View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tripping on shrooms first time alone

jack5296

Bluelighter
I wanna know what to expect cause I'm gonna do it at night in my room which I'm gonna make sure its clean and then listen to music/watch movies but whats the chance it'll be a bad trip and I wanna know how much to take so it won't be too intense cause I just asked for 1 trip worthy like how much should I eye out and I wanna know how to make sure I don't freak out

Well when I said first time alone I ment like this is the first time I'm doing it and im gonna be alone and yes I still live with my parents but they probably won't give a huge shit as long as I'm not super loud and ye I'm a light weight with somewhat high nautral tolerence you think you can give me a weight I could eye out?

Yeah, set and setting is most important. To me it sounds like neither is ideal. I also agree that first times should be in the company of others mates, or at least a trusted sitter. Man, the whole thing is a blast and it's best not to over analyze it all really....but if you haven't got anyone you can trust to share your experience with, just make sure you are happy with your setting. I mean really happy and have no doubts about anything.

As for dose, I only work dry. A couple of grams if it's cubes is good for a first time. I wouldn't try anything more on your own at this stage. But it is a rough science as strains and people differ.

But whenever you do, relax and enjoy!

Personally, alone or with someone I've freaked and suffered an anxiety attack, whereabouts everyone I've ever known has been okay - even been able to function regularly. It's going to be trial and error until you know what's what.

It's possible - in the event you're freaking - to talk/think your way out of it because you eventually will come to. Think about it as if you were watching a film and only had a few more segments to go.

PS: The only time I didn't freak was when I took mushrooms and LSD at the same time. LSD doesn't cause me to freak as much.

I would strongly suggest NOT doing them at home alone with your parents.

Shrooms tend to be more anxiety promoting than LSD, and can be rather scary. I would suggest a strong trip for your first time so you experience their full and proper effect, but WITH SOMEONE ELSE doing less than you to be reassuring when needed, someone with alot of tripping experience under their belt.

Also as noted above its VERY hard to know exactly how much to take for the depth you want.

Doing shrooms the first time rather than just tasting for a tiny little buzz I and many would suggest doing enough to trip fairly hard... but if you are alone you are likely to end up afraid you are dying and freaking out and having your parents take you to the hospital... bad bad trip.

WAIT till you can do them with a friend, somewhere very safe (i.e., not outdoors somewhere which can be dangerous or deadly unless you have sober sitters present) well away from parents.

I know you are excited about the idea, but take it from someone VERY experienced... wait for the best possible time... with someone else who is knowledgeable about tripping as well as talking someone back from a difficult experience should it occur... and by all means AWAY FROM PARENTS!

I am really sick of all these people asking what the chances of a bad trip are....its not like any of us can give you an answer

yeah tripping alone is the most rewarding, just dont think about it too hard..

dont worry about it. my first time shrooming was last christmas night, in my room, with no door. your fine

Ya I know you can;t predict the chances of having a bad trip just I was a little anxious and accidentally put that down >.> and ya I was planning on having a downer like valium on hand and really I have like no friends cool with drugs and the only one I had that was ended up stealing from me so he's not my friend anymore and I'm gonna try and just hang out in my room and really I don't get paranoid too easily and I'm more of a rational thinker who thinks stuff through and figures out why so and so's happening so if that means anything then ok and really I'm not sure how powerful they are but I apparently got one dose but I was thinking of only taking like 3/4ths of how much I get and if every thing goes smoothly take the last bit so really I'm gonna have to live with doing it in my house with my parents here but If anything I mite try like blocking my door to make sure I stay in there >.> or would that provoke a bad trip of such as making me feel trapped?

i think if you're already worried about a bad trip you're on the wrong road buddy
goodluck&havefun

I wouldn't recommend eyeballing a dose if you're new to tripping, my friends did that for my first real trip and I ended up with 5+ grams of hell. I also wouldn't recommend tripping alone for your first time unless you keep it under 2 grams and I wouldn't trip in that sort of environment where your parents are home, but it can't really go wrong with under 2 grams imo.

