European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Pills circa 19xx Get all your pill nostalgia discussion done here

Mango Chutney

Greenlighter
Was wondering if anyone could fill in a few blanks from my early ecstacy days when I was a lot more naieve when it came to quality etc.

Took my first pill, or 3/4 of a pill at the Radio One Dance Party in Glasgow at new year in 98 I think, Melodies with a little musical note logo. I remember them being brilliant, but as I had nothing to compare it to at the time was wondering if anyone else remembers them.

Also, I seem to remember when Mituibishis came onto the scene around 98/99 people going absolutely mental for them. People wearing Mitsuibishi T-shirts, articles in magazines etc.

What was the deal with them? Were they super strong or were we in the middle of a similar MDMA crisis as today and they were the beginning of a new tide of decent pills?

Finally, I also remember brown Christmas Trees around this time, pretty nasty, leading to the usual rumours that they were spiked with ketamine, smack or any other nasty adultarants.

Hopefully someone with a better memory than me can shed a little bit of light.

well, short answer is there was a much higher standard of pills back then. The average quantity of MDMA was probably much higher than in recent times.

However, in the past year the MDMA shortage has brought with it the piperazine phenomena, with most pills on the streets of the UK containing 0% MDMA 100% who the fuck knows?

Simple fact. The MDMA market always recovers and this time will be no different. There is too much money to be made.

My first e was an acorn in 97

I am a real geek for remembering the stamps (funny because I cant remember what I had for dinner yesterday), I can think of a rave or a night and remember the stamps easily

98-99 I did all of these pills and loads more and they were all decent, some amazing. Pills died for me in 2003, thats when they stopped being of consistant quality and loads of low dose shitters showed up.

yellow callies
pink cadallacs
some sort of bird, not dove split into 4 on the back. Strong as fuck...Glasto 99
loads of mitzes
love hearts
ferraris
snowballs
hearts with a nipple in the middle (weirdest pills ever, great fun)
blue tulips
green barrels
sunrises
roosters

One of the first pills i ate back then was a scrooge Mc Duck and also i remember having VW's. Tones of mitzi's, yellow burgers, green burgers.....but FAR to many to recall

To this day though one of the best pills i ever consumed were stars in 2001ish. Anyone else come across these? Think someone said it was a Heineken star at the time.

yeah, there were some with a star on, some with a bottle on and some with the heineken logo and some with one of the 3 stamps on each side.

Remember scrooges, barney rubbles, vws - I always thought it was funny when you got shit cars on pills VW's, peugeots, I can understand ferraris, jags, mercedes, bmws, TT's but why bother with a peugeot?

There were also shitty pills though, I remember I took one in 99 and that was a blue smurf.

Read something later in mix mag about it being anphetamine and not mdma

The first banger I ever had was those xmas trees with the brown speckles in them, pretty decent. Had it on sunday night, which definitely made for an interesting day at school after no sleep...

Me and my mate turned up to school around 7:30 and were sat ion the floor in one of the corridors with the contents of our bag on the floor (2lts water, bucket and spade, toy pull around phone amonst other things) and the deputy headmaster and two ofsted inspectors walked around the corner... They looked fairly confused, said good morning and were on their way...

But one of the best pills that I can remember off the top of my head were triangular mitizis, around 2001-ish...

similar heyday era to me, ithink my first pillswere mid 97 I think. Cant remember fuck all about what pills was about lots of ferraris, mitzys, rolexs, all sorts. Best littles I ever had are either the black yinyans I got in Amsterdam (Doesnt really count) so its gotta be Pink Cali Sunrise around 99-2000 time

Had some cracking nights on the Mitsers. At that stage I was taking way too much and looking back didn't really appreciate it but no one did as no one ever thought it would get the way it is now. I can remember wishing someone would burn this club down that we used to go to just so I might slow down a bit! I started doing pills around 94 (white doves:)), stopped for a while around 97 when things took a turn for the worse if I remember right. Then the Mitsubishis came in... good times.

around 1998 i remember some realy nice ones that were small plain white cylinders. you definatly only needed one at a time. if the sonics today are supposed to be 120mg plus then these were easily 170mg plus 8o i can remember i used to do no more than 3 in the whole night and afterwards i always felt spaced out to the max, but i can remember one of my mates at the time used to eat them like smarties he woud eat 10 plus. i actually bumped in to him the other day i hadnt seen him for abut 5 years and hes a bit of a mess now not suprised tho :\

there were always capsules about at the time as well but at that point they were full of brown crystal but were still very nice, a few years befor that the capsules i used to get wre full of a fluffy powder, not a fine dust and not crushed crystals, they were really really nice capsules back then. im sure the mdma in them was just higher quality back then.

Going way back...

The one legendary pill always touted as being amazing but that I never tried was a Rhubarb and Custard cap.

I had a pure mdma white cap not long after at a house party which made me shiver for hours <3 probably the best pill I have ever done.

And....it was touted as having been made by Stanley Owsley, apparently living in London at the time. Which I personally think was probably stretching the truth a little!!!

My first ever was an old school dove probably early 90's, in the summer, in a garden.

