The Ultra Awesome Big Beat Thread

chitown rollin

Bluelighter
Name some of your favorite big beat producers and songs. Mine would be some obvious ones such as the Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy. I'm also seeing Crystal Method in a few weeks for the first time :).

heavy breakbeats and basslines. originated in the 90's from the acid house being made in the late 80's.

Have you ever seen crystal method live? I've seen Chem bros and am seeing Fatboy in september.

big beat is a really dated sound but there's still something deliciously appealing about it. i'm not sure if it would be awesome or annoying to rock a whole set of it. huge, funk guitar, acid-laced breaks seems like a good idea though ;)

this is one of my favorites from that era: cirrus – "break in" (transatlantic move mix)

chitown: crystal method live is hit or miss. i've seen them kill and i've also seen them looking bored and hardly mixing at all.

Fatboy slim's set in Kiev last year was very good, but you can see that Norman Cook is kinda past his prime. After he finished his set, people kept shouting for more for another 10-15 minutes and he still didn't come out.

Kinda lame, IMO.

chem bros live last fall was good.
crystal method live was good.
uberzone live is always a blast.
gonna see fatboy slim in a few weeks.
umm bassbin twins are good.
prodigy live wasnt for me.
if i can think of any other big beat off the top of my head i will add. I def have respect for all the afore mentioned artists.

Depth+Charge+-+Nine+Deadly+Venoms.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Rf8wT2-VE

Chemical Brothers, seen them twice, first time blew my mind (I was 12). Second time I was about 19 or so, it was their Push the Button tour and it was good, awesome light show but just not as good as the first time.

Fatboy Slim was my introduction to big beats, and You've Come A Long Way Baby is an all time favourite of mine.

Do Dub Pistols count as Big Beat?

The Crystal Method also rock.