Imo the weight of shrooms is somewhat hard to tell by sight and I don't recommend doing it unless you have a good amount of experience tripping and can handle just about any dose.

I'm not worried about a bad trip if anything I'm expecting this to be a amazing experience and I was thinkin maybe the hcick im getting em from isn't too much of a friend but I was thinking of throwing in an extra 20 bucks to get her some so she can trip with me if she wants since shes gotta to be expericned in this shit shes big druggie you think thatd work? and I'm not trying to black mail just offer to buy her a trip if she'll trip with me

I'm not worried about a bad trip if anything I'm expecting this to be a amazing experience and I was thinkin maybe the hcick im getting em from isn't too much of a friend but I was thinking of throwing in an extra 20 bucks to get her some so she can trip with me if she wants since shes gotta to be expericned in this shit shes big druggie you think thatd work? and I'm not trying to black mail just offer to buy her a trip if she'll trip with me
If she's not much a friend I wouldnt trip with her.

If you trip alone, do so at night when your parents are asleep. Ive tripped many times in my room with parents home. If you do end up dosing in your room, go for a walk once it's kicked in and take some tunes with you, and if you have some weed take a pre rolled joint with you, weed kills the anxiety on the come up I find,and a joint when your tripping is incredibly nice and has a very nice effect. Also just being outside will take your mind of it immensly. I love being outside at night on mushrooms, specially if the stars and moon are out on a clear night :)

Ill add, the best way to have a good trip is to stay positive and look forward to tripping. Mushrooms emotions are much more in your face then LSD's and play a much bigger roll in trips. Ive had difficult trips before from letting my mood and excitement die down, it's really as simple as losing excitement then once that happens the mushrooms will usually fuck you for doing that, and things can quickly turn into a downhill slope.

Keep things positive,look forward to the effects and make sure your busy for the 5 or so hours your on it and things should be fine for you!

Last edited:
weed makes some people anxious as fuck, i dont recommend doing this

The weed depends on the person, but I personally think his plan sounds wonderful...

The weed depends on the person, but I personally think his plan sounds wonderful...
I find that:
1. If you smoke weed REGULARLY (every day, possibly multiple times), you will enjoy smoking weed while tripping.
2. If you only smoke weed like once a week, you may have an anxiety attack if you smoke while tripping
3. If you don't smoke, don't do it.

I have seen good trips--->bad trips just from a little ganja.

Very good advice psilo... definitely take it easy with the weed as yes it can cause shrooms to take totally unexpected turns.

And again, seriously, you have no idea what you are in for... shrooms powerfully affect not just visuals, but your impression of all body systems and body image in ways such that you really do not realize it is because of the trip but become scared something has actually physically gone wrong... they have very strong warping effects on the emotions, you can get very confused and really wonder "what have I done? what the fuck is happening" and completely forget you took a drug... thats when you can start to really loose it and the trip is wasted... even with a sitter they may not be able to convince you its just a drug no matter what they say, but at least they might keep you from calling 911 which would be a disaster. Put them away as a hidden treasure for such time as when you have an actual good friend to accompany you... that time will come soon enough, and you will be very glad you waited.

Yea, if the girl you got em from is someone you'd need to pay to get to sit with you, and you really dont know her, you could start to get all sorts of paranoid ideas about her and her motives. NOT a good idea either.

If you have to be alone, try to get some LSD, it's much more mentally stable and friendly at typical doses.

Or maybe try 25mg 2C-I (some say thats alot, but not till that dose do you start to get really major tracers and other interesting visual effects happening... and it MASSIVELY enhances music appreciation, to a nearly orgasmic level, perfect for spending a night in your room alone with tunes and your headphones on... and its almost impossible to freak out on 2CI... it creates a very Zen-like, stable, almost "beyond emotions" highly calmed mind-state... it tends to BLOCK runaway thoughts or mental verbalization completely, whereas shrooms tend to trigger it.... I suggest 25mg 2C-I for your first time trip alone in your room... pretty much a guaranteed positive experience, IMHO).

Okay guys change of plans basically I'm having a friend over he's gonna be sober basically what should I expect and ya I couldn't get a downer but like whats shrooms like? >.>