Beck

m3110w

Greenlighter
Beck is amazing.

Mutations is my favorite.

then Mellow Gold & Odelay

Sea Change & The Information too.

then the others and stuff not on albums too.

b-sides, demos, live, just anything.

he produced the new malkmus album..i have yet to give it a lesson..but i must say i do like sea change

I love beck. Sadly after I kind of lost track checking out the newer albums. I know mellow gold,odelay,sea changes and midnight vultures front to back. But after that I....well I don`t know what happened but I just stopped.
I still love beck tho.

Loser will always be one of those 90s anthems, just like 1979 by The Smashing Pumpkins. :)
double true that!

i randomly chose a cd-r to listen to on my boombox in the shower, and its from awhile back, has hella 90 joints on + some beck, got the dudes discog, visit it like once a year. great stuff, also been listening to IRM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRM_(album)) produced by beck. dude is awesome, pretty much love anything he is involved with.

I've yet to come across a Beck song I didn't like. I've never properly gotten into him, but every now and again I'm pleasantly surprised by a Beck song I hadn't heard before.

Love Beck. Especially Sea Change.

Funny story: my friend shows up knocking on my window at 7pm whilst trippin hard on shrooms in high school. I let him as my parents call me for dinner, so I tried to put something nice n chill for him I vibe to. I wa sreally only farmiliar with some of Becks catalog so I though it was good to go.

I put on Pink Noise/Rock Me Amadaeus off Stereopathetic Soulmanure and ran off

He was rather frightened when I got back, now I understand why lol

i love beck, but not so much anything after sea change.
my favorites are a western harvest field by moonlight, one foot in the grave, and stereopathic sound manure.

The cover project he orchestrated along with others, including: Liars, Annie Clark and Daniel Hart from St. Vincent, Sergio Dias from the legendary Brazilian band Os Mutantes, as well as RC veteran Brian Lebarton, (of the INXS album Kick (an album which I personally love) is an absolutely, beautifully turned out homage to them. :D

Beck - "Kick" Complete - INXS - Record Club

<3

Last edited:
The cover project he orchestrated along with others, including: Liars, Annie Clark and Daniel Hart from St. Vincent, Sergio Dias from the legendary Brazilian band Os Mutantes, as well as RC veteran Brian Lebarton, (of the INXS album Kick (an album which I personally love) is an absolutely, beautifully turned out homage to them. :D

Beck - "Kick" Complete - INXS - Record Club<3

Wow what a cool fucking idea
Thanks for linking this

I wonder what albums they've done and does he have the same group of musicians every time they do it or does he change it up and get new musicians every time

No worries! Here is a link to 'The Record Club' recordings from his website.

beck_rcbar2.gif

Havn't listened to them all yet but looks interesting :)...Seems that there are plenty of other Artists involved other than the ones mentioned in my original post, don't know how they are arranged but you can check it out in the link.
Really Curious as to how The Velvet Underground and L.Cohen covers sound...

Liking 'Suzanne' so far... really ragged and upbeat; like a drunken version of 'Just like Honey' by the J&M Chain.

Last edited:
Yeah it's really interesting imo, especially that they do it in just one day

I liked there Velvet Underground cover of I'm Waiting for the Man
But there version of Heroin, not so much. I think it would have been better with Beck singing it, he has that similar monotone kinda singing voice like Lou

Love that inxs link.

I love becks diversity from hip hop to country alt. I'm looking forward to seeing him in November with sigor ros and dandy warhols. I'll have to report back here.

^;)
Good line up sounds good, you lucky devil.

Yeah it's really interesting imo, especially that they do it in just one day

I liked there Velvet Underground cover of I'm Waiting for the Man
But there version of Heroin, not so much. I think it would have been better with Beck singing it, he has that similar monotone kinda singing voice like Lou

Totally agree with you there, had anticipated his vocals would be featured way more prominently on both the V.U. and L.C. album covers; then again, I admire the fact he isn't taking over the projects too(although they would have def sounded better imo).
Also, the other covers, seem like much much more 'polished' performances than the Cohen and Underground one's.