Post Your Favourite Essential Mixes

Sykik

Bluelight Crew
Hey Guys, I'm looking to find some more great essential mixes.

Here is my favourite's (or the ones I know and like)

Justice 2007/8 (i think early 2008) (will find a link latter)
It goes from discotech/to some harder stuff... enjoyable, great to study to.

MSTRKRFT 2008

This set is epic, at times it has about 5 tracks going at once.

Boys Noize 2009

This set is great. http://www.weareblahblahblah.com/2009/10/boys-noize-essential-mix-oct-09.html

It really goes all over the place, the mixing at stages is a bit rough, but that is because it's done on vinyl. It really has some gold moments.

Note I will fill out these explanations in time, I am just busy at the moment, and I will get links for them all (and track listings)

adam beyer 2002 and 2006 (i think) are both excellent

Slam (2001)

Agoria (2003)

Don't ask me where to get either of them from - I recorded them from the radio when they were first broadcast - I'm sure all you internet-savvy people will find them easily enough though!

Apparently the Boys Noize Essential is all vinyl. I thought that was very neat.

This one is one of my absolute favorites. Its very out of the ordinary which is what makes it so great. Plus it's FlyLo and who doesnt love FlyLo?!

Flying Lotus - Essential Mix 11/29

Really like the MSTRKRFT and crookers mixes. Too Many DJ's sounds very similar to the MSTRKRFT essential mix.

David Holmes Essential Mix 1997-06-15

very different essential mix mostly soul & funky stuff.

Come on guys... give a touch more info... just a little :) but keep em coming.

Unfortunately that server has been offline too for about a month. Thanks anyway, I'll keep looking for it.

Edit: Here you are

Last edited:
Sykik, Would you mind PM'ing the link's to Justice 2007/8 & MSTRKRFT 2008 when you get a chance?

Would appreciate it :)

i wanna find the carlcox ess mix of the yr at space ibiza think in 99 ive looked on we love oldies n down loaded suspects but thats a helluva mix

there are so many including a couple of mine of course ;) but what im listening to now actually has become quiet timeless, and something i can have on repeat most of the night, many a night.

RICHIE HAWTIN BBC RADIO MIX 1 - [55:12]

it should be available for DL somewhere... very raw & deep with that RH minimal-funk trademark, obviously 3 decks or 2 decks + scratch live or w/e. sounds amazing as well, bass up or cut off even.

Fake Blood Essential Mix FTW - Good shit
Roni size essental mix - Good shit ;)
Diplo Essential mix - good shit on mash up tip
Blame Essentail mix - good variety of dnb