Bliss

After that....of note

Triple XXX's (rushes)

Snowballs (woaaaaah!) not mdma, MDA methinks, remember a lot of dry ice making me thinking I was on a cloud and then and not knowing whether my reflection on a mirror was the real me or if I was 8o

Pink Calis (WOW, small but brilliant)

Mitzis were a welcome return after a bad patch.

Loads of MDMA crystal, what a great summer.

Barrels

Smileys

I'm sure there are loads of others I can't remember that were ok in between but that brings us to where we are now..

Had a old saved up smiley last weekend, did the job perfectly, not strong but what we want.

Still waiting for the return of some decent stuff, can't beat real mdma.

In SW but pipz all over the place, tried Mephedrone, doesn't touch it.

It makes no sense. Someone could make a killing!

Last edited:
In 1997 there was a far lesser drought than the current one, you could still get little fellas but there was a flood of weaker shite. Rumor had it that a synth method or precursor became untennable. THen some bright spark set up a massive industrial ecstasy factory in Holland & the first batch pre-mitsu were elephants, exactly the same size & strength as mitsu batch 1, but with an elephant logo. The scene actually regressed a bit at the time and a few nights closed due to poor e's... then when mitsus hit it was mental. THey were selling for £15 a go inside The Gallery @ Turnmills but you only needed 1 or 2, I'd say probably 150mg.

Of course, the funny thing, that people have always been saying since I got stuck in in 1995, was "they're shit now, not like they were back in the day" etc etc etc. The truth is, if you get a weak pill of say 50mg and drop 3, then bingo - equivalent to one 150mg pill!

Just found a mate who rekons he can get blue &'s - any good - mixed report & arguement on PR about these

Simples

In 1997 there was a far lesser drought than the current one, you could still get little fellas but there was a flood of weaker shite. Rumor had it that a synth method or precursor became untennable. THen some bright spark set up a massive industrial ecstasy factory in Holland & the first batch pre-mitsu were elephants, exactly the same size & strength as mitsu batch 1, but with an elephant logo. The scene actually regressed a bit at the time and a few nights closed due to poor e's... then when mitsus hit it was mental. THey were selling for £15 a go inside The Gallery @ Turnmills but you only needed 1 or 2, I'd say probably 150mg.

Of course, the funny thing, that people have always been saying since I got stuck in in 1995, was "they're shit now, not like they were back in the day" etc etc etc. The truth is, if you get a weak pill of say 50mg and drop 3, then bingo - equivalent to one 150mg pill!

Just found a mate who rekons he can get blue &'s - any good - mixed report & arguement on PR about these

Simples

Ahh yes elephants, the missing link

Were they pink and crumbly? Some of the best pills ever!

Took my first pill, or 3/4 of a pill at the Radio One Dance Party in Glasgow at new year in 98 I think, Melodies with a little musical note logo. I remember them being brilliant, but as I had nothing to compare it to at the time was wondering if anyone else remembers them.

Playboys were good for a bit- around 96 or 97 I think. I seem to remember the entire world becoming a giant breast pulsating with waves of pure love energy, and I was the nipple on the top. That was my first pill. The next one made me puke, freak out and hallucinate so I left them alone after that.

The best pills I had were very crumbly Mitzi Turbos around in 98-99. Coming up, body rushes, dancing like a nutter, total euphoria! We used to bulk buy cos they were so good. I haven't taken mdma for years cos nothing's ever come close to what was about then.

They were different in that they had a parma violet smell and they turned the E-Z Test a deep inky blue rather than the dark maroon/brown colour that you got with more recent pills.

I was told that the quality of pills declined after that cos Russia changed their laws regarding safrole. Not sure how true that is but something definitely happened about that time.

The best pills I had were very crumbly Mitzi Turbos around in 98-99. Coming up, body rushes, dancing like a nutter, total euphoria! We used to bulk buy cos they were so good. I haven't taken mdma for years cos nothing's ever come close to what was about then.

They were different in that they had a parma violet smell and they turned the E-Z Test a deep inky blue rather than the dark maroon/brown colour that you got with more recent pills.

I was told that the quality of pills declined after that cos Russia changed their laws regarding safrole. Not sure how true that is but something definitely happened about that time.

Pills have been fine albeit getting weaker) up to about March this year for me. Not sure where people get the "2004 was my last good pill" thing from, ther has been no shortage of beans, and as the perice is so ridiculously low why is it an issue, pills were always £10 up to about 1998 and until the recent shortage, you still got more MDMA per £ buying say 4 x 70MG bad boys vs 1 x 150MG for £10.

People saying how much better it was in the old days gets boring... nothing in the past came close to the fucking MASSES of MDMA crystal available for cheap last year.

I never bang on about the good ole days of drugs. But i do bang on about the good ole days of being young, footloose and fancy free. Sign of getting old.

.. nothing in the past came close to the fucking MASSES of MDMA crystal available for cheap last year.

You reckon?

I used to love the fact that you'd buy a pill or a cap in 92 and you just knew it would have MDMA in it.

But you did pay through the fucken nose for it in comparison!