Any blues lovers?

Don't forget Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee. Also, Elmore James.

"The Blues done had a baby and they named it Rock 'n' Roll..." --Muddy Waters

Thought I should mention Junior Wells, just in case anybody missed Max's post. He and Buddy Guy made some of my favourite blues.

Also the real old masters such as Lead Belly, Blind Willie Johnson, Blind Lemon Jefferson are well worth the time.

Ive been listening to some early allman bros, that slide on statesboro blues knocks me out

I get a little bored when I play jazz. usually you're right, musicians say the opposite, but give me grimey, disenfranchised, soul-music over jazz anyday

I don't get what's boring about jazz drumming? It's like you have to use musical "torque", for lack of a better term at the moment, to make it work. High intensity and difficulty, but you have to be relaxed and fluid, and the ability to stop on a dime, and hear all the instruments and adjust the dynamics down to a furious whisper or send them up to as loud as you can all based on the solo going on.
I really love jazz rhythm playing and I wish I was better at it. I love getting in sync with the stand-up bassist and allowing the rest of the band to play to their hearts content.

I totally understand just sitting there trying to learn someone else's solo note for note being boring. I hate that, but a serious jazz jam session is a blast when all the musicians are trying to push each other to play crazier and crazier shit.

I loooove me some o' dem taaasty blues!

Some Johnny winter, bb king, Bo didley, buddy guy, 10 years after.... Oh yesh I looooves me some o' dem blues!

I love all the styles of music that the white man stole and created rock n roll from.

Son House, Charley Patton, Muddy Waters -- all those country blues cats had soul.

Merged with our already existing blues thread
Try utfse next time or at least check our index before creating a new thread, thanks

I wasted like 30 seconds trying to decided what thread to post this in, then realized why I hate categorizing music. Like Grant Green said, "It's all blues anyhow."

FWIW, if we had a Southern Rock thread this would be in it. ;)