Nine Inch Nails

I do like a bit of NiN I must admit. Not heard Ghosts yet mind.

Two songs by NIN you probably haven't heard of:

Get Down Make Love (Queen Cover)
Supernaut (Black Sabbath Cover)

Also two of my favorite songs by NIN, both are part of his earlier work, when Trent was on drugs and you could really feel how sincere and tortured he was. Other songs I love by NIN:

Down In It, Head Like A Hole, Burn, Sin, Wish, Reptile, Terrible Lie, Something I Can Never Have, Hurt, The Perfect Drug, Deep, Gave Up, Happiness in Slavery, Ringifinger, Only, Hand That Feeds, Ruiner, You Know What You Are, Just Like You Imagined, Survivalism, Me, I'm Not, Meet Your Master, Capital G, and everything else, but my favorites are when he was doing drugs.

Also, for all the bluelighter NIN fans you can't miss Nine Inch Nails at Woodstock '94 on YouTube. Look it up, Trent Reznor is so fucked up and stumbling around the stage, kicking shit, and screaming his lungs out making you feel each and every song. Amazing concert. I saw them live last year, I would have traded my experience to be at that Woodstock concert any day. He can't sing those angry, tortured songs as well as he could when he was in the middle of spiraling out of control with drugs.

maybe his lack of passion performing them now is more to do the fact he has heard them all more times than he cares to and probably doesnt like performing them anymore, just does it for the fans.

wideI said:
Make sure the fuckers don't cancel the concert at the las minute like they did to me!!
:X
Mo-fuckers!

Happened to me too. They were coming here to Ottawa and canceled out playing day. It ruined my month.

I just got my tickets for the OKC concert.... really good seats too. Hopefully Trent will be a little more emotional than the last time he was in OKC. It was a good concert, apparently the best of the tour because the new Nine Inch Nails DVD has the full concert in OKC that I went to, and a few songs from a different concert on the summer tour. I love the old stuff, where Trent just screams his heart out, but after watching performances like Woodstock '94 where he was rolling around the stage kicking shit over I dont think I could ever be completely satisfied unless he came out on stage covered in mud, fucked up on all kinds of drugs, and playing anything before With Teeth came out. I mean im proud of him for being clean, and i'm glad he still performs some of the songs he wrote during his addiction because those are the ones I connect with the most. I just want to hear "Down In It" live just ONCE, but he doesn't play it anymore he said. I guess he's finally "up above it" and no longer "down in it." =p

I love NiN...
"I wanna feel ya from the inside..." Classic song!!!

ive been getting back into nin for the first time since i was 13!!! and such tender, evil angsty shit this is. just perfect for misanthropes. more contained and easier to listen to than metal but just as sick...

I sometimes thought his newer stuff was weak, burnt out and de-fanged compared to his older stuff (down spiral, the fragile). But now ive decided that at least Year Zero and The Slip are equally, or almost as good. they are well composed, pretty much the same principles as the old stuff, just more matured and less angry. some of this stuff is still great - def. worth listening. but reznor is the type of musician i would never see in concert. too expensive, no different than the studio recordings, and just some popular concert, manufactured type event. at least his albums are, though poppy, satisfying on their own, in an angsty, not-very-refined kind of way.

ive been getting back into nin for the first time since i was 13!!! and such tender, evil angsty shit this is. just perfect for misanthropes. more contained and easier to listen to than metal but just as sick...

I sometimes thought his newer stuff was weak, burnt out and de-fanged compared to his older stuff (down spiral, the fragile). But now ive decided that at least Year Zero and The Slip are equally, or almost as good. they are well composed, pretty much the same principles as the old stuff, just more matured and less angry. some of this stuff is still great - def. worth listening. but reznor is the type of musician i would never see in concert. too expensive, no different than the studio recordings, and just some popular concert, manufactured type event. at least his albums are, though poppy, satisfying on their own, in an angsty, not-very-refined kind of way.

dude, the lightshow they put on is uncomparable. the playing live is also uncomparable.

I like some of his music, but I love his new approach to the music industry. great pioneer to follow.

Reznor is the shit.

Preferably Pretty hate Machine & TDWS.

Ive always wanted to see him live.

havent heard any of the most recent shit. The ghosts or whatever it is.

He parted ways with Interscope recors also because he wanted to give away his OWN music & they objected.

That makes him pretty bad-ass in my book.....

Seeing them again in feb. Can't wait! Ghosts I-V is very different from their old stuff but def worth a listen! To me ghosts and Ketamine were seriously made for each other ;)

yeh actually, i seen their show on dvd and it is incredible thats true. i retract that statement

Seeing them again in feb. Can't wait! Ghosts I-V is very different from their old stuff but def worth a listen! To me ghosts and Ketamine were seriously made for each other ;)

might have to give this a try now that you mention it.:D

NIN is my hands-down my absolute favorite artist, period. The Fragile is an absolutely gorgeous and heartbreaking album, and remains my favorite album. And Ghosts is a fucking work of art - and while I haven't had the pleasure of trying ketamine, Ghosts + a lot of DXM is a match made in heaven.