• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Synthetic Cannabinoid Discussion- 2nd Toke

Similar thing happened to me after smoking large amounts of JWH, not 50mg large, but still a good amount. I took a break, starting meditating again, and now I'm almost back to normal. I suggest taking a longer break and meditating and exercising on a regular basis. When you do start smoking again, start with very small amounts.

It gave you very bad anxiety, and caused your cannabis experiences to lose their glamour?? You really think meditating and exercising will really help me out, because this is really effecting my life very negatively and I just want to find a way to fix it, it's causing me to lose enjoyment in any and all activities.

Put simply Stop smoking like the other dude said!!..It obviously doesnt agree with you,like many people including myself some people can get canabis psychosis which is very common just alot of people dont know it!...I went through t same afew yrs ago panic attacks nd t like for awhile,including horrible depression!..I know its probley not easy when u got people around ya doing it,but fuck them think of ur head nd quit it,ul feel better in afew months!;)

It's just when it comes to psychedelics I can handle them extremely well (which may or may not have to do with this, but just thought I might add that)

It's just I LOVE marijuana, I had smoked it for years and had nothing but great experiences (even smoked it everyday almost), so it has agreed with me for my whole life! It's jsut then I made a bad decision and I abused JWH018 to extremely unhealthy levels because I wanted to still get high, but my tolerance was very high from smoking marijuana everyday, so I made that bad desicion and now I think it has effected me negatively.
I just want to go back to the way it used to be, where I would smoke a good amount and be super stoned, relaxed, and laugh over nothing, not super stoned and freaked out and feeling crazy (from a .1 or .2 at the most!)
Do you think it is because the JWH018 caused me to have negative experiences associated with cb1 activation in the brain, that now when I get that activation causes me to associate it with the horrible experiences I had with 018.

Or could it just be that abusing pure JWH over a long period of time has manifested extreme anxiety in me (which it seems like it has, even though I haven't done it in 4 months or so), and caused my anxiety to get exacerbated by the marijuana high.

Either way, is there anyway to solve this?! I want to go back to the extremely fun highs from marijuana, and this just seems horribly unfair!! I don't want to get panicked when I smoke marijuana!!

It gave you very bad anxiety, and caused your cannabis experiences to lose their glamour?? You really think meditating and exercising will really help me out, because this is really effecting my life very negatively and I just want to find a way to fix it, it's causing me to lose enjoyment in any and all activities.

It will take some time but I do think it'll help you out. Anxiety isn't easy to get rid of because it gets triggered at a near sub-conscious level. You've pretty much got to relearn how deal with anxiety inducing thoughts. Meditation and exercise will help you do this.

JWH-018 has been known to cause long term anxiety? I have never heard of this, but seems to be consistent to what I am going through. (Sources?) I'm not sure, is there any way to solve this?? I started taking celexa because the anxiety got so bad, and have just recently tried marijuana after my break and had these horrible experiences, but prior to all this I was smoking everyday for years and never had a problem once!! Could it be something JWH018 trigged, because I think it may have given me some symptoms of PTSD because at large doses it scared me shitless and made me paranoid beyond belief.

Could the combination of celexa and marijuana have anything to do with the issue?

There arent that many sources since it is a research chemical and much is still not known about it but I know I've read it some were (from a accurate source) and also I have a friend who is going threw the same thing right now. They wont even touch weed because of the anxiety issues. Ill keep my eyes open for a source though.

There arent that many sources since it is a research chemical and much is still not known about it but I know I've read it some were (from a accurate source) and also I have a friend who is going threw the same thing right now. They wont even touch weed because of the anxiety issues. Ill keep my eyes open for a source though.

Do you know anything that they are doing that is helping them cope with the anxiety?? (Besides the meditation already mentioned) This is really hindering my daily functioning and life, and has caused me to have severe depression. I am not sure if the depression is causing the extra anxiety (already suffered it to a degree my whole life, but nothing this bad! It was always not that bad, and always controllable) Or if the extra anxiety (JWH induced or otherwise) is causing my severe depression. I am in dire need of something that will help me..

