Create your own electronic music festival

StarOceanHouse

Bluelight Crew
I was almost sure we had this thread before. What would the lineup be at your most perfect music festival? What location (country, city, terrain etc)? . Name the stages whatever name you want but it would be nice to know what genre or theme you're making with your stages. Here are general names for possible stages in your EDM festival

House stage
Trance stage
Techno stage
Dnb/ Dubstep stage
Electro/ Breaks stage
Ambient/Downtempo stage

I'll try to think of mine later but I think it would be interesting to see everyone's response.

Last edited:
House stage - Lee Burridge, Eric Prydz, Michael Mayer, Tiefschwarz, Jamie Jones

Trance stage - Marcel Woods, Ferry Corsten, Markus Schulz, Paul Oakenfold, Hernan Cattaneo

Techno stage - Agoria, John Selway, The Advent, Funk D'Void, Kevin Saunderson

DnB / Dubstep stage - DJ Marky, High Contrast, LTJ Bukem, Andy C, dBridge

Electro / Breaks stage - Adam Freeland, DJ Stingray, Diplo, Hybrid, Lee Coombs

Ambient / Downtempo stage
- Alex Paterson, Shpongle

I would love to have a festival deep in a forest, and have paths between the stages.

It would have to be far away from cities and such. Actually, when I think of it, I think of the place I used to go to camp in the summer.

There would be a house stage in the biggest clearing, near to the parking lot, a trance stage by the lake (it echoes a bit, hopefully that wouldn't be a problem), and a jungle stage deep in the forrest that would be hard to get to. As for the lineup, I'd have to think about it a bit more.

House stage:

DJ Pauly D
Swedish House Mafia
Laidback Luke
David Guetta
Gigi D'agostino
DJ Funk
Afrojack

Trance stage:
10 hour Tiesto set

I'd have the party in Kanchanaburi, Thailand on connected rafts. I've been to a party there and it was the most amazing location ever. Beautiful scenery and luscious green jungles.There were 8 rafts connected with one dancefloor. The way I would set it up is have each raft be a different stage.
This is what it each raft would look like:

57500451338467549612257.jpg

Basically the rafts would be constantly moving around the reservoir. Occasionally docking next the the jungle.

This is how the lineup would look like:

House stage
Derrick Carter
Bryan Jones
Frankie J
Colette
Chuck Love

Trance stage
Goasia
Psykovsky
Loose Connection
Kindzadza
Earthling

Techno stage
Alex Smoke
Carl Craig
Funk D'Void
Richie Hawtin/Plastikman
Terrakroma

Dnb/ Dubstep stage
DJ Marky
High Contrast
Shy FX
Fabio
Jenna G
Electro/ Breaks stage
Anthony Rother
Stanton Warriors
Plump DJs
Tipper
Ambient/ Downtempo stage
Shpongle
OTT
Solar Fields
Carbon Based Lifeforms
Entheogenic

Last edited:
I'd have the party in Kanchanaburi, Thailand on connected rafts. I've been to a party there and it was the most amazing location ever. Beautiful scenery and luscious green jungles.There were 8 rafts connected with one dancefloor. The way I would set it up is have each raft be a different stage.
This is what it each raft would look like:

57500451338467549612257.jpg

Basically the rafts would be constantly moving around the reservoir. Occasionally docking next the the jungle.

This is how the lineup would look like:

House stage
Derrick Carter
Bryan Jones
Frankie J
Colette
Chuck Love

Trance stage
Goasia
Psykovsky
Loose Connection
Kindzadza
Earthling

Techno stage
Alex Smoke
Carl Craig
Funk D'Void
Richie Hawtin/Plastikman
Terrakroma

Dnb/ Dubstep stage
DJ Marky
High Contrast
Shy FX
Fabio
Jenna G
Electro/ Breaks stage
Anthony Rother
Stanton Warriors
Plump DJs
Tipper
Ambient/ Downtempo stage
Shpongle
OTT
Solar Fields
Carbon Based Lifeforms
Entheogenic

My D&B stage would be almost identical to MDMAhead's and my Ambient Downtempo stage would be identical to StarOceanHouse's.

Nice choice of location StarOceanHouse! :D

I'll post my full selection after I get back from work. :)

I would go on a mountain overlooking a large city (example mount royal) and arrange HUGE screens everywhere and build a ginormous warehouse. That way people can be either outside or inside, have access to a bunch of trippy images. I'd have lasers, fog, blacklights and I wouldn't put the DJ on a stage. I'd give him a platform in a corner so that the people dancing have all the space needed with no "celeb" distraction.

I'd get Astral Projection, Steve Hill, Tiesto, Infected Mushroom, Skrillex, Puscifer, Skinny Puppy... at least them. I don't know enough of these artists to be any more precise.

I'm not a fan of festivals.

I do however like a big or small room with a good system and a bill with some great DJs.

I guess my list would include:

Stadenco
Tom Morgan
DJ T
Danny Howells

I'd make my festival on mountaintop in Nepal.

