• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Let's talk about Racism

Nice deflection. You know what I am saying. Your hands are definitely tied by political correctness. I do not blame you this is the society we live in, but I urge you to show a little moxy with the amenity of the internet!

Even if the facts (aren't) are wrong behind the idea of political correctness, that doesn't mean the concept is. Especially in cases of anonymity. You should hold yourself accountable for presented thoughts. You can't help being racist scientists say, but you can dictate your presentation of those sometimes irrational thoughts. That's correct, as much as it is mature.

The point to this thread escapes me though.

Droppersneck said:
You know what I am saying. Your hands are definitely tied by political correctness. I do not blame you this is the society we live in, but I urge you to show a little moxy with the amenity of the internet!
Do you want us to admit that certain traits are more prevalent in certain ethnic groups. Admitted, now what? We should assume all blacks have sickle cell and all Jews have Tay-Sachs and all whites have skin cancer? I admit demographic differences are interesting not just about race but occupation, brand preferences, localities all kinds of things. How much of a criteria ought race be for deciding things about an individual?

Do you want us to admit that certain traits are more prevalent in certain ethnic groups. Admitted, now what? We should assume all blacks have sickle cell and all Jews have Tay-Sachs and all whites have skin cancer? I admit demographic differences are interesting not just about race but occupation, brand preferences, localities all kinds of things. How much of a criteria ought race be for deciding things about an individual?

This is obvious imo. It doesnt have to be a negative thing, but by thinking this way you would be separating your self from the "intellectual" flock.

This is obvious imo. It doesnt have to be a negative thing, but by thinking this way you would be separating your self from the "intellectual" flock.

By that you mean, differences in color are attributed to early vitamin diets? Is it location, or is it race? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Droppers said:
Nice deflection. You know what I am saying.

Frankly, there was nothing to deflect: you appeared to respond to a bizarre caricature of my view, not any of the points that I put forth.

Yes, of course there are differences in mean-trends among ethno-racial groups. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a zone of controversy. However, you're doing a disservice to yourself cutting short your investigation thereof.

ebola

Frankly, there was nothing to deflect: you appeared to respond to a bizarre caricature of my view, not any of the points that I put forth.

Yes, of course there are differences in mean-trends among ethno-racial groups. Otherwise, this wouldn't be a zone of controversy. However, you're doing a disservice to yourself cutting short your investigation thereof.

ebola

So by "cutting my investigation short" I am not being objective enough in discerning that there is a direct correlation between athletic ability and ethnicity? I truly think your ideas of whats "right" retard you from further investigation. lol

So by "cutting my investigation short" I am not being objective enough in discerning that there is a direct correlation between athletic ability and ethnicity? I truly think your ideas of whats "right" retard you from further investigation. lol

Are you cutting my simple points purposely? Race = Vitamin. So with that simple knowledge, do elaborate.

droppers said:
So by "cutting my investigation short" I am not being objective enough in discerning that there is a direct correlation between athletic ability and ethnicity?

Nope. Observing a trend yields, of course, a datum. However, failing to explore its causal origins thoroughly renders such observation abjectly superficial.

I truly think your ideas of whats "right" retard you from further investigation. lol

This might have proven more cutting if you were to have provided any indication that you know what my ideas on race are. :p

ebola

droppers said:
Your hands are definitely tied by political correctness.

I'll have to hand it to you that this got me thinking:

To a certain extent, my formalistic language is shaped by politically correct contexts (as these are the primary settings in which I've engaged research and theory on racialization). However, I don't think that this bears particularly direct influence on my causal analysis.

I find racism couched in pseudo-science a lot scarier than, "I hate niggers, lol!"

ebola

I'll have to hand it to you that this got me thinking:

To a certain extent, my formalistic language is shaped by politically correct contexts (as these are the primary settings in which I've engaged research and theory on racialization). However, I don't think that this bears particularly direct influence on my causal analysis.

