• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Chlorpheniramine - Largest safe dose?

monstanoodle

Bluelight Crew
I posted this at the end of an old thread and hoped for an answer but nay (I expected as much) ;)

I have a shite load of Chlorpheniramine / Piriton tablets due to a lot of my family suffering from hay-fever and my Dad works for a Pharmaceutical company (or atleast he did, I haven't talked to him in about 3 years now... Sorry, I digress).
So he brought back literally thousands of the small, yellow tablets which I think are either 2 or 4mg.

I use them for the itches if I don't have any Diphenhydramine at hand and I have actually noticed a slight increase in pleasure when I use them to combat the itches H brings about (which was also noted on this website but with regards to Codeine).

Anyhoo, what I'm wondering is what a safe, maximum dose would be?
How many mg/ml does it contain in the Tussionex cough syrup or the Coricidin tabs?
What are the largest doses you (anyone) have taken with no ill effects?

Thankyou for any replies :)

Taking it by itself is pretty useless, it can potentiate opioids though. If thats all you're taking it for, I'd look into some other safer antihistamines that can potentiate them.

Tussionex contains 8mg/teaspoon of chlorpheniramine.

There isn't alot of explicit literature on the dosing, but from the sources I've seen 24mg over 24 hours is the largest safe dose of chlorpheniramine.

Righto, cheers man :)
Yes, this is to treat itches and add a little something to the high. It is distinct from other Antihistamines such as Diphen, Prometh etc. Can't put my finger on it.
Chlorphen has been shown to have Anxiolytic properties in some studies. Doesn't work for everyone ofcourse but that could have something to do with it.

Anyway, this is for when I don't have DPH etc. around ;)

Thanks again dokomo :)

Righto, cheers man :)
Yes, this is to treat itches and add a little something to the high. It is distinct from other Antihistamines such as Diphen, Prometh etc. Can't put my finger on it.
Chlorphen has been shown to have Anxiolytic properties in some studies. Doesn't work for everyone ofcourse but that could have something to do with it.

Anyway, this is for when I don't have DPH etc. around ;)

Thanks again dokomo :)

No problem :D

Have fun and be safe!

Consumed with Hydro as Tussionex, as you know a 12hr release, I've taken over 140mg+ in 12 hrs, so ~45mg/4hr's. I've done this several times, including at doses higher than this with no noticeable additional effect than added sedation and added...pleasure honestly. I weigh 185lbs, and my pal who's abot u250 has had the same experience, at around 50-60+mg per 4hrs. *

I've done hydro thousands of times, Hydrocodone+xxxx syrup, CWE, evap'd CWE (pure hydro, snorted,) you name it, and Tussionex is by far the most enjoyable. The only time release I do not mind a bit ;) IF quantities were appropriately equal, to this day I'd take it over IV H/hydromorphone, Oxy etc....

* (In the U.S. chlorpheniramine is often sold as "Chlortrimeton" 4- or 12hr release. Obviously I buy my store brand generic 100 count at 1/3 the cost. Feels excellent and very similiar to Tussionex, when used with hydromorphone, which isn't suprising at all as hydromorphone is a metabolite of hydrocodone. It's effective and enjoyable for most all op's I've mixed it with. )

It's basically the U.S. equivalent of promethazine (to me anyways) as it's Rx only here. Less sedating and less CNS depression for sure though...I almost like it better :p

Last edited: