Buddy%2BGuy%2B-%2BToronto.jpg

Stevie Ray Vaughan
srv-7.jpg

Albert King
10612127.jpg

And John Lee Hooker
280px-JohnLeeHooker1997.jpg

Any other Blues fans here?

I love the old blueman such as BB King, Leadbelly ,John Lee Hooker and Muddy Waters. Also the 60's bands who were influenced by them such as the doors and the animals , any many more.
Love ol' blues guitar.

Also, if any of you get the chance to see BB (for the first time or a repeat), take it immediately. I've seen him three times over the past 5 years and his health is really deteriorating; he's been noticeably worse each time I've seen him. The most recent time he was really struggling to keep it all together at times.

I frequent a blues club he owns (franchise) downtown. He's never played there though. I'd like to hear him just for the sake of it.

Lots of good names mentioned in this thread, but no love for ROBERT JOHNSON?! Sons, I am disappoint. He is usually the first or second name that comes up on the topic of blues. No mention of Blind Lemon Jefferson or T-Bone Walker either. For shame, BL.

My favorite quote by, imo, the best jazz guitarist (suck it, Wes) Grant Green, "The first thing I learned to play was boogie-woogie. Then I had to do a lot of rock & roll. It's all blues, anyhow."

Oh, and big shout out to all the female artists out there, too. I'm lookin' at you Bessie Smith & Lady Day.

bessie_smith005.jpg
2TbwH.jpg

^Yeah. Love Bessie Smith, Ma Rainey, Billie Holiday <3

<3 Muddy Waters <3

I frequent a blues club he owns (franchise) downtown. He's never played there though. I'd like to hear him just for the sake of it.

Lots of good names mentioned in this thread, but no love for ROBERT JOHNSON?! Sons, I am disappoint. He is usually the first or second name that comes up on the topic of blues. No mention of Blind Lemon Jefferson or T-Bone Walker either. For shame, BL.

My favorite quote by, imo, the best jazz guitarist (suck it, Wes) Grant Green, "The first thing I learned to play was boogie-woogie. Then I had to do a lot of rock & roll. It's all blues, anyhow."

I mean, Robert Johnson was great and all, but all of his recordings sound like balls.

The man is still a God, though.

*Raises hand*

Man nothing beats that twangy slide guitar sound of the blues imo

Blind Willie Johnson - Dark was the Night, Cold was the Ground
Robert Johnson - Come on in my Kichen

I see Son House and SRV have been mentioned also :]
Buddy Guy and BB King both still put on good shows, I seen them both a few years ago

I also think Jack White definitely deserves some praise
The White Stripes - Death Letter Live

I was at this show too, Jack fucking went nuts it was awesome
The Raconteurs - Blue Veins Live

been listening to a lot of Taj Mahal + ZZ Top lately... damn good blues

this is my favorite Taj Mahal song... "ain't that a lot of love. it's a bit unique from his other tunes because he serves this song in a straight-up blues fashion... unlike later in his career when he experimented with other African music

Taj is such a unique blues-man in that he stayed to his classic blues roots while mixing his blues with the music of other antiquate black cultures... like blues + Caribbean music, or blues + West Indies (a bit redundant, but there are differences), or blues + African

Last edited:
Big Bill Broonzy, Blind Gary Davis, Blind Boy Fuller, Mississippi John Hurt, Leadbelly, Blind Willie McTell, Charley Patton, T-Bone Walker, Sonny Boy Williamson,
Memphis Minnie, Bessie Smith, Skip James, Ray Charles, Etta James, Jimi, Allman Brothers,

just to name a few