• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Deliriants Thread

When I say true I mean I actually thought I was talking to someone and they ended up vanishing. And on amanitas it was like I was awake, but dreaming. People, objects, and situations all in front of me looking 100% real.

whats it like to do shrooms and salvia... I want to do this in bonnaroo this year can anyone tell me some experiences or advice while doing this

So we have all tried acid, shrooms salvia etc, but has ANYONE tried a deliriant. ... does anyone have any first hand accounts they'd like to share?

Hi MarkoPolo,

I have tried both diphenhydramine and datura, but never really got any pronounced effects from the latter. Here are a couple of summarized reports.

~~~

DPH (500mg):

I popped 20 25mg pills and waited for the effects. The first thing to happen was a heavy, yet paradoxically light feeling in my body suffused with numbness throughout. As I took a sip of water, the cup seemed to be taking waaay too long to reach my mouth. At this point I was feeling *really* great. Everything had an "old movie" look, and my pupils were practically large enough to give birth.

But then... everything started to go wrong. My euphoria 180ed right into dysphoria, and I began to forget things. Simple things like what I was doing, or why I was doing it. I was talking to my GF on the phone, and the conversation would be going well for a time, but then I would just start talking about some other subject. Like we had been having another conversation the whole time.

The rest of the trip was spent attempting to focus my memory and trying to draw (it was a picture of a giant man standing in a yard, surrounded by a tiny barbed-wire fence), but my art was really horrible, and it truly reflected my deteriorated state of mind.

The only hallucinations I had were the aforementioned old movie effects (blips, scratches and flashes) and these weird gray webs coming off of objects.

~~~

Datura:

It was the end of the flowering season and the seeds were just starting to form in their pods. I collected leaves, flowers and the immature pods.

I never really wanted to dive deep, so at most I would chew up a leaf or a few seeds occasionally, or smoke a joint of flowers. Nothing really happened except for a marked dryness of my nose and mouth and a *really* nasty sickly-sweet taste that I couldn't rid myself of.

I was hoping for enhanced dreaming and maybe some slight hallucinations, but at that dosage I received so such effects.

~~~

Well, that's it. I experimented enough to know that I don't like delirium. It's not as fun as when you're a kid and you've got a high fever. Delirium via anticholinergics is more like chemically-induced Alzheimers than any sort of expanded mind state :p

~mec

whats it like to do shrooms and salvia... I want to do this in bonnaroo this year can anyone tell me some experiences or advice while doing this

Sounds pretty terrible to me. Especially at a loud music festival surrounded by strangers? yikes.

No, i don't think someone could tell you experiences or give advice while doing that.... You'd have to wait until they came down...

That sounds like a great way to turn a perfectly fine shroom trip into an experience from hell. Salvia has a way of doing that. I recommend strongly against taking it for any reason other than morbid curiosity, in a safe, comfortable environment.

I ve done both independently several times and only shrooms at Bonnaroo. I really like the salvia high even though most people don't. I've only read of one person on erowid who has mixed the two and just was wondering if there was anyone else out there that has done them both at the same time. I 've been to bonnaroo six times some I'm sort of a vet but did take consideration of the stranger notion I'm going with a thick crew this time so I got a tripsitter if I need. Thanks for the advice though.
DC

I'd stick to acid and shrooms at bonnaroo. I don't like to lose my head around that many people, TBH. I tripped 2c-e there a few years back (during the Police, Flaming Lips, Tool, Manu Chao, etc) and that went surprisingly well. If I went back I'd eat a bunch of acid though. I wasn't tripping much at the time, and ended up feeding a dozen or more doses to my brother, hahaha. The line up this year looks like shit, though.

I've heard that salvia combines well with DXM, but haven't had the pleasure myself. I prefer tucking the extract in my gum, rather than smoking it personally. The taste takes a bit of getting used to, and you have to hold it in your mouth for a good half hour, but the experience is much smoother, IMHO. I was thinking next time I trip I might get something strong, like 60x and dip a good pinch about an hour in. Maybe smoke some DMT at the peak too. :D

I love psychedelics.

I love dissociates maybe more.

Deleriants are a love / hate relationship. The experience is nothing short of a manifestation of hell. For me its like living in a Silent Hill type movie for a good 6-8 hours with brain function reduced to the point where you can't even remember its only a trip.

That being said deleriants have been some of the best learning experiences and most positive long run.

It's a "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" type deal but for the mind.

If your mind can survive the experience of 1,200mg of DPH nothing in reality will ever be able to phase you. Ever.

Deleriants are nothing short of wicked, evil, and sinister... I really cant suggest anyone to use them but I also can't lie in saying they are a powerful tool for those who can handle them.

Please never use them with out being 100% prepared, seems like 9 out of 10 trip reports of DPH at high dose over on erowid or on other forums end up with people waking up in jail or in the mental hospital.

Last edited:
When I say true I mean I actually thought I was talking to someone and they ended up vanishing. And on amanitas it was like I was awake, but dreaming. People, objects, and situations all in front of me looking 100% real.

I have had this on mdma, especially at 300mg+ dosages. Very cool, but not worth the significant brain drain :\

how could you compare deliriants to psychedelics and dissociatives? nothing good ever comes from deliriants.

oh yeah i forgot about the great 1969 datura summer of love, Christ...

What's wrong with putting deliriants into one line with psychedelics and dissociatives? All three classes are hallucinogens, and substances from all three classes are worth trying, IMO.

nothing good ever comes from deliriants
Are you speaking from your own experience? If yes, could you please share it?

What's wrong with putting deliriants into one line with psychedelics and dissociatives? All three classes are hallucinogens, and substances from all three classes are worth trying, IMO.

Are you speaking from your own experience? If yes, could you please share it?

i don't remember much from my datura experience but i do remember waking up in the hospital because i got attacked by a coyote while wandering around on a hill at night.

fuck deliriants, i would classify them more as a poison.

Last edited:
I don't think deleriants are worth trying at all. Seems like a pretty large percentage of the people try them, even just once, end up having a fucking awful time. And pretty commonly lasting damage too. (Legally, physically, mentally)

LOL did you really get attacked by a coyote? Yeah they really are poisons, some guy on PD actually described their mechanism of action as a largely poisonous and destructive process.

Interesting quote from 2this thread
hamhurricane said:
at said, there are pleanty of deliriants that are considered absusable/euphoric. The most notable example is trihexyphenidyl, which according to some estimates is the number one drug of abuse in Iraq and has seen great popularity in Greece as well.
Although trihexyphenidyl seem to be difficult to get. But I may try some other deliriants in the future, which also are known to be abused.

Yeah they really are poisons, some guy on PD actually described their mechanism of action as a largely poisonous and destructive process.
Would be nice to see this quote, because I can't google it.

Anyhow, I doubt that 1-5 times will cause significant harm to my health.

datura sucked for me. one minute im at my house the next im in jail puking up charcoal. wtf?!

Deliriants(anticholinergics) are really the only drugs that cause "true" hallucinations, in the strictest sense of the word. Still, they are pretty nasty and not very enjoyable.
I've had a few experiences with diphenhydramine.

MD(M)A can cause true hallucinations..

Yeah i've tried diphenhydramine on a few occasions.. DEFINITELY NOT fun.. but an amazing experience.. (in a nightmare kinda way)..

Artic that year that tool played was it 06 or 07' . 07' i wasn't there but I been six times. In 06' I found a full sheet pf orange geltabs on the ground on shakedown street and wigged it sick. I wanna check that out by salvia dipping they got a 60 extract out now. The smoking method its intense sometimes even frightning. I've head of boiling the leaves into tea and its somewhat a milder trip. The maztecs used to chew the leaves so it makes sense to dip the extract? How long does it last and could you describe the effects?

MD(M)A can cause true hallucinations..

Yeah i've tried diphenhydramine on a few occasions.. DEFINITELY NOT fun.. but an amazing experience.. (in a nightmare kinda way)..

mda produced some of the most artistic/ beauifull/realistic halucinations i have ever seen, in a blanket of warm hope and love