PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread - The Fourth Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.
??

swilow said:
^I find that actively seeking for the concept of fear on DMT seems to render the concept obselete. I remember several times feeling distinct 'panic' but upon trying to track it as such, it subsided into a mere word, with no context really. In that sense it (DMT) has really helped me with general issues in 'real ife' as I had/have been plagued by anxiety and panic to varying degrees.

But I totally agree on mindset here. And, one thing that "studying" buddhhist texts helped me with is the idea that 'mind' is always in flux anyway, so when one does try to hang onto something like self, and the sensations that go with it, it is actually 'unnatural' as your clinging to something that doesn't exist in the permanent way we humans like....thus the bad feelings/tripping imo. DMT says 'go with the flow'.

Swilow - was this post meant for a different thread? This thread was not about fear / anxiety from DMT, but rather a deterioration in effect / intensity.

I have had several trips in a row where I thought I would not be able to break through anymore... scary, I know. I would honestly wait about a week and then try again, up the dosage too. It may be that you need to smoke more now to break through if you have been smoking it frequently. My problem seems to have resolved itself for the time being, but Im not smoking DMT more than probably 2-3 times a month.

Yeah, just space it out more.

I don't know how some of you guys smoke it like cigarettes anyway. As with any psychedelic drug, IME, there is not only the physical tolerance that builds with frequent use, but also a psychological acclimatization of sorts to the effects.

Ask any of the people that have gone through phases of dosing something more than once a week or so. I think this happening is a pretty common thing. It just becomes less profound as it becomes a more everyday run of the mill experience. It seems to go back to the way it was for the most part if you take a break.

2 weeks off is not a break.

yeah psychedelic trips are special they should be spaced apart. That said, I used a lot of DMT in a short amount of time and the breakthrough trips never seemed ordinary in any way even when they were back to back!!! =D

but I recommend spacing it out...there's a lot of 'work' to do after the trip peak effects subside anyways....

I experienced "DMT poop out" kinda like a permanent tolerance.. although I haven't tried it in about a year I still doubt it will work as good as before I "abused it" :(

The Shroomery is probably a better place to drum up support for any apocalypse predictions.

See here if you're interested in a mini-debate we had a while back.

Psychedelic "revelations" still have to be tempered with rationality.

Dorkeone said:
fun article. these conclusions are the ones at the top of my interest:)

Nice, let me know what you think after you finish reading some of it.

:)

idtravlr said:
Swilow - was this post meant for a different thread? This thread was not about fear / anxiety from DMT, but rather a deterioration in effect / intensity.

No, this is the Big and Dandy DMT thread :\ but I was responding to the post above the one above mine....I think I merged in another (on deterioration) thread which can rearrange the orders a bit. Eeek. My bad....

Dondante said:
The Shroomery is probably a better place to drum up support for any apocalypse predictions.

See here if you're interested in a mini-debate we had a while back.

Psychedelic "revelations" still have to be tempered with rationality.

Agreed there. I mean, I fail to understand this eschaton-nonsense at all; why would an increase ingeo-magnetic waves increase production of endogenous DMT; firstyly, you have to prove definitevely that DMT IS endogenous- speculation is raised in the extraction procedures from human by-products possibly creating DMT.

Plus we have a MAO system to reduce levels of monamines like tryptamines. How and what will inhibit that, the reversal of the magnetic poles?

Anywat, after the eschaton when we still presumably have our physical forms (we must have physicality for DMT to effects us- take away the resceptor subtype and there is no DMT experience), yet have transcended- what are we going to eat? Whose gonna turn off the taps? How could humanity possibly survive such an affair?

I am gonna make a statement- this 2012 STUFF IS A LOAD OF UTTER JUNK. Its a pathetic excuse for people to pretend that the future wil be better then this; BUT if you examine it, it simpy doesn't make sense. Why would the world end then?

I'm not having a go at you Eschaton, but I have grown to loathe this doomsday psychedelic culture. To be honest, I'd rather extremism and fundamentalism stayed away from drug use, but as we have seen from the 60's on, it doesn't. I am certain, through my own intuition and my own teachings under the influence of DMT and DPT that this apocalypse is not going to happen. I am also very intent on destroying this idea- its weak and pathetic, its gives us reason to forget the present, and it causes fear, not love or peace.

The world of humans beings cannot and willnot change so dramatically in one day of one year- how do I know? I have ahad a vision of the entire universe and couldn't even find Earth. Nothing important will ever happen to us, even if we want it to. The likelihood of our existence changing, for the better or worse, for a REASON, is so slim when one considers the vastness of the universe. Humans are naught but thinking animals; why would we be the ones to have our conciousness elevated? What about ponies and zebras?

