• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Redesign the Bluelight logo - part II

SA

Bluelight Crew
Picking up where part I left of... we would like to tap the artistic talent of our community.

The current logo has served us all very well, but it may be time for a change (when we eventually upgrade).

• contest is open to all members
  • no limit on number of entries, but please try to make them as different from each other as possible
  • by all means have fun, but only serious entries can be expected to make the final cut
  • there is currently no reward, only the gratitude of the community and the pride of knowing that "I made that"
  • your own original works only, please

I/We would prefer to see the logo represent the Bluelight mission - harm reduction - and, of course, clearly display the site name - Bluelight.

Memories are golden... but thinking outside the box is encouraged as well.

Shall we say September 13th for a deadline? Keep the entries coming though. I'd love to have more than one round. Have fun and thanks for playing along. More than anything, thank you for contributing to (y)our community.

:)

No takers so far, eh?

OK... quick first effort on my part.

BLlogo1.jpg

I've been tossing some ideas around for a long time.

How will this logo be used? Is it going to be another little graphic displayed in a corner of the page? Is it going to be something that will be assimilated into a future design?

That looks tight t-man!

I don't really like mine but whatever.
blblechop1.png

Are you guys looking for any specific dimensions or anything?

Last edited:
tambourine-man said:
No takers so far, eh?

OK... quick first effort on my part.

BLlogo1.jpg

That's actually really nice and way beyond anything I could do...but for some reason it reminds me of this.

hta-logo-converted.jpg

ego_loss said:
How will this logo be used? Is it going to be another little graphic displayed in a corner of the page? Is it going to be something that will be assimilated into a future design?
damien said:
I think the easiest way to answer both of those (from my understanding) is that the forum layout is - at the moment - subject to a degree of fluidity. Meaning that if you want to stick to a standard 50px banner, then so be it.... but the scope is there for us to use the logo in whatever way will work best. For example, we might want to go for a larger header. We may want to crop.

I think at the moment, we're just pitching for ideas and looking to see who can come up with something good. I would suggest that if you're doing this in photoshop or GIMP, you save your projects in a format that can hold each layer - that way, you can manipulate them if the needs change and export to bmp/png. The multi-layer GIMP format is .xcf.

And another...

bulb3.jpg

bulb4.jpg

Last edited:
Damien said:
that's probably still up for debate. but i think the dimensions of the current one would be a good guide, perhaps a bit taller. (256 x 48.)

pro_header_top_ls.gif

the current one is pretty damn sweet and it'll take something really good to beat it, in my eyes. i don't quite get the way the dark blue background next to it resizes with the window too, that's very clever.

just my 2p worth, i won't be the judge! :)

that 'help the aged' one would be a good logo for the secret admin lair.

tambourine-man's are both pretty impressive. Is this contest going to actually have a winner this time?

There were a few good banners last time. It was a shame to see that thread just die and go away for nothing.

i'm gonna copy the entries from the last thread here:

Impacto Profundo said:
Impacto Profundo said:
Impacto Profundo said:
thujone said:
etherdesign said:
Klue said:
IAMTHOUGHTS said:
xcidium said:
QuestionEverything said:
Tangerine Dream said:

this one is the official contest, so yes, it should have a winner this time. i don't know why lacey lost interest in the last one and didn't even enter one herself. ;)

bluelightda0.gif

I made this one a while ago. Wasn't there already one of these threads? It's time for another go anyway I think.