My quality of life is suffering, and I am contemplating things that I should never contemplate!! Such as suicide. Not that I think I would ever attempt it, but that's how horrible I've been feeling, and now I can't even turn to my favorite substance because that is just exacerbating the situation! :(

It's just when it comes to psychedelics I can handle them extremely well (which may or may not have to do with this, but just thought I might add that)

It's just I LOVE marijuana, I had smoked it for years and had nothing but great experiences (even smoked it everyday almost), so it has agreed with me for my whole life! It's jsut then I made a bad decision and I abused JWH018 to extremely unhealthy levels because I wanted to still get high, but my tolerance was very high from smoking marijuana everyday, so I made that bad desicion and now I think it has effected me negatively.
I just want to go back to the way it used to be, where I would smoke a good amount and be super stoned, relaxed, and laugh over nothing, not super stoned and freaked out and feeling crazy (from a .1 or .2 at the most!)
Do you think it is because the JWH018 caused me to have negative experiences associated with cb1 activation in the brain, that now when I get that activation causes me to associate it with the horrible experiences I had with 018.

Or could it just be that abusing pure JWH over a long period of time has manifested extreme anxiety in me (which it seems like it has, even though I haven't done it in 4 months or so), and caused my anxiety to get exacerbated by the marijuana high.

Either way, is there anyway to solve this?! I want to go back to the extremely fun highs from marijuana, and this just seems horribly unfair!! I don't want to get panicked when I smoke marijuana!!

Put it this way if u ate a burger nd u got food poison nd wer sick for afew days,It cud be weeks later when ur feeling ok u see a burger,automatically ur brain wud have some sort of a reaction" be it u say to urself im not gonna eat tat again,because u remember t last time!..Its the same with Jwh nd ur weed both of them contributed to you having a bad experiance,so it will be hard for ur brain to seperate one from the other when ur under t influence of ether weed or jwh..You get me?..My advice again is for u to take a break from everything for abit nd see how u get on!..You dont got fuck all to lose by doing this on the scale of things"%) but could have everything to gain!;)

Last edited:
Do you know anything that they are doing that is helping them cope with the anxiety?? (Besides the meditation already mentioned) This is really hindering my daily functioning and life, and has caused me to have severe depression. I am not sure if the depression is causing the extra anxiety (already suffered it to a degree my whole life, but nothing this bad! It was always not that bad, and always controllable) Or if the extra anxiety (JWH induced or otherwise) is causing my severe depression. I am in dire need of something that will help me..

My quality of life is suffering, and I am contemplating things that I should never contemplate!! Such as suicide. Not that I think I would ever attempt it, but that's how horrible I've been feeling, and now I can't even turn to my favorite substance because that is just exacerbating the situation! :(

Have you looked into xanax? I'm not big on referring someone to take a drug due to another drug but xanax honestly might help with the anxiety. As for like quality of life, you just have to do some soul searching. Find your motive and let it guide you threw the hard times. Place yourself in positive enviroments, surrounded by positive people.

Smoke strains with a higher CBD to THC count. Sativa tends to throw me into a state of paranoia as well, but smoking indica has alleviated the anxiety/paranoia and makes for much more enjoyable highs. It's worth looking into if you get medical grade grass.

Smoke strains with a higher CBD to THC count. Sativa tends to throw me into a state of paranoia as well, but smoking indica has alleviated the anxiety/paranoia and makes for much more enjoyable highs. It's worth looking into if you get medical grade grass.

This or smoke some regs. shitty weed gets you relaxed and feeling pretty good and theres not much of a psychadelic aspect to it.

jwh made it so your mind cant fight off the stupid unrealistic thoughts...
I hear weird ass noises sometimes too in my head even when sober but i just run with it. Its like a thought loop in your head, happens all the time. if you just go with it its better than worrying or thinking about anything. its quite meditative...
I think you need to chill on psychadelics(weed included) for a bit and get your head straight then you can probably start smoking again imo... might take a week or two... might take years. its up to you. good luck!

