Emancipator

samb834

Bluelighter
I've recently discovered the producer Emancipator (http://www.emancipatormusic.com/) and cannot get enough of it... His music is so chilled, layered, constantly twisting and turning and is like nothing I've ever heard before - I love it!

Now as its like nothing I've heard before, I dont seem to have anything else that is in the same genre (apart from the likes of Urich Schnauss) so was wondering if anyone has heard of him before and could recommend something of a similar style that I might find intersting?

Thanks...

Yes yes and yes.
I absolutely love Emancipator.

I thank the Do Lab for turning me onto his beautiful music a while back. Its so relaxing, so wonderful.

I suggest listening to some Bonobo, Baths, Tipper, Nosaj Thing, and some Flying Lotus.

Ambient IDM for the absolute win :)<3

Thanks Thizzer, I'm already familiar with Bonobo and just getting into Tipper. I'll for sure check out the others...

I was looking around and saw that one of Emancipator's tracks is featured on a compliation called Science Fiction Jazz Vol. 12 - just downloaded it but have yet to listen, could be quite interesting though :D - Edit - just had a quick flick through it and don't think the album is all that good :(

Couldn't agree with you more about ambient IDM ftw - it's an absolute must for when I'm kicking back or doing work. You might like Treecreation - although it's more ambient psy its still pretty cool laid back beats... Plus any CD that has a track that samples David Attenborough as well as this little gem is a winner in my book.

Last edited:
That was great dude, you might want to check out Ott. Ambient psychedelic dub at its finest.

Random Rab is someone you might want to check out as well.

I aquired Safe in the Steep Cliffs because I was intrigued by the album cover.

4114101861-1.jpg

Loved it upon first listen. I second the Bonobo suggestion. Bonobo does sound somewhat similar to Emancipator. Also, check out Massive Attack.

I also second FlyLo. Since you asked for "layered, constantly twisting and turning and is like nothing I've ever heard before". I couldn't think of a better response.

I heavily recommend this album to anyone:
Secede - Tryshasla (2005)

If I had a hat on I'd take it off for you Thizzer, loving Random Rab - bloody good recomendation. Definitely the sort of music I need in my life.

I already have OTT - Skylon. In fact Thizz, you just reminded me of a website that I found OTT on. Some guy has complied a list of loads of albums that he thinks are ace in a few different catagories and I'd forgotten about it. Looks like it has potential to have some gems in there though.

Just read some reviews on Tryshasla Rated and it sounds brilliant, just getting myself a copy now, definitely looking forward to hearing it...

Any other suggestions, keep em' coming :D

Cheers mate, really glad you're likin' everything so far :D

As I said in the PM, Bibio has some great stuff that you would love as would anyone else who's likin the stuff thats been brought about so far.

Kenny Dope - Get On Down
Great sampling work here

Lukid is someone I feel you'd like too.

Deru, definitely worth looking into.

Alright, I think that's enough for now, aye? =D

Last edited: