MiM0SA

ChemicalSmiles

Ex-Bluelighter
I have fallen in love. I love all the EP's and hostilis is the best. Seriously grab all the eps, they are EXCELLENT. I am going to see this genius next thursday and can barely control my excitement. Lots of fun will be had. Discuss.

MiMOSA is playing at Shine on Festival in Aus, seriously considering buying some tix to see this act (and many others) but there is always Rainbow Serpent to consider in Jan. Bleh so many choices and the funds and time off can only stretch so far.

Have fun man, you will have to tell us how it goes.

Last edited:
from his myspace "IDM / Breakbeat / Trip Hop"

this is the newest release, quite trippy.
7Qk09.jpg

he definitely rocks it out with his (imo small setup, but VERY effective and although he is young acts like a vet from the videos ive seen.)

Mimosa-TSIS.jpg

he's crazy and varies a lot. Sometimes it can get jazzy, sometime almost african with lots of drums, then sometimes... totally tripped out weird noises and sound fx that you have never heard before from any other producer, animalss and shit. birds chirping cats meowing, I have heard a lot of odd things on the eps. I am SUPER stoked to see the show. Only 6 more days to kill.

I think Hostilis is his first EP but I think the best... its really relaxing to listen to in the morning or in headphones on a walk. He is a brilliant producer tbh.

mimosa_hostilis.jpg

Last edited:
what ya know about two fresh they are opening.... I watched some you tube videos and was VERY impressed.

Mimosa's badass, saw him and Two Fresh at Waka last summer, both were awesome. Also saw Two Fresh open for Pretty Lights last year, both were sick!

I have mad respect for Mimosa, he KILLED it in wilmington a couple weeks ago. I mean SMASHED it.... haven't seen a crowd chant for a DJ to come back on like that in a long timmmmme. He played 2 encores, but cmon man... dont start to walk away after 90 minutes of some epic shit... I mean people were going nuts, I guess he had his set planned out and 90 was all he was gonna give us... but ended up filling up almost 2 hours.

i'd have to say silver lining is his best EP, but his recorded tracks don't do his live sets justice at all. his set on thursday night(?) at bass camp at burning man this year was by far the best dubstep set i heard the entire week

I love Mimosa. He's playing here pretty soon but unfortunately I may not be able to go due to lack of a ride. If I do manage to go I may miss half or more of his set. Think it's worth it? I am in dire need of a good show right now.

GO! he slammed it a few weeks ago... top 3 dubstep sets ive ever heard... ive heard over 80 or 100 too.

paridiso- no public transit? I'm sure you can get there in time. Even if you cant go anyway!!!

It's not about getting there on time, it's about leaving on time. Public transit only goes till 12 and cab rides are expensive.

Fuck it I'll probably go.

Dude, FUCKING GO. It's SOOOOO worth it. For some perspective on how phenomenal the set was, I was completely sober and his set is in my top 5 of all time (I've seen Daft Punk, Radiohead, Chemical Brothers, Roger Waters, etc. live). That includes "chemically enhanced" experiences.

I was dancing so hard and for so long that I was sore for 3 days after the show, and I'm SUPER fit. I surf 3x a week and strength train 4-5x and am quite strong with a lot of endurance. The shit was so fucking hot I literally COULD NOT stop dancing despite my muscles begging me to quit.

It will probably be the best show you see all year. I'm not kidding.

glad you had a good time man. MiMosa is definitely awesome. i'm missing the grand rapids show tonight, but hopefully will get to catch him and two fresh sometime on their tour.

Dude, FUCKING GO. It's SOOOOO worth it. For some perspective on how phenomenal the set was, I was completely sober and his set is in my top 5 of all time (I've seen Daft Punk, Radiohead, Chemical Brothers, Roger Waters, etc. live). That includes "chemically enhanced" experiences.

I was dancing so hard and for so long that I was sore for 3 days after the show, and I'm SUPER fit. I surf 3x a week and strength train 4-5x and am quite strong with a lot of endurance. The shit was so fucking hot I literally COULD NOT stop dancing despite my muscles begging me to quit.

It will probably be the best show you see all year. I'm not kidding.

man... I gotta say that I was completely sober at the Mimosa show a couple weeks ago and I have to rate it in the top 3 dubstep sets ive heard, and in the top 30 dj sets ive seen of all genres. (I can only guess... but ive seen 400-500 djs and some 2-5 times) If you do go and enhance it chemically (I recommend mushrooms+e or ketamine low dosed all throughout the set)

I danced for about 70 of the 100 minute show... and the only reason I took a break is because I was dehydrated.... I danced my ass off and had a blast, lost my friends and still didn't have a care in the world!

I would never skip a mimosa set ever again... and I am keeping my eyes peeled for him on the fliers for festivals this summer.

He wasn't at ultra last year and since they are expanding their dubstep variety and mimosa has been throwing down nothing but dubstep, I expect him to be there... being the best of the best at what he does.

It was a fantastic show, very glad I went. He played close to two hours I think, I was dancing the whole time. Getting home was a bitch but it was definitely worth it.

Mimosa's gonna get huge over the next couple years.

chemical smiles , is there any reason you would recommend mushrooms over LSD? or is that just a personal preference?

I like both ... I respect both... and I use both to get different buzzes.. they may be both hallucinogens... but they are qutie different.. main reason I dont suggest LSD, but instead mushrooms for the Mimosa show is becuz even with the openers the show is generally 4-6.5 hours long... ansd acid lasts 9-13 hours generally.... most people don't have designated drivers.. and a lot of people when they eat acid, eat acid with their friends... at least if you do K, it will wear off and you cvan drive home safely... and if using mushrooms... if u injest an hour before the beginning of the show it should be wearing off completely during the last hour of mimosa....

Mimosa's gonna get huge over the next couple years.

Im surprised he isn't bigger YET. He only has like 15 thousand facebook friends... wtf... this guy plays some big festivals, you think more people would be talking about him.

Last edited: