• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Let's talk about Racism

hiss said:
Or you pass 7 random white guys alone in an alley, but passing only 1 black is just as dangerous...

Here, you fallacious causal inference (along with various stereotype-based, unsubstantiated claims) leads me to even greater doubt over your argument of genetic causation via process of elimination. I have explained numerous trends in racialization at length in this thread and am not hasty to repeat myself further.

ebola

i'm most surely more likely to be raped by 7 random white guys in an alley (?! what the fuck?) than one black dude.

Im sorry but I feel everyone is racist to a certain degree. I will admit I cringe a bit when I see a hot young white girl dating a black guy, but thats my problem. The fellow is doing good for himself and I guess deep down I am just jealous. Besides I am not really pissed at the dude as much as I am at the girl imho. I think deep down many people have these type of prejudices and all we can do is work on ourselves. Self improvement etc...

jk

Last edited:
but you don't cringe when you see a hot young black girl dating a white guy? 8)

can we move this thread to The Lounge for the LOLZ?

funny, i cringe a little when i see people dating others who could be mistaken for their sibling. pretty gross dude. mixed ethnicity couples just make me happy. seriously, my initial reaction when seeing them is joy.

my initial reaction is similar, and then shifts into protectionism rather quickly.

There are just as many, or more poor white people. Yet blacks are 700% more likely to commit violence... come on, 7x is too big for socio economic status. and even if it was because of extreme amounts of poverty, why are so many poor? Something is going on, some unknown variable.

I also don't really like seeing black guys with white girls but don't pay much attention or mind to it anymore. (i won't chicken out and say i'm joking- Droppersneck.... lol)

Numbers aside even, I think its a bit natural to be slightly racist; many people get over it living in society a while, yet some get worse, mostly dependent on how they were raised and more importantly, their experiences with members of the other race. Just think of how we evolved, we had to protect our own little hunter-gatherer societies from people who didn't even look much different.

I'm not going to debate more about SES supposedly being the cause. Maybe some can't fit how huge of a difference 700% is. I'd suspect a hidden variable beyond SES at around 15 or 20%. This is huge in terms of statistics, many standard deviations away from average.

I'm not going to debate more about SES supposedly being the cause.

That you summarize your opposition's argument as such (and that you refuse to elaborate on the supposed genetic underpinnings of race) leads me to think that you aren't interested in thoroughly exploring the causal underpinnings of racial disparities in various contexts. I have spent hours explaining such factors and social contexts in this very thread. . .

ebola

Will anyone argue against the fact that black people are more athletic? We can only argue when the topic is positive, this thread will never work in a politically correct setting imo

My aunt (mom's sister) married a black man, my uncle. He's awesome. Anyways, he has 3 kids, they're half and half. When we play Call of Duty or something im always like "kill that nigger !!" or even "You NIG!" if he kills me. Then im like *facepalm* as i realize what i said. They dont ever seem to take offense, a couple times im like ooops sorry and theyre like dude its not a big deal.

So im thinking, since i have black family, i am more entitled than most in using the N word. I could be like, whatup nig how you been ? Because black people do it among themselves. Not that i would. But i feel like it'd be at least somewhat less inappropriate given that we are family . ne thoughts?

And on athleticism, i've never been beat in rock climbing by a black person. Nor do i see them scaling the cliffs very much in my area. Maybe they have bigger fish to fry. Although they'd own me in a race /hurdles/ anything requiring endurance on the ground....

MMaybe they have bigger fish to fry. Although they'd own me in a race /hurdles/ anything requiring endurance on the ground....

"they"

steve-urkel-geek.jpg

really?

droppers said:
Will anyone argue against the fact that black people are more athletic? We can only argue when the topic is positive, this thread will never work in a politically correct setting imo

Sure. There is no as of yet discovered genetic basis for African American dominance in professional athletics. It is likely that politico-economic oppression creates a larger pool of training athletes among African Americans, as they're denied opportunities elsewhere (I'm not saying that this trend is dominant among the majority of African Americans).

I could be wrong though--there could be some key sequence of genetic code affecting muscle fiber density, bone structure, etc. that happens to correlate with key genes expressing melanin content.

ebola

Sure. There is no as of yet discovered genetic basis for African American dominance in professional athletics. It is likely that politico-economic oppression creates a larger pool of training athletes among African Americans, as they're denied opportunities elsewhere (I'm not saying that this trend is dominant among the majority of African Americans).

