just fire him/her anyway and blame it on something else? That's been done to me before after I willingly told my boss that I was on methadone (AND she should have had some compassion as a former heroin addict herself).