• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy 2C-B Thread - Stage 2

2cb is a weird one for me, no matter the dose I only get slight wiggles reading text etc, however I find it a very introspective drug personally,

Yes, based on my calculations which you should absolutely not rely on, you would need to roughly double your last dose, so take about 70mg, to achieve the effects of about 20mg tolerance-free.

Again I would avoid redosing the 2C-B within the same session unless you have a huge supply and just don't care about the cost. Your 20mg dose is going to feel close to 6mg, if you end up feeling that at all. If you took another pill afterwards you would be adding about 2mg extra to the trip. Note that I'm basing this all off the ubiquitous 'psychedelic tolerance chart' and my math is spotty at best, it's not clear how to calculate for frequent dosing.

Taking a huge dose all at once is definitely daunting even if your tolerance is high, and not something I'd necessarily recommend unless experienced with a high dose of the substance anyway. Generally I'd just say it's better to be patient and wait for your tolerance to return to baseline.

Yes, based on my calculations which you should absolutely not rely on, you would need to roughly double your last dose, so take about 70mg, to achieve the effects of about 20mg tolerance-free.

Again I would avoid redosing the 2C-B within the same session unless you have a huge supply and just don't care about the cost. Your 20mg dose is going to feel close to 6mg, if you end up feeling that at all. If you took another pill afterwards you would be adding about 2mg extra to the trip. Note that I'm basing this all off the ubiquitous 'psychedelic tolerance chart' and my math is spotty at best, it's not clear how to calculate for frequent dosing.

Taking a huge dose all at once is definitely daunting even if your tolerance is high, and not something I'd necessarily recommend unless experienced with a high dose of the substance anyway. Generally I'd just say it's better to be patient and wait for your tolerance to return to baseline.

Ok hold up though, I vaguely remember reading in multiple places that 2c-b tolerance does not work the same as other psychs like mushrooms or lsd, that you can keep building up your dose with smaller doses or something like that? I'll try to find it.

EDIT: So nothing entirely conclusive or scientific, but if you google "2cb tolerance" a bunch of discussion come up about how the short term tolerance isn't nearly as pronounced as it usually is with other psychedelics. Some people even claiming to having taken the same dose 4 days in a row for the same effect, which is most certainly not possible with LSD.

20+ years of raving has taught me that music, community and vibe are absolutely #1. Psychedelics are a really nice way to enhance all that but should never be the primary focus of partying. And finally, for extremely special and rare occasions, a bit of MDMA with or without a PD like 2C-B or LSD. Moderation, hydration and hearing protection always :)

Ahaha I haven't been raving for nearly that long but good to know I'm on the same page entirely. Wear your damn earplugs and take it easy on the yolli!

Last edited:
Ok hold up though, I vaguely remember reading in multiple places that 2c-b tolerance does not work the same as other psychs like mushrooms or lsd, that you can keep building up your dose with smaller doses or something like that? I'll try to find it.

EDIT: So nothing entirely conclusive or scientific, but if you google "2cb tolerance" a bunch of discussion come up about how the short term tolerance isn't nearly as pronounced as it usually is with other psychedelics. Some people even claiming to having taken the same dose 4 days in a row for the same effect, which is most certainly not possible with LSD.

You may be completely right, hence the caveat of my source for these calculations. That said it may also depend on personal metabolism or something. OP's experiences do seem to line up fairly well with that same rate of tolerance buildup though

Thanks. After some thought when I googled 2C-B tolerance and experience, there are inconclusive statements for one side or the other. Didnt want to risk awsome night I just finished, so I decided against 2C-B this time. M lingering on a train ride back home, 2C-B will wait for me to explore further, especially his effects on me.

I look forward to taking a larger, more "psychedelic" dose. The stimulation is wonderful and fortunately not in a jittery/edgy sense. Nothing feels forced about the experience. I feel foolish for not having weighed the dose but famously I thought "a little bump to test the waters"

Anyone else feel this stuff gives quite a hangover sometimes? It's fantastic stuff though.

Took ~27mg last, later than I had planned, was up until like 5am but just laid in bed unable to really sleep until like 10am. Obviously sleep deprived, but I ended up with a massive headache, and even now (8pm) I've eaten and am well hydrated still have a gnarly headache. This had happened before but I notice it doesn't happen every time.

It's not like a mood or mental hangover, just physically feel wrecked and tired. Head hurts lol.

Yeah, I have gotten that from 2C-B and particularly 2C-D before. I don't know if it's the drug itself (most likely, I think) or just a tension headache from the muscle tension they can cause. I haven't had any since I started taking a chelated magnesium supplement with my dose

I've never had a hangover from any 2C, I usually feel great the next day, unless I got drunk on the tail end. But to be fair I get very few negative effects from psychedelics, I even think the come-ups are comfortable these days.

Anyone tried microdosing this stuff? Or maybe not so micro and just low dose?