I find racism couched in pseudo-science a lot scarier than, "I hate niggers, lol!"

ebola

Well you are plotting simple hate versus evil, where you are wrong is thinking that we cannot segregate the facts from what we deem societally wrong in the "intellectual" community. I think sometimes if we get out of our comfort zones a deeper train of thought can be attained!

where you are wrong is thinking that we cannot segregate the facts from what we deem societally wrong in the "intellectual" community.

I actually said the precise opposite (even if I lacked firm ground to do so). I give up, lol. :p

ebola

Well you are plotting simple hate versus evil, where you are wrong is thinking that we cannot segregate the facts from what we deem societally wrong in the "intellectual" community. I think sometimes if we get out of our comfort zones a deeper train of thought can be attained!
lolwut.png

translation: didn't make sense.

ur welcome. :)

translation: didn't make sense.

ur welcome. :)

well it didnt make sense to you because what I stated questions your whole online credo in a round about way. You obviously would never consider yourself an "intellectual" that would purposely shy away from the truth in order to protect a beleif system. Nor would I ever expect you to CWE :D

dude, how sober are you?

question my "online 'credo'" directly, have at it. i always love a good trainwreck.

>>Well you are plotting simple hate versus evil, where you are wrong is thinking that we cannot segregate the facts from what we deem societally wrong in the "intellectual" community.>>

this is what i don't think makes sense. please reword it.

>>I think sometimes if we get out of our comfort zones a deeper train of thought can be attained!>>

of course...

about racism... modern racism is not seen even by modern racists. it's overstereotyped modes of thinking, subtle generalizations that influence behavior; it's not necessarily malice toward a "race", or even feelings about a whole "race".

it makes much more sense to view different ethnicities, different individuals, layers of ethnicities; but even doing this, one can have racist tendencies in thought: it's basic overgeneralization and overstereotyping blown out of proportion (but it feels like it makes sense at the time&place)... to consider "black" (as an overt and obvious example) as a group of people, makes no sense. they are spread across the earth, the genotype variation between a black and a white is the same between two blacks so there's not a genetic component to look at. socioeconomic and historical factors can account for all of the important differences, as we're all human...

this is why i haven't really looked at this thread till now. racism is pretty silly, which is why i include it in so many of my lulz. lulz is all it's good for nowadays.

p.s., i think you know my hands aren't tied by political correctness. that said, come at be bra ;)

dude, how sober are you?

question my "online 'credo'" directly, have at it. i always love a good trainwreck.

>>Well you are plotting simple hate versus evil, where you are wrong is thinking that we cannot segregate the facts from what we deem societally wrong in the "intellectual" community.>>

this is what i don't think makes sense. please reword it.

>>I think sometimes if we get out of our comfort zones a deeper train of thought can be attained!>>

of course...

about racism... modern racism is not seen even by modern racists. it's overstereotyped modes of thinking, subtle generalizations that influence behavior; it's not necessarily malice toward a "race", or even feelings about a whole "race".

it makes much more sense to view different ethnicities, different individuals, layers of ethnicities; but even doing this, one can have racist tendencies in thought: it's basic overgeneralization and overstereotyping blown out of proportion (but it feels like it makes sense at the time&place)... to consider "black" (as an overt and obvious example) as a group of people, makes no sense. they are spread across the earth, the genotype variation between a black and a white is the same between two blacks so there's not a genetic component to look at. socioeconomic and historical factors can account for all of the important differences, as we're all human...

this is why i haven't really looked at this thread till now. racism is pretty silly, which is why i include it in so many of my lulz. lulz is all it's good for nowadays.

p.s., i think you know my hands aren't tied by political correctness. that said, come at be bra ;)

LMAO, good post/ good call. Bourbon,roxi, beer, and soma. I think I was making up words, but I still stick by my basic argument that political correctness ties the hands of people from looking deeper into alot of issues.

This isn't an argument per se, as you've failed to substantiate your claim. :p

i think words have a huge power to influence our thinking and behavior. we are creatures suspended in a web of meanings that we have created, and those meanings are held up by words. political correctness is a collective attempt to direct our verbal thinking in a positive way, and could have positive impacts (as well as possible negatives? why don't you explicate these negative impacts? the positives are sort of obvious)

Last edited: