Enough. Reform the lounge already

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the lounge is lulzy, if you don't, then don't go into it.
How hard is that 8)

i got all the way through page 4 before i lost all patience.

the people who own, mod, etc. this site work hard. have you not seen the backlash from these recent administrative actions?! they are constantly working!

realize that this site changes constantly...ebb and flow. note that sometimes the lounge is all plurry and people are having meet-ups, etc. that's great. but fewer meetups happen now, and we all know why (i believe there was a lot more sex, drugs, alcohol, and std's too). it's a lot tougher to have the "cohesion" that some people are looking for- the "good ol' days" if you will.

the lounge is there for all to blow off steam, you might not like it, but the warnings exist for a reason.

there are plenty of people and threads (hell, entire forums!) that i disregard b/c i don't care for them.

everything works itself out for a reason (and with the help of the people behind this site).

nobody wants to turn this into a pissing contest, but srsly, when you haven't been around for more then a year, it's tough to call out an establishment that has been around for 10 years with many thousands of members.

p.s. if one is not a fan of the lounge, i would suggest steering quite clear of redlight.

Afraid not. I'm too sauve and debonaire for the American public to vote for me.

Besides, I'm sure Obama can do a reasonable job in my absence.

Let me know if he goes militant like the last one, and I'll see what I can do.

Ha! Sweet, but I'm afraid it would be unethical to deny the British public.

You do realise that, as a Senior Mod, you are obligated not to encourage or engage in off-topic banter in serious threads?

tut-tut

I'm betting Felix will delete this magnificent conversation we're having in this highly original and ground-breaking thread.

3-1 odds of thread closure
4-1 odds of post deletion
1-1 odds of Reed writing a post so long and considered that no one can disagree

tambo said:
Poopie for prez... or admin... or summat.
indeed, but i hold back from the whole "don't like it don't go" argument. i very much prefer the "be the change..." one, which is far easier than any of the skeptic imagine. it just takes some tough skin and persistence.

I thought it was just me.

now there's a quote for the ages :D

indeed, but i hold back from the whole "don't like it don't go" argument. i very much prefer the "be the change..." one, which is far easier than any of the skeptic imagine. it just takes some tough skin and persistence.
Oh, I quite agree.

But unwillingness on the part of people to get involved and go with the flow is part of the problem.

Being unwilling isn't a good enough excuse to have authority restructure a board. But I guess you already agree with that. :D

I'm betting Felix will delete this magnificent conversation we're having in this highly original and ground-breaking thread.

3-1 odds of thread closure
4-1 odds of post deletion
1-1 odds of Reed writing a post so long and considered that no one can disagree
your childish and transparent reverse psychology has no effect on me.

as long as we continue discussing the lounge, it's all good. ;)

in that case, i vote tambo posts more in the lounge, and that includes more pastey faces. =D

And if you object to murder and child molestation, just look in a different direction? What the fuck?

My post was about a foum that has run amok and isn't esepcially valuable to this site, and your answer is to "read a different forum."

ok.

Ok. This is known as an argument by anology. The threads in lounge are being anologized to murder and child molestation. This is the weakest possible argument you can make in this instance. I.E., there is no murder or child molestation going on here at Blue Light.

I will agree with you that I am offended by many statements made in the lounge. But, if you would take the time to read the rules you will learn to post at your own risk.

Or, just do like I do, express yourself.:\

It seems that some have become so used to abusing that they don't know any other way, that makes me wonder if they had some manners and respect for others, if they fear IS....
they might create the change needed in their life and oh what a difference that would make!

Thanks for your valuable input!

I do declare, verily thou haste in insulting the learned, esteemed members of an internet forum you choose to not participate in. Art thou a simpleton? Have you contributed wit or charm amongst the heathens you demean so thoroughly or do you choose to spend what little contribution you have made making withering statements?

Are you unable to understand that maybe people are not quite as highly strung as yourself, or are fairly at ease with one another and would find your warblings amusing?

I appeal to thee, kindly remove thy twig from thy hindquarters Sir. Make haste to a phone booth with 50p and call the "someone who cares" hotline, I am sure there are other withering louts around with nothing better to do that make a mockery of themselves like you do. Go find amusement with those of your own kind.

Adieu!

For those with NO MANNERS 8)

(You can have lots of manners and still be a fucking cunt you know, asshole.)

drug researcher,

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? FYI, the joint has been dead for weeks now. Do a little "research" before stirring the pot anymore.

<3
Friendly Lounge Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.