On one side we would have the Himalayas:

And on the other side, we would have Katmandu valley:

House Stage:
Justin Martin
The Rurals
Nathan Fake
Tom Middleton
Global Communication

Techo/Tech-House/Minimal Stage:
James Zabiela
Samuel L Session
Gui Boratto

Drum & Bass Stage:
Andy C
LTJ Bukem
DJ Marky
PFM
High Contrast
Atlantic Connection
E-Z Rollers

Neurofunk/Dark Drum & Bass Stage:
Noisia
Calyx
Dom & Rolland

Psytrance Stage:
Vibrasphere
Eat Static
X-Dream
Infected Mushroom (unannounced appearance)
Hallucinogen

Trance Stage:
BT
Way Out West
Phynn

Psybient/Downtempo
Shpongle
Ott
Younger Brother
Carbon Based Lifeforms
Entheogenic

After-party Chillout Stage:
Kruder & Dorfmeister
Bonobo
Boards of Canada

Special Mini Dub Stage:
Scientist

Scientist would be playing out of something like this:
Front-%2BFunky%2BKingston%2BReggae%2BDancefloor%2BGrooves.jpg

DC Armory
215185_112788162135730_100002136409739_121543_882919_n.jpg

Main Stage

Visionquest
Art Department
Click2Click (Dubfire vs. Richie Hawtin)
Ricardo Villalobos b2b a[:rpia:]r

Large LED wall, lasers

Basement

Trentemøller (live PA)
Akufen (live PA)
Telefon Tel Aviv (live PA)
Anders Ilar

Set up complete chill style with carpets and lamps and stuff on the central area of what is literally used to house tanks and armored personnel carriers most of the year. Not the whole basement, but a central area with textile richness in contrast to the stark concrete.

Sound by Funktion One

=D

Kokiri
Location - Somewhere in the Sierra Nevada's
The only stage that would be a real "stage" would be the Meadow Stage, the rest are art set ups.

Meadow Stage -

Aphex Twin (Surprise closing set)
Bonobo (DJ Set)
Tipper (Downtempo Set)
West Coast Lo-Fi
Freq Nasty
Eskmo

Drum Circle Stage -

High Contrast
Friction
DJ Marky
Netsky
Lenzman
Dela Moontribe

Tribal Sound Stage -

Lutzenkirchen
Lee Burridge
Quivver
Industrialyzer
Terrakroma
Sammy Bliss & Jesse Wright

Wigwam Stage -

Heyoka
OTT
Scientist (performing "...Rids The World of The Evil Curse of The Vampires")
Mexicans with Guns
Vibesquad
Free the Robots

River Stage -

Nosaj Thing
Mux Mool
Lunice
Low Limit
Shlohmo
DJ Maggie Moontribe

Last edited:
^will the Wigwam stage be at the top of Half Dome? ;)

I'm digging everyone's party. Especially the outdoor locations. Leviticus, is that the view from the top of monkey temple? It looks familiar.

Hahah it should be, huh?

The place for my festival would actually probably be somewhere near Curry Village where there's enough open space to where we wouldnt be disturbing nature. Either that or it'd be at the same place Symbiosis was held.

I know for a fact that the Wigwam stage would be a giant teepee though :D

^hahaha definitely

That would be sweet to have a party there though . I've never been to a party in yosemite. I've heard of them. Doesn't moontribe throw parties there sometimes?

^will the Wigwam stage be at the top of Half Dome? ;)

I'm digging everyone's party. Especially the outdoor locations. Leviticus, is that the view from the top of monkey temple? It looks familiar.

This is just a random mountaintop. It was like a 1.5 hour drive from Kathmandu. I did go to the monkey temple as well, though. :)

oh then I have a good location for you.

76161249515528255073728.jpg

you can't notice from the picture but from that temple you can see all of kathamndu and the himalayas. =D

^hahaha definitely

That would be sweet to have a party there though . I've never been to a party in yosemite. I've heard of them. Doesn't moontribe throw parties there sometimes?

Nah, the tribe gatherings are out in the Mojave and sometimes in the Santa Monica Mountains. Greensector had a few parties in Yosemite IIRC, but that was ages ago.

The Rambo Stage
Dizzee Rascal
Death Crew 77
MSTRKRFT
SKisM
Hadouken!

Soul Funk Stage
Acid Washed
Justice
The Chemical Brothers
Daft Punk

Strawberry Fields
Neon Indian
of Montreal
MGMT
Passion Pit
Animal Collective

The Spirit Stage
Astral Projection
Juno Reactor
Younger Brother
Infected Mushroom
Shpongle

8-Bit Realm
Unicorn Kid
Sabrepulse
I, Cactus
Crystal Castles

What a cool thread... just imagining some of these lineups and locations on my head is getting me giddy :D

Oh, and I forgot to include a description of the venue. The venue is a gigantic greenhouse will with chemiluminescent (bio) plants (no shoes allowed, no glass bottles, NOTHING GLASS at all, I don't give a fuck if you want to smoke a bowl, bring a blunt or papers). No sleeping, and no glow toys of any sort (toys, not clothing). There are pots filled with dirt scattered around the venue, and everyone is expected to use them for ash and cigarette butts, with seriously enforced no littering rules. Each stage is just as important as each other. No stage is meant to overshadow or take over any other stage. The festival starts during the day, with the final acts playing at night (in full splendor of the bioluminescent plants). The soul funk stage plays exclusively at night, though. All of the acts on the strawberry fields state plays exclusively during the day.

Last edited: