Amon Tobin - ISAM live

chitown rollin

Bluelighter
Anyone seen Amon Tobin's new setup live? I'll be seeing him on Oct 21 and am beyond excited. He is really breaking new grounds on special effects at shows. The guy's been around forever, too. Legend.

There are videos from his european shows and the Mutek shows. It's pretty awesome. I got my tix too. I'm really excited.

Oh shit... I'm pretty sure i'm gonna be at that show man. I can't wait to stand smack dab in the middle with my eyes as wide as the grand canyon staring in awe.

Yea I don't even know if I am gonna take drugs at that show... any recommendations on what would be good for that? Those visuals are so cool I don't even know if dropping L or mushrooms would make it better or worse. and I am not sure if that's really my type of MDMA music.

I'm planning on either flipping MDA+2c-b or just eating 2c-b. A week later theres a couple halloween raves going down. But if you watch some of the isam videos online he drops some DNB in his set

I will be seeing him in asheville on the 29th. If you like Amon, you should check out a cat named Brian Eno. Guy is an electronic music god. created ambient music. Hes doing an overhead projector talk or forum at like 2 that same afternoon. I cannot wait for ISAM. I have been waiting for this for so long. Ive seen the 3d projection art thing before with roger waters performing the Wall. This is an entire different level. Its seriously surreal to see this technology being used in the music scene i grew up with. Ive been listening to Tobin for years and years. His breezeblock session is one of my favorite live performances by anyone, period. I expect ISAM to be life changing.

for additional cool stuff youtube 3d or 4d projection art. Some reality bending shit, for serious. The one in budapest is the best ive found. BL'ers hit me up with a pm if youll be at Moogfest.

edit: and dude. how can anyone pretend like this isnt a show purely for LSfucknigD? LSD is why this exists. I know about personal preference, but damn lol.

^I'll be there too at his moogfest show (and many other shows). I'll be doing 2C-E for sure. It's hard to find LSD where I live and since we're road-tripping there and crossing the American we don't wanna risk being put on some terrorist watch list or something. Also, I'm assuming it'll be easy to find weed over there?

Man I wish Amon would come to Ukraine. The ISAM live shows looks awesome. You guys need to post a review in the LSR thread once you see him.

I cannot wait for this shit. its the reason i am going to Moog. Was it jambass that said Tobin's setup is the most advanced setup ever? I would not be surprised.

It was truly groundbreaking as far as special effects or "light shows" go. I can't say I'm into his music but that really wasn't the reason I was there. I give it a 10/10 and will make a report later.

I live around Moogfest and I am so kicking myself for not at least getting a day pass just to see Amon, I think his show alone would be worth the $70 bucks or whatever it is. If anyone has any extra tix they want to get rid of PM me. Also even if I don't end up getting to see any of Moogfest I'm going to hit up some after parties in town if anyones around.