Last edited:
Marijuana and JWH are not the same substance and it is possible that they effect the metabolic pathways in a different manner. I've read that marijuana abuse over a long time can cause changes in GABA somewhere down the line and this could create anxiety. It could be much worse in JWH. If your excessively using it then this could be a permanent effect. Not sure there is anything you can really do about it now. IMO, you shouldn't have abused a little known about research chemical in the first place. All you can really do about it now is give it time and see if your brain re-establishes some kind of homeostasis.

I had to quit smoking weed for 10 years due to panic attacks. I'm back with a bang now though.

I don't know who said it, but honestly it's an awful idea to get into the habit of taking Xanex to relax every time you smoke pot. Benzos are super addictive, and pretty soon you'll find yourself being too into the pills to even care about pot. If you go on an SSRI it will greatly alleviate your anxiety when you smoke. It feels like a more sober high almost, which prevents your mind from racing and causing panic.

Benzos to solve weed anxiety is a terrible terrible idea, because you can't take benzos anywhere near as often as one would want to smoke weed without ending up addicted to benzos.

I've heard _alot_ of people report similar effects after very heavy cannabinoid use, followed by a break. Happens more with JWH's just because it's easier to reach the level of use* that leads to this. Can also be triggered in some by a few OD's on JWH's**. Some people report that they've been able to get back into weed eventually, while others say it ruined weed for them forever. There are also people who reported being in this situation due to smoking real weed only, but were able to smoke JWH blends without anxiety, and people for whom (obviously) jwh's are far worse.

The level of complexity in the cannabinoid system is greater than that of most classes of drug, there are at least two receptors beyond CB1 and 2 that are hit by cannabinoids. Natural cannabinoids are partial agonists/antagonists at all the CB receptors (including the ones that aren't named as such), with varying affinities and efficacies***. Synthetics are also partial agonists, but with a higher efficacy (often much higher), and with a different binding profile than natural cannabinoids. And the cannabinoid system is involved in a whole bunch of other brain systems.

Also, jeez, did half the people responding not read the original post before reply?
There are like 4 posts telling him to lay off the smoking or take a break, when he clearly said that he had taken a 2.5 month break, and had a panic attack after one hit.

* 50-100mg doses are, surprisingly, not unheardof. I'm aware of at least 4 different forum members who were using at that level (which i reckon is a gram a day of JWH-018. Real quick and dirty calculations would equate that to an ounce a day of good (though not amazing) weed.
** 90% of JWH overdoses are from "hotspots" in blends, and probably another 5% is due to misguided attempts to take them orally.
*** this is likely why you can "smoke yourself sober" with some strains of weed at some levels of tolerance, and also likely contributes to why the first high of the day is the best - longer-lived partial agonists blocking the action of THC...

The advice on taking a break, and smoking more CBD-heavy solids for a while are pieces of sound advice.

If it's just anxiety - look up "pranayama" on google - this will help you a lot.

JWH-307 is an analgesic drug used in scientific research, which acts as a cannabinoid agonist at both the CB1 and CB2 receptors. It is somewhat selective for the CB2 subtype, with a Ki of 7.7nM at CB1 vs 3.3nM at CB2.[1] It was discovered by, and named after, Dr. John W. Huffman.

It's a phenylpyrrole so it's not covered by the hypothetical JWH ban. It does contain a naphoyl group though so it's got the same issue as JWH-015/018.

Never heard of these things. They are synthetic drugs? Are they legal and available?
What are they used for?

They are synthetic cannabinoids (analogs of THC) originally developed for researching cannabinoid receptors in the brain and body, and now manufactured and sold for the purpose of getting high. They produce much stronger effects than THC and can be scarily hallucinogenic and dysphoric at high doses, and certain ones with a naphoyl moiety (015,018, this one) are metabolized to a compound that may act as a carcinogen, so many just prefer herb.