When I take 2c-b, I find it to be quite stimulating and I become very sensitive to sounds in the same way I do with other psychedelics. But 2c-b is so clear headed and stimulating, it feels as if it could be more productive. I like to design sounds, and often when I take 2c-b I'm far away from a setting where I'd be working creatively, but I hear sounds in my head that I've never heard before. Treat it like a psychedelic adderall almost.

I don't like microdosing 2c's. I'm under the impression it's mostly an uncomfortable endeavor, though I could be wrong.

I tried it recently, by insufflating very small lines until I felt the dose was right. It was nice, quite productive and it gave the world a nice vibe and put some energy in my body. Conversation flowed. But it's also kind of disconcerting when you can see partially for.ed fractals on the carpet. IME the line between inactive and working is very fine with 2c-b.

How similar is this compound to 2C-P? I've always wanted to try this one but sadly the 2Cs seem to elude me. Any time I've been offered 2C-B I've been weary about trying it because I was never sure if it was what the person said it was. Sounds like a beautiful experience.

From what I've heard, it's not especially similar to 2C-P, a material frequently compared to 2C-E. While they will have superficial similarities as they are in the same family, 2C-E is arguably the most deep/intense psychedelic so far discovered, while 2C-B is among the lightest. It is all subjective, of course, but that seems to be widely held to be the case.

I've never tried true microdosing of 2C-xs, but threshold doses of 2C-B and 2C-E were terrible for my motivation, clarity, and productivity. 2C-D at a threshold dose offered some benefit to my creativity and energy level, but the negatives outweighed the positives for me

I've only tried 2C-P and 2C-T-7 out of the family but I feel like these wouldn't be useful for microdosing either. The one time I attempted 2C-T-7 as a low dose it felt like I was getting all the bad aspects of the experience with little of the good. It seems like you have to break through the wall until the experience becomes something worth attempting. Odd because other substances that I've microdosed provided enjoyment/good effect. I've mainly only microdosed LSD and it always made for an eventual day at work. Just become hard to gauge the dose sometimes, there were a couple of times where I took a little too much and had to deal with being too spaced out and paranoid to enjoy the microdose.

From what I've heard, it's not especially similar to 2C-P, a material frequently compared to 2C-E. While they will have superficial similarities as they are in the same family, 2C-E is arguably the most deep/intense psychedelic so far discovered, while 2C-B is among the lightest. It is all subjective, of course, but that seems to be widely held to be the case.

I've never tried true microdosing of 2C-xs, but threshold doses of 2C-B and 2C-E were terrible for my motivation, clarity, and productivity. 2C-D at a threshold dose offered some benefit to my creativity and energy level, but the negatives outweighed the positives for me

I've always figured the reason 2c-d was the 2c-x considered a smart drug was because the dose response curve isn't so tight, and and so you get a lot more lenient with your dosing. I might try microdosing 2c-b again, but instead using an solution that I can more accurately dose.

What still puzzles me is the psychopharmacological action of 2C-B. I, IMHO, would classify it as "classical" psychedelic (in the sense of 5HT2A-partial-agonism) with entactogenic/empathogenic properties; but according to Wikipedia its action is primarly interacted with the 5HT2C receptor, with only little/nothing/even antagonizing the 5HT2A receptor? Another thig that puzzles me is: is this the right space to ask for, or is the Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion a better place to ask?

Last edited:
It's fine here but you'll probably get more detailed responses in NPD

Yesterday I had the pleasure of taking 2C-B again, this time at 20 mg (I describe my first 2C-B trial at 15 mg in more detail here). I don't think I'll bother writing another full trip report for this one, since it was qualitatively similar enough, but I do want to give a brief summary of my trip, and an update on my thoughts about 2C-B in general.

Again, it was a very smooth yet enjoyable ride, delivering an elegant and balanced rendition of the essential effects that I've come to expect from my favorite psychedelic drugs.

As expected, some of the more obvious differences between 15 and 20 mg involved the hallucinogenic or sensory aspects. This time, I was more focused on open-eye than closed-eye visuals. I spent the majority of the trip outdoors in the daylight. Textures on the surfaces of objects were flowing like rivers, and I saw figures in the clouds. Sounds were also enhanced in a way that reminded me of 4-HO-MiPT: random noise took on a pleasantly musical quality.

I did plenty of satisfying introspection, as well. I felt like I was beginning to grasp just how much energy I waste worrying about my self-image, pandering to others instead of being true to myself.

I recall hearing 2C-B described as "LSD Lite"; as silly and trivializing as that sounds, I can actually sympathize quite a bit with that sentiment. While they do have their differences in character, I think that both LSD and 2C-B ultimately scratch a similar itch for me, with LSD providing a more pronounced effect at the cost of heavier side effects like cognitive impairment and body load. Stronger isn't necessarily better, and lately I've been partial to subtler trips. However, I'm glad I have access to more extreme materials like LSD (and others such as 2C-E) for when the set and setting allow.