• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

I have a ton of the 50mg capsules to take 3x/day but usually only take 2x/day. People really feel like a good benzo high at 600mg? wow

so is it unamimous that there is no way to get it to work again after youve been on it a few months? i would think taking 1 week off would allow it to work again. is this the case or not?

lyrica pregabalin

look on the internet and you will find tons of stuff about lyrica pregabalin. anything you could possibly want to know, you will find among the many pages of websites if you just type its name on google search.
the name rang a bell with me from some treatment i was receiving a couple of years ago. totally unrelated to drugs(if you know what i mean).
anyway be carefull banging it up, don't listen to junkies because most have a death wish they don't even realise themselves.

um, yeah you could use google. or you could use a refined search engine like bluelight or....maybe....use the forums on BL to get information from the people that have actually used the drug.

banging it is not a good idea. i did it a couple times. there is talc in it. fuck that shit.

went to dr. i weight 155. i weighed 142 last month. same scale, same shoes. WOW. this is what lyrica does to you. and i couldnt even figure out how much weight i had gained because my brain has turned to mush from being on it.

this and the fact that in the monograph it states that rats taking lyrica had children with deformities(male rats!!!!!) makes me want to never touch it again.

the problem is that im now on klonopin, which of course is the SHIT for anxiety....i really preferred lyrica to it when i first started. i refuse to become addicted and tolerant to benzos as well.

therefore, i would still like to use it 1week out of the month in order to never take kpins for a month straight, which i believe is how long it takes to get addicted. taking 1 full week off every month should keep the tolerance down too.

just a shame that even after being able to possibly get the wonderful effects of lyrica back i can only do it for like a month straight before id have to stop again for another month....ah, western medicine.

why can i just drink some opium tea everyday like my great uncle?

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch out for withdrawal, friend

I've been taking Lyrica off and on for a year -- prescribed for residual nerve pain/siatic damage from a seriously fucked up back.

Yes you get high for a while. Yes it wears off. Then ... when you run out of pills .... the withdrawal is horrible.

I've gone through opiate withdrawals several times (currently on suboxone, tapered down to 8 mg :\) and this is just as bad. Suicidal thoughts 8o, pain, restlessness, anxiety through the roof. I wanted to die. On some levels it was worse than opiate withdrawal.

Pls keep this in mind and try not to run out of pills. Even if it's recreational for you the fall is hard and it hurts.

Like someone else said, I wouldn't wish Lyrica WD on my worst enemy. I've gone through opiate WD and thought this was the worst a drug had to offer. A combination between an opiate and benzo WD sounds about right. I've never been through benzo WD before and didn't know how bad it could be. Mentally, it feels worse, the feelings of anxiety, psychosis, and suicidal depression are just worse. But what really scared me was how fucked up my body felt on a fundamental level. I was scared I was going to have a seizure, and have also read about this occurring.

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=11421

This is about an old woman who experienced swelling in the part of the brain that is affected in some epileptic patients who suddenly stop their drugs. Sounds about right, as when I stopped cold turkey I lost parts of my memory about week into my WD, it didn't return until I got a full night's sleep. I was really scared and had to have my dad take me to the ER. Though this is more or less pointless if you don't tell them you're suffering from withdrawal from this drug. It's so bad that I would suggest anyone who gets into that situation go to their doctor and own up so they can get a taper.

This is not something I would normally suggest as I don't think it would be worth it, not just for an opiate withdrawal. But opiate WD isn't life threatening and doesn't leave you as emotionally crushed as Lyrica WD does. At least you can feel an improvement from day to day, but Lyrica WD doesn't start to improve until after 10 days, and, trust me, you REALLY don't want to stay in that state for that long. I'm sick of seeing people claim there are no withdrawals to this drug because they haven't used it for long enough or in large enough doses. Go through the cold turkey withdrawals before you advice people about it.

so is it unamimous that there is no way to get it to work again after youve been on it a few months? i would think taking 1 week off would allow it to work again. is this the case or not?

Like I've said before, for me it only works if I leave one or two days in between. It has never worked for me when taken every day, ever, in fact a few weeks ago I was trying to make it work the next day by taking 8 300 mgs as I really needed it, and NOTHING. So it seems like a drug that can only be effective, whether therapeuticlly or recreationlly, when not taken every day and leaving it to one day a week and avoiding withdrawals would probably be best.

There IS a great therapeutic effect from Lyrica, but not when you take it every day. Though it seems to be effecting people somewhat differently, kind of like benzos, and for some it can be effective when taken every day for a period of time. I've never been able to get high on benzos and maybe that's why I have a higher tolerance towards Lyrica. Still, it seems the therapeutic effect eventually runs out for all.