I could be wrong though--there could be some key sequence of genetic code affecting muscle fiber density, bone structure, etc. that happens to correlate with key genes expressing melanin content.

ebola

So their dominant presence in the NBA is purely because their socio-economic status growing up? I knew plenty of poor white people growing up and it gave them no propensity towards sports. Your so politically correct its flawing your logic imho

Will anyone argue against the fact that black people are more athletic?

because they are taller?
why are they taller?
because heat is more evenly distributed through out your body when you are taller. which is important when you live like, in africa or something.

droppin' it said:
So their dominant presence in the NBA is purely because their socio-economic status growing up?

So you want to reply to what I said while obscuring all of its nuances? Good showing, bro. :p

ebola

Dont kid your self Jaleel white is an excellent basketball player! Some stereotypes hold more clout then others imo.

yeah well there is no "them" when it comes to the absurdity that is "race". my point that the individual makes substantially more difference than skin tone still stands.

700% more likely to commit violence...

like someone said; people getting caught and prosecuted does not equals the number of people committing the violent crimes

i dont know if you are familiar with psychology i got interested in that when i was younger and ive learn about pavlov's dog for instance

here is what he would do :
- bring food to a dog
- ring a bell

its called conditioning
so then he could simply ring the bell and the dog would salivate
cuz on a very basic level thats how our brains work

if you get sexually abused as a child more chances are that you are gonna sexually abused someone as a adult

if you beat a dog all the time or beat a kid good chances are that you are gonna end up with a fuckt up kid or dog that is gonna go beat or bite people

i guess you get that correlation right ?

well i see this in the bigger picture of what did happen in africa
they had lots of warfare, but not as bad as it is today but thats how slavery started i think
you had people going to war for the sake of getting prisoner so that they could sell them to Europeans
and then they where slaves

so back then in north and south america, who was committing the crimes ? lots of whites where slave owners, well it wasnt a crime back then but i guess you are talking about being more prone to violence right, and back then its the whites that was doing the bad thing
so would you have being racist againts whites back then ?

but anyway thats not my point,
what did slavery brought is conditioning on a whole group of people
it lasted a very long time and it was pretty atrocious
then it got better and now there is a black men in the white house and women are allowed to vote and gay can almost marry and we can almost smoke weed legally but we aint there yet just like racism is still alive
and as long as there will be racism there will be inequality and there will be blacks filling up those crime charts
crime is related to poverty and obviously if you and everyone else that is "black" comes from slavery then it aint like they can magically get rich once slavery got abolished
so the slave mentality keep perpetrating itself over and over and is still alive today

if you got loving parent there is less chance that you are gonna start hating people
if you are expose to french you are gonna speak french
if you are expose to english you are gonna speak english
if you are expose to love you are gonna express love
and if its hate you r gonna be a hatter

so try to understand the whole situation of what some africans had to go through and how it influenced their behavior up to today

its conditioning it aint in the genes

and i was centering on the americas but now look at what did happen in africa
you had people from europe coming to africa and doing whatever they cared to do, cuz, well thats what we do as human, we are at war, we come and conquer, we extract the resource and keep it all for ourself, and war is the usual mean to achieve that
(and war will fuck you up, you get deep trauma out of it)

so people who came out of africa had to fight alot and steal and exchange technology including the social technology ( the social structure and organization and planing and all that civilized stuff )
so european had a plan and guns and african were no match
it really doesnt mater if they were black or white or any colors or any culture
its all about power
someone is gonna be on top and someone is gonna eat crap
africa got crap

all the violence that has being pushed toward africa and african is still in there, now they give what theve receive

blacks ending up committing crimes is just a reflection of where they come from

and like i said it really aint about "race"
as ebola pointed out there is no such thing as race
ginger and brunettes are of the same race in a similar way that whites and black are of the same race, its called the human race, thats science

but your cultural background sure does influence most of who you are and become
and some blacks are still perpetrating aggression cuz of the aggression that they have received (or are receiving)
be it the one im talking about or the infinity of other reason there is to push someone to commit a violent act

and sorry if this is all badly worded
i hope i can present a different perspective that might make you see things differently, like in a better light
cuz if you say that violent crimes are a bad thing i would assume that you wish there was more love out there, more compassion and all that plur
love can come from understanding, and racism sure doesnt rhymes with love

can that make some sense to you ?

(btw there is some stuff in there that arent so well expressed and some people might conclude stuff that i didnt intend, so please dont be too quit to assume too much out of the details, its more of a general picture fastly drawn thing)

So you want to reply to what I said while obscuring all of its nuances? Good showing, bro. :p

ebola

Nice deflection. You know what I am saying. Your hands are definitely tied by political correctness. I do not blame you this is the society we live in, but I urge you to show a little moxy with the amenity of the internet!