Its the ends of our lives, our grand deaths, that is the only definte fate for humans at this stage.

The idea of worlds end- I spurn it now. If it IS the case, that DMT production will ramp up- then ffs why are we smoking it? What if our phyical tolerances leaves us stranded back on earth? What would we see- magical glowing beings flying around in joy, or zombies, starving and decaying and smiling from ear-to-ear?

Fear not I say, neither aniticpate the end nor welcome it nor shun it- remember as humans, we do share something real and meaningful, not just a psychedelic dream of Nowehere. Which the eschaton is....

: I have been nursing a theory along
these lines for some time. Briefly, that
the N-methylating enzyme responsible
for DMT production turns on in
everyone across the planet at the
same time, thus ushering in the
escahton, messianic age,
non-corporeal consciousness, or what
have you.
This could take place any
number of ways; one way is a common
cold virus gets a bit of DNA implanted
into it that is inserted into all of us,
which is programmed to turn on at
some specific time, unleashing the
N-methylating enzyme effects. This
time would be an astrologically
determined event
, such as solar flare,
particular constellation alignment, etc.
Of course, along the lines of your
interest in John Mack's work, that
stimulus for enzyme activation could
come from "them."

I am sorry, but what? This is Rick Strassman talking yeah? That is insanity- it makes no sense. How can DNA implanted in a cold infect everyone on the planet and somehow switch on a enzyme system? That would be like saying we shoud use common colds as a culture for dinosaur DNA and by implanting that in us, we shoud hopefully grow dinosaurs. DNA doesn't infect you like that- have you ever eaten a meal where your not consuming mass amounts of DNA?

I bolded the parts I think are ridiculous; an astrological event (as happens every nanonesecond) is going to signal to our exogenous DNA-implants to switch of MAO and release DMT?

This 2012 thing is worse then I though. I will laugh so heartily on that day, when absolute;y nothing changes.

Learn how to spell?

Read more?

Have you ever had a mystical experience on DMT?

How far have you gone?

You just seem bitter, IMO.

:eek:

Eschaton said:
Learn how to spell?

Read more?

Have you ever had a mystical experience on DMT?

How far have you gone?

You just seem bitter, IMO.

Thanks.

^^ both of you are being a bit harsh... now now.... dont make me come in there!! lol.

I have considered 2012 prophecies before... believed it to be a time marking a change in consciousness... human evolution... dawning of a new age. No one really knows.

I believe our earth is at a tipping point, humans are self destructive EGOIC creatures and we must start living in HARMONY with everyone and everything before we have taken more from the earth than we can ever replace.

WALK MORE, THINK MORE, GO OUTSIDE MORE, DONT FEAR SO MUCH, SMILE, REDUCE CONSUMERISM etc.

There is no yesterday or tomorrow, there is only RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW and all we can do is to be aware of what a gift the present moment is, nothing that has happened or will happen matters.

That is what I think.

<3 <3Sweet dreams BL <3 <3

** we should respect the knowledge and experience of our senior moderators too btw, 4 posts and picking fights in the DMT thread (what a horrible place to pick a fight)??? Makes me sad. Add RESPECT to the above list too.

I always thought the 4th dimension was time. ;)

Experienced in the direction of increasing entropy and all that jazz.

Eschaton said:
My sense of humor falls on deaf ears.

My apologies.

Well, it did I must admit- though my initaial reply wasn't exactly kind. For that I apologise, i hate to make a sorry excuse- but I'm in withdrawl as per usual, but badly so today. I guess I snapped. :eek: I truly am sorry Eschaton.... I am not in the best headspace so I really shoud have shown more tact in replying. Peace.

I do want to talk about this 2012 thing though; I am afraid its real, so I deny it. Convince me! :) I scanned your website, and its quite substantial, but I really question the point of it.

^Solar flares apparently. :\

Though if we could look at the so called 'red-jungle DMT' (yuremamine) and figure out how it appears to transport DMT across the BBB, then we're still no closer to anything at all. My concern is this- what about all the peple on meds contrainidicated by MAOi- if the eschaton is to bring about such a influx of DMT and presumably MAO inhibition, I'm worried for all those folks on medications etc.... Maybe we shouldn't be eating cheese anymore???

Karma thanks for your sweet reply- the boys may have gotten a bit boyish. :D

Ahh, I am a fuckbrain :D chirp

Status
Not open for further replies.