View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy AMT Thread - 2nd incarnation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not. It's less of an intense rushy euphoria and more like if that intensity had a rolling pin taken to it and flattened it out over time. So a slower onset, much longer duration, moderate to strong euphoria depending on where you are in the duration, and no crash or nasty after effects. The closest I've gotten to making aMT like a super long and fairly intense roll was by combining it with repeated doses of MDAI and Adderall. That was great. It was most everything that MDMA is but much longer and with, again, no crash. Got brain zaps from the massive prolonged serotonin dump, though. Cured it with a 300 mg dose of DXM (I've used this "cure" successfully twice now; one dose is all it takes to get rid of them and not return). Combining it with opiates increases the euphoria substantially, and in my experience at least, increases the empathy component. That combo is not like MDMA of course due to the much more floaty relaxed opiated feeling but it nevertheless has many of its features. Adding Adderall and a few drinks or GHB to the opiate combo is pure hedonism -- one big dumb body orgasm for a few hours.

15-20 is no way MDMA. 30-40 could be I suppose though I've never done that myself. Probably more like MDA due to visuals. Aaaaaaaaaand I'd still suggest you start low (20-25).

Thanks for the info guys

I think we will stick to 20mg and see how it goes. Basically we just want to get nice, chatty, euphoric and loved up :)

Last edited:
20mg at first. Wait three or four hours - if it doesn't feel enough, dose another 20mg.

I started at 25mg and I never quite got there. Couldn't re-dose as I'd shared my 50mg with a friend. Daaaaaaaaym.

I wouldn't dose another 20mg after a few hours - that is doubling your dose I'd add another 5-10mg max.

Don't agree. Adding 20mg once you're already in the trip wouldn't feel like an extra 20mg. Someone who knows alot about aMT would be able to explain better.

I've only ever re-dosed when using aMT intramuscularly, and the increase was pretty linear. However, that was always within an hour of the first injection. Orally you have to wait 3 hours before you're plateaued, and I could see how tolerance effects may make doubling the dose not double the intensity. That said, every time I've taken extra of something like LSD or 4-AcO-DMT to compensate for suspected tolerance developed from using the day before I've ended up with a more intense experience than expected.

It doesn't double the intensity, but there is a big jump from 25 to 35mg. 20 to 40mg is going to be a massive increase in effects.

Going by your bad experience with the 6 apb pellets (your six day comedown and added stimulation) I'd give this one a miss if I was you. Certainly not at the 50mg you are talking about. Some people have bad reactions and you seem prone to it.

In answer to your question, at 50mg NO - you would not be able to function properly! Set and setting. If you have anything urgent in the 24hrs after taking don't do it.

Last thing we all need is you spamming this thread and internet with your bad experiences because you did not treat this with the respect it deserves.

Take the advice and start low.

well a member here who i listen too says he was fine at that dose as in functioning normally, but thanks for your concern, this is not like shit benzo fury, as we know what is actually in it..i got 3 benzos to help with any stimulation i may encounter on the comedown:p

( ps ..love ya nick )

Mullered said:
The more I read up on the substance the less Im planning to take on my first dose. Initially I was considering 30- 40mg but Im not looking for a full on Psychedelic expereience, Now Im thinking of taking 20mg (my missus will be dropping too).

Good idea. There's no rush anyway, take your time :)

Thanks for all the great advice! :)

As its my first time Im going to keep it at 25mg (or less) and not redose and see how it goes.

Me and the other half both have a 50mg sample each so by keeping it at 25mg we get to have 2 sessions for free each, and get a chance to see what its like before going for higher doses.

One thing Im interested in as well as the high is the comedown. A managable comedown is a strong selling point for me. I have read varying reports; wikipedia says that the hangover is generrally milder than MDMA wheras I have read reports from people saying its the worst comedown ever and then again reports where people are saying there is no crash at all. I guess the dosage has a lot to do with it as with any drug.

Thanks for all the great advice! :)

As its my first time Im going to keep it at 25mg (or less) and not redose and see how it goes.

Me and the other half both have a 50mg sample each so by keeping it at 25mg we get to have 2 sessions for free each, and get a chance to see what its like before going for higher doses.

