Beastie Boys appreciation thread

chitown rollin

Bluelighter
God damn I love the beasties. They got a new album out and it is bomb. Some of my favorite beastie boys songs are Shake Your Rump, Sure Shot, No Sleep Till Brooklyn, paul revere, brass monkey, and hold it now hit it. Does anyone love the b-boys as much as me? One

Hold It, Now Hit It is a fucking classic.

They'll always be on my party playlist. Brass Monkey always makes everybody go nuts. Good stuff man. :)

Gotta love the beastie boys. I've been listening to them a lot recently, especially with my friend from Queens. I've been drinking brass monkeys the past couple of weekends too.

Man I love brass monkeys. Listening to the song makes me just wanna start dancing. How do you guys like the new stuff? And how good is Elijah Wood as Ad-Rock??

Love Beastie Boys. I've been listening to their new album. Make Some Noise got me interested enough to check it out, cool single.

I had Hello Nasty and To the 5 Boroughs during high school (I loved the tracks Super Disco Breakin, Body Movin and Ch-Check It Out). I recently checked out Pauls Boutique, and it's a great album.

I want to check out some of their other, more conventional stuff though.

Everything before Check Your Head is dope. Check Your Head and everything afterwards is wack; full of lame lyrics and amateur rhyme schemes. Their instrumentals and punk rock stuff (CookiePuss album) is really good though.

Paul's Boutique is one of the best albums of all time. I was very dissapointed when To the 5 Boroughs came out but they seemed to have gotten back on track.

While I love most of their stuff, Hello Nasty is the coolest in my book. Has indie pop rock songs in between psychedelic rap/rock...can't go wrong.

Paul's B. is a great album as well.

Everything before Check Your Head is dope. Check Your Head and everything afterwards is wack; full of lame lyrics and amateur rhyme schemes. Their instrumentals and punk rock stuff (CookiePuss album) is really good though.

Hello Nasty has got some pretty great moments on it. I've always liked it. The only problem is that it trails off towards the end, and moves into psychedelic-lounge music jamming stuff. But when they are rhyming, they're upbeat and have plenty of memorable irreverent lines.

I'm more fond of their electro-sounding hip hop stuff, than their punk rock stuff.

This is awesome.

^^ great song! body movin' is one of my favorites on Hello Nasty as well... awesome video of body movin'.. too funny. 'flame on, i'm on, i'm so sweet like a nice bon-bon!"

^ haha, one of my favourite lines. Along with "I like my sugar with coffee and cream" (from Intergalactic.)

Rated E - how about shake your rump... "Running from the law, the press, and the parents.. is your name Michael Diamond... naw, mine's Clarence"

I saw them at Lollapalooza in 1994. The first half of their set was a bunch of Tibetan throat singers. I can appreciate Tibet's desire for freedom and what the performance represented but after having to sit through The Boredoms' set earlier, the throat singers were just more unpleasant noise. Once the Beasties got started, they did truly rock the house.

I saw them at a festival in 2007. They were on stage with Snoop Dogg.

Snoop was performing tracks from Doggystyle and Beasties were performing well known stuff like Intergalactic, so the whole crow was getting into it. Pretty fun.

I hope they tour for the new album. I'd go see them.

I saw the Beastie Boys at Glastonbury festival just after Ill Comunication had been releasd, my favourite of all their amazing albums.
The new one sounds good from what i've heard.