• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids DHC: Plugging?

breadfeet

Greenlighter
Quick question... How exactly does this work? I'm talking mechanism in the body... Not how you do it?

Cos I thought DHC worked by turning to morphine in your stomach, so how the hell does it work when you shove it up your ass??

Apparently the actual chemical DHC IS active itself! Believe me I've tried it. Try about 25% less than your normal oral dose, I would recommend about that.

I remember reading somewhere that the chemical dihydrocodeine is actually more euphoric and analgesic qualitatively than its metabolite -- whatever the fuck it is. . . .

Give it a shot! It's a bit shorter in action than oral, but well worth a boot!

have you got pure DHC tablets or the cough mixture with sorbitol?

if it contains sorbitol it's not a good idea to plug it because sorbitol is a laxative that works by causing more water to be drawn into the large intestines. which would be some mad pissing out your arse.

dihdrocodeine's metabolise are dihydrocodeine-6-glucuronide (DHC6G), dihydromorphine (DHM), dihydromorphine-3-glucuronide (DHM3G), and dihydromorphine-6-glucuronide (DHM6G). codeine produces morphine through first pass metabolism.

Plugging pills is great to get some more out of your dose. Or conserve your supply. Only problem is if you take opiates daily, plugging can be a problem. I wanted to plug some Oxys today, but the whole constipation thing makes me think I'd probably waste them.

As for your question; Dihydrocodeine is converted to dihydromorphine after it crosses the blood brain barrier. A lot of blood is "exchanged" in the rectal tissue. So when you plug a solution the rectum absorbs it and your solution is in an area with really good blood flow. You bypass your stomach acid which can break down the drugs some before they get into your bloodstream. This is how I've always understood as it being more efficient. I'm not familiar with DHC much though, I've only taken it once and it was a small dose. I've never seen it in the US.

As LW said I wouldn't go plugging the cough syrup version.

Last edited:
I was just saying the stomach acid is an issue when you eat the pills, thats one reason why plugging is better. I always take my pills on an empty stomach though, regardless of ROA.

And actually the more fluid you use the more easily/efficiently its absorbed. But yea don't use a huge amount. I usually pour a shot glass about 1/2 or 1/3 full. Then suck it up with a dental syringe. I imagine if you used a whole shot glass you'd have to "go" right away. I'm always doing it with Oxy so I don't have a lot of powder to dissolve. I can't really picture how big a DHC pill is. The most I ever did was 100mg MSContin, but it still wasn't that much powder. No problems with 1/2 a shot glass.

Last edited:
Ah, so it only gets turned into morphine after it's passed your stomach anyway? That makes more sense.

Hmm, I'll give it a think over.

Btw, the DHC would be in tablet form with paracetamol, so I CWE. After what pontifex said, I don't think after a CWE it sounds very safe to plug... Or else I might need to "shit hot chocolate seconds later". Lovely wording there pontifex haha

DHC isn't metabolized into morphine, that's codeine you're thinking about (20% roughly metabolizes into codeine, and promethazine is supposed to help this along).
DHC is active by itself; if you do 2 minutes' research you'll find its 3 main metabolites.

Agreed as I said earlier its metabolized into dihydromorphine. I always plug a CWE when I do one. Its very effective. And if for some reason you didn't do the extraction properly, APAP is better tolerated plugging then orally. Also pushing really slow is a good idea like you said, I went too fast once and got a very uncomfortable feeling. Like there was an air bubble that wouldn't go away for 15 hours. It was kinda scary. Hope you have a good time playing with your bum, you won't be disappointed plugging. I was skeptical the first time I did it, then was pleasantly surprised how good it was.