• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread - Round Two!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your preferred method of ingestion tUT? tea?

I'm having myself a little ceremony of sorts in the woods while camping next week. I'm excited to meet this teacher.

the only time i've prepared whole cactus (a few years ago) i made a tea by a fairly standard method, adding some lemon juice or something, then straining the matter and boiling down.

however, most all of my other practices have been with dried cactus powder (grown in the andes :) ). with this i usually just add water and let it turn intoa thick jungle sludge and chug it down maybe with water or something on the side. from my experience anything to attempt to cover the taste doesn't work and the whole cermemony goes smoother if one just 'dives into the center of the taste' (as the native say), embracing the fullest of its uniqueness.

i've added this dried powder to melted carob chips (chocolate's less psychoactive cousin) and froze the combination to make cactus bars, which, even wih potent cactus (mine is very potent) cannot be reduced to a very small size. i also think its much more gross tasting to have sweetness and bitterness, the bitterness cant be covered up, so adding more just makes it too much for myself.

personally though, i'm all for consuming the anti-oxidant rich matter and fiberous cactus fibers. its a very helathy meal dietarily. i don't ever get sick when i eat thewhole cactus matter, sometimes vague stomach tension. though, i follow a strict vegan diet regularly. and as i've rambled about copiously already i only ever eat the cactus to learn, so when the time is right for a lesson the cacuts welcomes me.

best of luck on your practices :)

Hey thanks!

For this first time I'm gonna try the tea and see how that works out

So from reading this I guess ayahuasca would be out of the question. Or would a small dose of maoi work or would that not allow the dmt to get off the ground?

Yes that would work for San Pedro or Peruvian Torch - I presume you have fresh cactus?

I wonder if you could use a similar technique on dried chips...

Okonomi said:
Yes that would work for San Pedro or Peruvian Torch - I presume you have fresh cactus?

I wonder if you could use a similar technique on dried chips...

they would be 12" cuttings (so I assume that are pretty fresh)

sorry to (sorta) change the subject, i had a question in regard to brewing. does the egg white purification technique used for ayahuasca work with cactus tea? as in would the egg white suck out some of the bitter cactus flavor without stealing my mescaline? if so, would it suck out enough of said flavor to be worth the time? thanks in advance... have an excellent evening.

Going to try Mescaline for the first time tonight (San Pedro cactus). Looking forward to it, just got a phonecall if I wanted to join in on a trip in a few hours time =D

Only used Salvia 5x and LSA so it's going to be a wild ride I hope. We took all precautions ofcourse: sober trip-sitter, good music, great set/setting, benzo's + weed to chill out & relax etc. Gonna read some info/FAQs now so if anyone can give me some good links (already have the erowid cactus vault open ATM) it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Unexpected drugs = fun =D

very low dose mescaline - worth doing?

i have come into the possession of approximately 800mg of mescaline. i'm going on a hiking/camping/outdoorsy trip this weekend which seems to me to be an ideal opportunity to consume the goodies. i was willing to split this dose 4 ways amongst my companions but they are wary, for various reasons, of taking the drug in an unfamiliar environment and are thus not going to partake.

to each his own, and i am not one to force psychedelics upon a person. however, i have been wanting to eat my goodies for some time now, and was considering taking a small dose (1/6 since it is divided into six capsules = approximately 133mg) which brings me to my question:

would this dose have a noticeable effect? would i feel weird tripping with 3 sober (yet cool with drugs) companions? would it be better to wait until a later date and take a FULL dose, ie. 400mg, at a later date with my girlfriend? and so on. please advise. thank you.

I'd wait on it- though I feel mescaline at around 200mg give or take (cactii extraction), though it is incredibly subtle. That said, even 400mg is relatively 'subtle' besides ones stomach screeching fury for an hour or two. Were I you, and I wanted to trip, I would save it for a time when I know I'd be comfortable enough to enjoy a strong dose...either way, I doubt you'll run into any trouble on a low dose as 133mg, so if you feel like its a good idea, go for it. Mescaline likes the outside world :) Just always take into consideration whether you may increase social weirdness or not....

I have found value in low dose mescaline as a great mood enhancer. It lasts basically all day, and I feel as though my thoughts are sharpened similar to dextroamphetamine. It's great! I like to take some and then just go about my regular day.

How familar are your friends with other psychedelics? 200mg of mescaline is a very low dose so you'd be unlikely to notice anything but threshold psychedelic effects. You should notice some sort of gentle stimulant effect tho.

Merged in a thread about low-dosage mescaline

I agree that 200mg is very low-dose... you'll notice effects but you won't be fully tripping, for sure. If they don't want to do it, I would suggest either taking ~200mg if you want a light dose and you don't mind being the only one on anything (remember, it will be subtle). Or, wait for a better time and take 300-400mg, maybe with another friend.

That's my recommendation anyway.

At least 20 grams... 20 grams will probably be a nice, light trip. It depends on the strength of the cactus the chips are from. Most likely it will be fun but not overwhelming.

im looking to get a full trip from mescaline.
similar to 22mg of 2ci, 18mg 2ce or 30-35mg 2cb.

what would be a good dose of cactus extract to achieve this?
400mg?

Delsyd said:
im looking to get a full trip from mescaline.
similar to 22mg of 2ci, 18mg 2ce or 30-35mg 2cb.

what would be a good dose of cactus extract to achieve this?
400mg?

extremely variable, but ide recomend anywhere from 25-50 grams dried, you can judge from there. if your more worried about dosing under than dosing too much stay towards the 40 gramish mark if your worried about venturing to far stay towards the 30 gramish mark

How long are dried cactus chips good for?

I have some good-quality dried Peruvian Torch cactus chips from South America. They have been stored for three years in a plastic bag in the dark, in a dry environment that ranges from 60 - 95 degrees F.

Does anyone know if they are still potent? If so, how long will they retain their potency? Could the alkaloids change over time in such a way that the experience would be negatively impacted?

Thanks for any advice! =D

Status
Not open for further replies.