Drumstep

blondiwright

Greenlighter
i have been listening to Drum and bass and dubstep for a few years. after listeing to this type of music i have bought myseft some decks. a spend lots of my time baked scowering the net for new tunes. i have discovered this new genre that can only be decribed as drumstep. Drum - because this genre is a simaler speed to drum and bass and carries simalar charitarsitics as drum and bass. Step - because this genre holds simalaritys between the construction and genaral sounds of dubstep.
i started this post because i would like to see peoples views on the genre =D

I've only had a little bit of exposure via my friend's local parties and I love every moment of them.

This is their site...Tancred and Tiernan are two brothers who tag with Robert Manos on the mic.

http://www.liewrecked.com

:D

Mother fucking figure. Need I say more?

Check out Aliens and frankenstein VIP. You're mind will be blown.

see what you think of this...
i made it about a year ago and had to coin my own genre "DuBHop!"
we released it on my label and cut it to vinyl in Japan.
did awrite...
You guys can download this version for free tho cause its not the master edit!
tell me what you think!
personally ive found this kind of stuff to prove quite valuable for those times when i wanna crank out sub bass and lfo wobbles, but maybe the clientel at that particular event arent into/arent in the mood for/dont know much about dubstep...
dubstep can leave people floundering on the dancefloor if they arent used to it, cause ultimately the drum loop is usually 70bpm,
this loop is 85pm,
of course we double that when using fast lfo, so effectively 170bpm....ie...dnb

http://soundcloud.com/bigman-productions/dubhop

I love drumstep but check out this Dirty Nitrous. I know them and they're local too. So not too big but I enjoy their shit. See them all the time. Their music is also a mix of some other things.

NEED SERIOUS HELP IDING THIS TRACK!!!!!!
plz help

http://soundcloud.com/tfsr/need-help-with-track-id-dela

Track from a mix that a local DJ did for the super moon gathering out in the mojave
Seriously heavy track with a great folk hint.
if you find it let me know, I heard it on that mix too and it definitely perked my ears

evol intent has done some drumstep recently..
evol intent - ghost
evol intent - 2011 mix

I used to have a whole playlist full of drumstep and half time dnb, and similar music. Here's some of the stuff I remember
wondawulf - too hot for drumstep
zeds dead - unda yuh skirt ft mavado
uppermost - adrenaline
dz - in the cut
mutated forms - wastegash
nu:tone - set me free
calibre - steptoe
crissy criss & youngman - give you the world

some of it's shit, I wish I could find more chill drumstep but most of the stuff I know is a lot harder. still exploring!
try going on beatport and looking for new tracks under the drumstep tag.

With dubstep getting more popular lately & me not being a huge fan of it, I find drum step is awesome as I really enjoy D&B, but it's not around as much.