• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Melatonin In Canada? Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyCrack514

Greenlighter
Is Melatonin available in Canada? I been reading up and getting mixed answers on the net..

anybody know if its available over the counter here?

I cannot imagine that it wouldn't be... Where do you here it was banned there?

Just go to any pharmacy and it's there.. I don't understand people who ask questions like this on the internet when you can just go to the damn store

Yes, it is available, and no, Health Canada has not banned it and as far as I aware, are not in the process of banning it.

Man all the kids these days hopped up on melatonin. We have sure have an epidemic on our hands.

Seems ridiculous if it was, but I really highly doubt it. Just run down to the local pharmacy and see if they have melatonin in stock/ ask the pharmacist if its banned.

Yes you can get it anywhere in Canada as far as I know. I live around Alberta and find it in the vitamin sections.

I must add however, it has absolutely no recreational value whatsoever.

In British Columbia, as of today, melatonin is still available OTC as Tablets, Sublingual Quick Disolve Tabs, Sublingual Film and as an Oral Liquid.

You will find it In most big pharmacies (I.e. Maybe not the small mom and pop operations), if they have a health and vitamin supplement section that's where it will be. If I were you I would ask the pharmacist.

It's neither banned nor regulated and freely available over the counter without a perscription. The only regulation placed on melatonin is in regard to it's export in other countries. You may not take any melatonin with you when you leave the country.

Just ask the pharmacist. If he's doing his job right he will assist you in finding the product.

This is why it was banned:

European Nations and Canada have banned melatonin supplements and manufacture. Why has it been banned? What countries banned it? Find out the truth now about banned melatonin.

If you reading this page this means you might want to go on vacation or business abroad and you want to find out why melatonin is banned in some countries.
Or maybe you just want to know if melatonin is good for you since it is banned in some countries.

You could also have arrived here purely because you are on research.
Whatever the reasons, I set up this page just for you.

Melatonin has been officially banned in countries like, Canada and other European nations for sale over the counter.
Read on to find out why.

Canada in the news!!
One of the reasons it was banned in some countries is that viruses could be transferred through animal products that were used in the manufacture of melatonin supplements.

Recently it was banned in Canada following the buzz about melatonin benefits to include the ability to cure the much dreaded AIDS and Epilepsy.
This caused increased sales in melatonin supplements and people were fast becoming addicts to it and the Canadian government had to place a ban on it.
Canadians began to go all the way to Washington to buy melatonin since they could not get it from their local health store.

But recent information shows that health store-owners in Canada are selling and violating the law by selling melatonin supplements just because it’s fast becoming a cash cow.

Why not in the US?
In the US melatonin supplements can be gotten over the counter in many drug stores.
The Federal Drug Agency (FDA) is the regulatory body for drugs in America.

And the FDA does not consider melatonin supplements as a drug but as a supplement and therefore it’s sale and use is not regulated.
You can get melatonin supplements over the counter in the USA as of the time of writing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow is this really still an issue in Canada? I remember hearing that they unbanned it in the early 2000's after an apparent ban that nobody adhered to anyway.

Melatonin is now a controlled Rx in Australia, Greece, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Canada, Brazil, Germany, Austria, Belgium, South Africa, Iceland, and France where it is banned OTC. Interesting to know it might actually have abuse potential somewhere in the world. And antioxidant properties that protect organisms from radiation damage, crazy. Though I doubt it would take the Darknet to acquire in any of these places.

Great Article/ Link- PreistTheyCalledHim

Last edited:
I have never had any trouble importing melatonin to australia.
Not that i am suggesting people do this...
But it is a prescription medication here - perhaps due to potential harms that may come from people misusing sleep hormones if they are sold OTC.

Also...that link looks a little bit dodgy (sourcish) don't you think, priesttheycalledhim?

It's quite sad to see that Canadians are so desperate to cure AIDS that they become addicted to melatonin.
This is why it was banned:

European Nations and Canada have banned melatonin supplements and manufacture. Why has it been banned? What countries banned it? Find out the truth now about banned melatonin.

If you reading this page this means you might want to go on vacation or business abroad and you want to find out why melatonin is banned in some countries.
Or maybe you just want to know if melatonin is good for you since it is banned in some countries.

You could also have arrived here purely because you are on research.
Whatever the reasons, I set up this page just for you.

Melatonin has been officially banned in countries like, Canada and other European nations for sale over the counter.
Read on to find out why.

Canada in the news!!
One of the reasons it was banned in some countries is that viruses could be transferred through animal products that were used in the manufacture of melatonin supplements.

Recently it was banned in Canada following the buzz about melatonin benefits to include the ability to cure the much dreaded AIDS and Epilepsy.
This caused increased sales in melatonin supplements and people were fast becoming addicts to it and the Canadian government had to place a ban on it.
Canadians began to go all the way to Washington to buy melatonin since they could not get it from their local health store.

But recent information shows that health store-owners in Canada are selling and violating the law by selling melatonin supplements just because it’s fast becoming a cash cow.

Why not in the US?
In the US melatonin supplements can be gotten over the counter in many drug stores.
The Federal Drug Agency (FDA) is the regulatory body for drugs in America.

And the FDA does not consider melatonin supplements as a drug but as a supplement and therefore it’s sale and use is not regulated.
You can get melatonin supplements over the counter in the USA as of the time of writing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.