One thing Im interested in as well as the high is the comedown. A managable comedown is a strong selling point for me. I have read varying reports; wikipedia says that the hangover is generrally milder than MDMA wheras I have read reports from people saying its the worst comedown ever and then again reports where people are saying there is no crash at all. I guess the dosage has a lot to do with it as with any drug.

hey mate :)can ya get some sleepers?, take the edge of the comedown nicely Mullered..also check this

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=503180

its available and sounds mint

Most reports of undesirable after effects are from using multiple doses over a few days. The comedown is so slow it's unlikely you'll have a crash - at worst it'll be more like a flat landing on a runway without landing gear where everyone survives. Some do report headaches at the end. Preemtive dosing with aspirin and ibuprofen around 5 - 7 hours in, eating sugar and staying hydrated (like with any stimulant) should mostly prevent this. A couple of alcoholic drinks with some diphenhydramine after the trip is over usually gets rid of residual stimulation enough by around 12 hours to get me to sleep. Cannabis smooths out the rough edges of the onset in a big way.

Most reports of undesirable after effects are from using multiple doses over a few days. The comedown is so slow it's unlikely you'll have a crash - at worst it'll be more like a flat landing on a runway without landing gear where everyone survives.

mate how heavy is aMT compared to magic mushrooms dose wise, i.e 50 mg of amt would equal how many mushies eaten raw?

i have only 50 mg and it will be a while before i can take time off work again so i really dont want to underdose

i will have weed for the up , sleepers for the down and my wife is going to buy me loads of pure fruit smoothies as that shit makes ya feel amazing while ya high and it just like eating a meal without the heaviness, highley recomend to everyone

Last edited:
It's hard to say because people react so differently to different doses of aMT and the varying concentrations of psychoactives in mushrooms, but my standard moderately strong dose of aMT freebase is 60 mg, and in terms of psychedelia I suppose that's around the rough equivalent of 2.5 grams of mushrooms i.e. quite noticeable OEVs and CEVs with trippy thoughts. However, the intensity of aMT is not nearly as attributable to psychedelia alone as it is with something like psilocin. The monoamine release is a big part of it. You get the swimmy, sort of stumbling fucked-upness from the serotonin and of course stimulation from the dopamine and norepinephrine, so saying 60 mg is about the same psychedelic intensity as 2.5 g of average to decent mushrooms doesn't account for the more MDMA-like intensity compounding it. Sorry I don't have a simpler answer, but it's a complex interaction that's going to be weighed differently by different people.

The most intense experience I've had from it was a sense of floating in my body walking down a hallway on my way to get on a bus to go to an IMAX film. I told my friend we better skip it since I wasn't sure I wouldn't get dizzy and fall down getting off the bus or something. It wasn't scary at all the way the rapid associations you might get from mushrooms can be, it was just a sense of being too fucked up to think public transit and street walking was a good idea. In fact, the positive push of the monoamine release, if anything, has made the psychedelia much less prone to cause any anxiety in my experience, at least after the onset.

It's hard to say because people react so differently to different doses of aMT and the varying concentrations of psychoactives in mushrooms, but my standard moderately strong dose of aMT freebase is 60 mg, and in terms of psychedelia I suppose that's around the rough equivalent of 2.5 grams of mushrooms i.e. quite noticeable OEVs and CEVs with trippy thoughts. However, the intensity of aMT is not nearly as attributable to psychedelia alone as it is with something like psilocin. The monoamine release is a big part of it. You get the swimmy, sort of stumbling fucked-upness from the serotonin and of course stimulation from the dopamine and norepinephrine, so saying 60 mg is about the same psychedelic intensity as 2.5 g of average to decent mushrooms doesn't account for the more MDMA-like intensity compounding it. Sorry I don't have a simpler answer, but it's a complex interaction that's going to be weighed differently by different people.

The most intense experience I've had from it was a sense of floating in my body walking down a hallway on my way to get on a bus to go to an IMAX film. I told my friend we better skip it since I wasn't sure I wouldn't get dizzy and fall down getting off the bus or something. It wasn't scary at all the way the rapid associations you might get from mushrooms can be, it was just a sense of being too fucked up to think public transit and street walking was a good idea. In fact, the positive push of the monoamine release, if anything, has made the psychedelia much less prone to cause any anxiety in my experience, at least after the onset.

thanks mate that was beautifully explained and i have made my mind up, im taking the whole 50mg, i have taken mushrooms countless times and there were times i was freaked out but never had a bad trip only bad moments, this sounds tamer and the mdma rushes wd be most welcome, got monday and tuesday booked off work and will prepare myself nicelt in the days leading up, plenty of sleep and greens lol

thanks mate that was beautifully explained and i have made my mind up, im taking the whole 50mg, i have taken mushrooms countless times and there were times i was freaked out but never had a bad trip only bad moments, this sounds tamer and the mdma rushes wd be most welcome, got monday and tuesday booked off work and will prepare myself nicelt in the days leading up, plenty of sleep and greens lol

its more the bodyload that becomes an issue with high doses...

Status
Not open for further replies.