• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Your thoughts on a low 'primer' dose of MDMA

MrMan737

Bluelighter
I have heard a few accounts of user taking a low 'primer' dose of MDMA 3-5 days before a night of rolling. These users claim that taking a low, mostly non-psychoactive dose of MDMA prior to the experience amplifies the effects of the drugs.

I have some reason to believe this, seeings how low doses of certain drugs can actually reverse the effects of receptor down-regulation that full doses have (light alcohol consumption on an irregular basis up-regulates some receptors, including 5-HTRs, in the brain- if somebody could source me on this, I'd be greatly appreciative.)

I plan on rolling for the 3rd time in 8 months in about 15 days, so needless to say I'm hoping for a pretty wonderful experience. I cycled St. John's Wort on and off for about 4 weeks, and have been taking a plethora of other 'brain vitamins' in hopes of doing what I can to help this roll meet my expectations.

So have any of you tried this? Post your positive/negative experience if so.

-MrMan737

All I kno is yesterday I took a low dose of mdma, and it wasn't a good feeling. It just felt like the come up the whole time. My heart wouldn't stop racing, no euphoria, I just felt sketchy. I had to take some benzos to get rid of it. The mdma is clean, ive had it before in higher doses.

I'm not too sure of taking it a few days before, but I once took a small amount at around 11am, didn't feel much apart from a little bit of jitters and chattiness... then at around 6pm took the same amount and I started rolling hard! I was grinding my teeth, unable to sit still, eye wobbles, slight visual distortion, ridiculous empathy! haha, great experience, but have no idea why

Isn't st.johns wort a MAOI? If I remember correctly.. If I'm right stop consuming it in advance like now stop using it... And by the way on your post about MDMA+adderall DO not do it... Go to your 2ND---post to read my trip report

Isn't st.johns wort a MAOI? If I remember correctly.. If I'm right stop consuming it in advance like now stop using it... And by the way on your post about MDMA+adderall DO not do it... Go to your 2ND---post to read my trip report

I know, I haven't taken any St. John's in about two weeks. And yeah I saw your post- thanks for the advice :)

Your welcome i still haven't slept... Sucks just wants some shut eye...

I have heard a few accounts of user taking a low 'primer' dose of MDMA 3-5 days before a night of rolling. These users claim that taking a low, mostly non-psychoactive dose of MDMA prior to the experience amplifies the effects of the drugs.

I have some reason to believe this, seeings how low doses of certain drugs can actually reverse the effects of receptor down-regulation that full doses have (light alcohol consumption on an irregular basis up-regulates some receptors, including 5-HTRs, in the brain- if somebody could source me on this, I'd be greatly appreciative.)

I plan on rolling for the 3rd time in 8 months in about 15 days, so needless to say I'm hoping for a pretty wonderful experience. I cycled St. John's Wort on and off for about 4 weeks, and have been taking a plethora of other 'brain vitamins' in hopes of doing what I can to help this roll meet my expectations.

So have any of you tried this? Post your positive/negative experience if so.

-MrMan737

I don't normally like taking sub-psychoactive doses of MDMA. Like others have said it feel like a long come up, but without that awesome release that you get with a proper dose. The come-up just fizzles into nothing.

I also don't see how a low dose of MDMA would amplify the subsequent roll. If anything that low dose will drain your brain of some of it's seratonin thus making the roll more muted. Every time I've taken a two doses of MDMA within a week of each other, the second roll was always noticeably muted and not as fun as the first one.

I would personally, save up that small dose and add to the second dose to get a proper roll. If you want to potentiate your roll, I'd look into Piracetam. It makes the roll kind feel like your first time for many people here (including me).

have fun!

I have tried this and it seemed to work wonders for me personally. 4 days before I rolled on NYE I took a very low 'primer' dose where I felt mild euphoria and just sat in a club and watched everyone dance. I then took around 130 mg of MDMA on the night of NYE and it excessively opened me up to a flood of Euphoria I had not experianced ever.....

leviticus, the does is supposed to be low enough that it does not trigger the serotonin release, what it is supposed to do is up-regulate the receptors so that when the serotonin is released a few days later, it has more places to latch on to.

OP, if you try it, be sure to let us know!

leviticus, the does is supposed to be low enough that it does not trigger the serotonin release, what it is supposed to do is up-regulate the receptors so that when the serotonin is released a few days later, it has more places to latch on to.

OP, if you try it, be sure to let us know!

Interesting, might have to try it with Piracetam during both the 'primer' and attack dose. Unfortunately I only have access to pills nowadays not crystal MDMA so it's kind of hard to know how much MDMA I am taking. :\

What sort of doses are you effectively 'pre-loading'? A 'sub-psychoactive' dose would be anything below approximately 30mg of which you wouldn't feel anything, not even the weird comeup, no peak feeling.

Its quite an interesting prospect, I remember reading about how low doses of MDMA may infact have the potential to upregulate 5-HT, but I think the dosage would need to be very precise to the individual.

Interesting !

I don't know if iot's allowed to link to other fora, but in the case of HR anything goes, perhaps ?

LINK.

Go to :

III. LONG TERM EFFECTS OF MDMA

B. Up and down regulation of serotonin

There's more info in the article.

I too believe that "low dose" actually means 5-20mg. Anything above 40-50mg will give you weird comeup feelings without plateau indeed.

Interesting !

I don't know if iot's allowed to link to other fora, but in the case of HR anything goes, perhaps ?

LINK.

Go to :

III. LONG TERM EFFECTS OF MDMA

B. Up and down regulation of serotonin

There's more info in the article.

I too believe that "low dose" actually means 5-20mg. Anything above 40-50mg will give you weird comeup feelings without plateau indeed.

I love reading that article. The way they absolutely destroy the Government amuses me highly :)

This is a bad idea. Taking 20mg of MDMA on a Monday will not amplify your 125mg dose on Friday. If anything it will make your Friday dose feel not as profound.

This is a bad idea. Taking 20mg of MDMA on a Monday will not amplify your 125mg dose on Friday. If anything it will make your Friday dose feel not as profound.

This may not be true. Read the article posted by Achten.

I will when I have some extra time.

I think more than anything, this would just be a waste of MDMA. Think of it like this, why take 20mg of MDMA on Monday to amplify your 125mg dose on friday slightly, when you could just dose 145mg on Friday and probably see better results.

I think doing a primer dose would really just be a waste of good MDMA...

This may not be true. Read the article posted by Achten.

Maybe.. but who can say for sure?

I would stay away from this. Yeah, it may work... but it may back fire greatly as well. Honestly I don't think we know enough about the brain or the serotonin system to be able to REALLY have this kind of thing figured out, and in that case I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to be recommending people to do it...... not until we know more, that is.

Maybe.. but who can say for sure?

I would stay away from this. Yeah, it may work... but it may back fire greatly as well. Honestly I don't think we know enough about the brain or the serotonin system to be able to REALLY have this kind of thing figured out, and in that case I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to be recommending people to do it...... not until we know more, that is.

You're right, we don't know enough about MDMA - but we all still consume it regardless. While i'm no expert, i've never read a scientific journal that may suggest that a 'primer dose' could be more dangerous or negatively affect your high. So I don't see how it could 'back fire greatly.' While that journal suggests that consistent low dosing may have beneficial effects on the serotonergic system. Obviously it doesn't suggest anything toward recreational use, but it could be interesting to experiment.

I don't see how fucking around with your brain chemistry on a daily basis can be considered beneficial. I'll be interested to see how studies on it develops.