I wouldn't give up on this drug, though, as it's SO effective as a mood lifter/anxiety reliever, when it does work, just wouldn't rely on it to work consistently over time. It's not like opiates, which only lose their effect very slowly over time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why am I so shaky on Lyrica? Like I twitch terribly and my hands shake so much.

I looked it up, apparently tremors are common. The twitching and speech problems are less common. Anyone else get this?

Why am I so shaky on Lyrica? Like I twitch terribly and my hands shake so much.

I looked it up, apparently tremors are common. The twitching and speech problems are less common. Anyone else get this?

Have you taken to many?

I have a ton of the 50mg capsules to take 3x/day but usually only take 2x/day. People really feel like a good benzo high at 600mg? wow

The high is so much more enjoyable than any benzo I've tried (diaz, alpraz, clonaz, phenaz, loraz). 600mg is a good dose, but a bit more is better. :)

Have you taken to many?

I take normal recreational doses. 300mg will give me tremors. Usually I dose twice a day. Once in the morning, once at night. I'm just constantly twitching on this drug. I shake too, makes it hard to talk.

after taking 2 grams of pregabalin over the weekend, i feel totally shit now. i just destroyed the rest of what i had as i was in danger of ruining my christmas holidays.

this stuff is bad news. i am done with it.

I've used it o multiple occasions. Gave me a speed-like high at 600g and I spent the next several hours cleaning my house.

People have no fear, Lyrica is a wonder drug by all means, I find it as just as addictive as a nice BZP, only that going cold turkey Lyrica is manageable, BZP not.
I wonder if the patent on Pregabalin has already expired.

this stuff is well addictive. it had me raking in the bins outside to try and salvage some. jesus.

Lyrica (Pregabalin)

I was recently prescribed the drug Lyrica (pregabalin) for muscle and nerve pain and I must say that it delivers the best high I have ever felt. I have read that most people cannot get a high from pregabalin, but for me it acts like pure MDMA combined with a fairly strong opiate. I usually take ~ 1 gram about twice a week for full effect as the prescribed dosage of 150 mg twice daily basically doesn't do anything at all. Another great attribute of Lyrica is that the high lasts all day (12 hours or more). I can take some, go to sleep and have some crazy good dreams, wake up, and still be high for 4 hours. To me there is nothing better, and I've tried pretty much everything chemical-wise.

Also, I have read and heard that Neurontin (gabapentin) delivers roughly the same effect as Lyrica and is much cheaper, but if you have decent insurance I figure it doesn't matter much what drug you get. You aren't likely to find either of these drugs on the street I'm afraid unless you get very lucky, so getting a scrip is probably your best bet.

Anyway, has anyone else here had any positive experiences with either Lyrica or Neurontin? Just wondering if I'm the only one who's felt this phenomenal from taking it.

Thanks. =D

The euphoria really seems to vary between people for pregs. I really enjoy the stuff too. 750mg is a nice dose imo. :)

I enjoy Lyrica very much. 150mg gives me a nice little high while 300mg gets me crazy high. Anything above 300mg and I'm usually unable to walk and see straight. ;P

Just took 1200mg 2 hours ago and I feel what the OP described, total euphoria! I love this shit.

I was recently prescribed the drug Lyrica (pregabalin) for muscle and nerve pain and I must say that it delivers the best high I have ever felt. I have read that most people cannot get a high from pregabalin, but for me it acts like pure MDMA combined with a fairly strong opiate. I usually take ~ 1 gram about twice a week for full effect as the prescribed dosage of 150 mg twice daily basically doesn't do anything at all. Another great attribute of Lyrica is that the high lasts all day (12 hours or more). I can take some, go to sleep and have some crazy good dreams, wake up, and still be high for 4 hours. To me there is nothing better, and I've tried pretty much everything chemical-wise.

Also, I have read and heard that Neurontin (gabapentin) delivers roughly the same effect as Lyrica and is much cheaper, but if you have decent insurance I figure it doesn't matter much what drug you get. You aren't likely to find either of these drugs on the street I'm afraid unless you get very lucky, so getting a scrip is probably your best bet.

Anyway, has anyone else here had any positive experiences with either Lyrica or Neurontin? Just wondering if I'm the only one who's felt this phenomenal from taking it.

Thanks. =D

We already have a mega thread for pregabalin so I'll merge this in there.

1gram of lyrica allowed me to sleep for 7 hours straight, which is a real rarity for me haha. (I'm a 284lb male now)

I don't know how I've been losing weight lol, just not eating as much I guess. I was 320 not to long ago ;)