Ott anyone?

abstrakt

Bluelighter
Is anyone here into Ott? I recently discovered his two albums, Blumenkraft and Skylon, and I am in love. The surrealism/abstraction in his music is what draws me. I believe I actually discovered him through listening to Shpongle. Ott is totally my style, but I really have never heard anything else quite like it. I really started getting into electronic music after discovering STS9 some years ago on the jam-band scene. They've been my favorite group ever since, and I've branched out from there.

I have 2 questions.

What genre would you say Ott's music belongs to?

Can anyone recommend similar music?

Yeah I really like Ott as well, although my favourite album is "In Dub". It's really cool to hear Dub remixes of classical psytrance album. Like you, I also discovered Ott via Shponlge/Simon Posford and Twisted Records. Prometheus is actually coming to Ukraine in a few weeks. It will be sick, hopefully I can get some acid for that event. :)

I would call Ott psydub? :D Does that work?

I just wish psydub was widespread enough to be considered a genre in its own right. If you like Ott, you would love Hallucinogen's In Dub album. It's a live set where Simon redoes all his best songs in dub. Unbelievable.

Agreed. Skylon is a fantastic album. It's SO good. It's one of my favorite albums ever, now.

Agreed. Skylon is a fantastic album. It's SO good. It's one of my favorite albums ever, now.

Likewise.

Ott is one of the few artists I can listen to/have listened to nonstop and never get bored or have to skip a song.

Flylo, Eskmo, Emancipator, and Bassnectar are the only other artists I can truly do this with. Many come close, but with those artists there isnt one song I dont love to death.

I love OTT as well. He makes much beautiful music. He literally brought me in tears when I heard him play The Queen of All Everything.

Im beyond envious you've seen him live. I know he'd bring me to tears with his music live, hell he's done it just through his CD's!

I love ott. I've heard his DJ set last month... Magical! :)

His Skylon is #2 of my favorite chill albums.

Yes!!!! Ott is amazing! I had never heard of him until recently. He was playing at a festival I went to a few months ago. I told a friend of mine where I was going and the lineup, and she almost broke into tears when I told her Ott was going to be there.

Needless to say, the show was incredible. Chill, beautiful, epic, one of my favorite sets of the whole weekend. I downloaded both albums as soon as I got home. He's one of my most listened to right now, I love it!

^So envious. I'm going to find a way to get to a show. I'm thinking of trying to get to the show in Broomfield, Colorado. It's the "festival?", lot's of artists thing anyway, Bassnectar's putting on. At something called 1st Bass Center. I have no idea what that is, but I'm going to try and get there.

^Yeah I saw that on the Bassnectar website, looks like a killer time! I'd love to go, but I don't know if I can make it over to CO that soon. I'll cross my fingers, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :)

^So envious. I'm going to find a way to get to a show. I'm thinking of trying to get to the show in Broomfield, Colorado. It's the "festival?", lot's of artists thing anyway, Bassnectar's putting on. At something called 1st Bass Center. I have no idea what that is, but I'm going to try and get there.

Haha the venue is called the 1st BANK center and the 'festival' if you want to call it that is 1st BASS FEST. 1st Bank is a chain of banks we have out here in CO. The show is going to be nuts, I'll be there for sure so any other BL'ers who will make it should PM me.

*snip, cant ask that here, read the rules please*

Last edited by a moderator:
you should go to the big bass show bassnectar is organizing thizz.... ott will be there.... sadly not eskmo ;) i get that pleasure tuesday evening

you should go to the big bass show bassnectar is organizing thizz.... ott will be there.... sadly not eskmo ;) i get that pleasure tuesday evening

Sadly, I just dont have the funds to make it up to Colorado :(

and dont rub it in, jerk! :p

you should check out evan marc's bluetech. his last album divine invasion is amazing sex music.

Seeing him and Emancipator in a few days. should be absolutely wicked!!!