• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Buprenorphine Saline Nasal Spray

Peco..

Greenlighter
Hi, lost old account this is a brand new one. For months i've been admiring the wealth of info you Bluelighters have to share..

So im snorting my generic subutex 8 mg pills. I usually take 1 under the tongue each day, and snort 1 each day. (16 mg a day)

How do I make a mild saline solution? Does anyone have specific measurements of salt if i used say 1 cup of water?

Is sea salt fine?

Isotonic saline (same salinity as your blood) is 0.91% weight by volume of salt in water. One gram of salt per 100ml water, or a half a teaspoon salt (2.5g) for one cup water (250ml).

Any old salt is fine. Purified salt will work the best, sea salt can have other stuff in it that might irritate your nose. It's worth a try if it's not super fancy mineral salt.

Is there an advantage to making a saline solution as opposed to just sniffing the powder?

Is it safer?

I just never heard of this other than for IVing, or just for using a nasal spray bottle for intranasal administration.

I've been told that if you 'snort' a saline solution 20-30mins after snorting pills, it heals and cleanses your sinus, prompting the tissue to regenerate. So, i believe, in the long-run you preserve the health of your sinus. Right?

Now, if i wanted to use an empty bottle of nasal spray to prepare a saline w/ subutex solution, how long will the bupe last before its gone to waste?

I'm using this version of subutex --> http://www.webmd.com/drugs/image.aspx?drugid=64748&drugname=Buprenorphine+SL&title=BUPRENORPHINE+2+MG+TABLET+SL&monoid=00054017613&cb=mywebmd

Last edited:
there was just a thread about this earlier today but was about coke but is interchangable with all the Q's you're asking.. i'll link you up. hold on.

here.. http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=544719

it will last a long time if you use a preservative like what is said in ^ that thread.

EDIT: and yes, using a saline solution after snorting pills (or snorting any foreign substance) will help clean out your nose and let it heal from any damage caused (if any was caused).

Last edited:
I've been told that if you 'snort' a saline solution 20-30mins after snorting pills, it heals and cleanses your sinus, prompting the tissue to regenerate. So, i believe, in the long-run you preserve the health of your sinus. Right?

Yea that makes sense. I has misread your first post.

I don't know if this applies to subutex/suboxone, but I had been told that heroin will change or "hydrolize" (sic?) into morphine if left in water rather quickly. The issue being morphine is less potent than heroin so you would be loosing your medication. Were you planning to make a subutex + saline nasal spray? If so, maybe someone can comment as to whether Buprenorphine will undergo a similar change if left in water?

Just buy your saline. It's available at every pharmacy, has the right %, is sterile, and it's cheap.

Good looking out, waldo, but no - most drugs won't hydrolyze or otherwise change forms/lose potency when left in liquid.

HOOD- thank you for sharing that link! Dokomo especially has some excellent information in there.

If you truly want to reduce the harm, look into the micron filtering the solution in this thread.

Lastly, I edited the title for clarity and future search purposes.

So im snorting my generic subutex 8 mg pills. I usually take 1 under the tongue each day, and snort 1 each day. (16 mg a day)
How do I make a mild saline solution? Does anyone have specific measurements of salt if i used say 1 cup of water?

I dont get how you could be possibly using 16mgs of bupe a day using only 2 pills(apparently 2 8mg pills) when in your second post you clearly stated that you were using the 2mg pills. So if you were using the 2 mg pills you actually are only using 4 mgs a day. Could you please clear this up for all of us so that we can better understand your situation.

Heres your second post with the link to a picture of the pills you areusing which clearly states that they are only 2mg pills.....

...see what I mean?
Im not tryin to call you out on anything, I just want all the facts set out straight and thats it. Cuz if people are given the wrong info, they could be giving bad advice, etc...

I don't know if this applies to subutex/suboxone, but I had been told that heroin will change or "hydrolize" (sic?) into morphine if left in water rather quickly. The issue being morphine is less potent than heroin so you would be loosing your medication. Were you planning to make a subutex + saline nasal spray? If so, maybe someone can comment as to whether Buprenorphine will undergo a similar change if left in water?

It does not.

Sorry about the confusion. I'm taking the 8mg pills with imprints: 54 411 So i guess i looked at that picture in the link quick and didn't realize it's the 2mg pill. Sorry.

About the filters. I live in Massachusetts and when i go to the pharmacy, they don't have wheel filters. I ask if they have any kind of filters, they also say "No". Where am I to go for these? But, the saline solution should be in any pharmacy, right?