• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

The best injection sites.

thugpassion

Bluelighter
This is kinnda in regards to comments made in a thread(shooting Heroin, frusterated) some people said that " oxygenated blood from the lungs with H smoke can hit the brain faster?", than I V. But, Iv yet to feel that rush and Iv been doing it for a long time. So the question is do you guys think that there are injection sites in your body that go straight to the brain, and dont need to be pumped through your hart and around your body before reaching the brain. Or are all sites the same? for example it seems like shooting in your neck would go directly to your brain, and bypass the rest of your body? But to me it feels like just as long as I dont miss, and get all my shot in my veins it feels the same nomater what. Be it shooting in my hands, arms, legs the rush is always the same nomatter whare I pick to shoot. So do think it matters whare you shoot in regards to rush? I guess you would call this" The Blood Brain Barrier".

By definition, all veins(except pulmonary veins) carry deoxygenated blood to the heart.

You seem to be thinking about arteries.

I've never noticed a difference in the rush, except maybe a couple seconds when shootin in my legs. Some say that shooting in your jugular delivers a faster rush, personally I don't believe it or think it's worth the risk.

Phrozen is right on with everything he said. All veins carry blood back to the heart to be re-oxygenated, while arteries carry the oxygenated blood from the heart throughout the body.

The closer the vein is to your heart, the quicker the rush will hit, but even if you shoot in your feet (the farthest injection sites away from your heart) it will still only take 5 seconds or so longer to feel the rush.

If you're not getting a rush from IV heroin, you're either not shooting enough (either it's crappy or you're just shooting too small amounts), or what you're shooting isn't really heroin.

~CTdopeLove

^Oh yeah, Im feelin the rush. I was just wondering if people thought that inject sites make a difference? Personely I dont think that your site of injection makes a difference in regards to how fast the rush hits you. Arm or foot the rush seems to be the same for me.

For harm reduction reasons you shouldn't shoot in some of the places you mentioned. Certain veins in your body, such as the veins in your hand are likely to "roll" or move, and it is much easier to miss a shot when IVing into the veins in your hand.

sonic said:
For harm reduction reasons you shouldn't shoot in some of the places you mentioned. Certain veins in your body, such as the veins in your hand are likely to "roll" or move, and it is much easier to miss a shot when IVing into the veins in your hand.
Sonic, my veins roll extremely bad. I've never tried to IV any drug because I don't know how I could hit my vein. How can you stop a vein from rolling? Or what would be the best spot to try in hopes of avoiding rolling veins?

sonic said:
I think that 80% of the times that I shoot H, I shoot in my hands because those are the veins that have become the most assesable. Iv done this w/ out pretty much any damange/noticable marks because I dont fuck up when im shooting. If you do fuck up a shot in your hand, it will be super swollen and messed up/noticable. "whys your hand so swollen?.......ah, I dont know?"

How do you know they roll if you never hit them?

Go for your inner elbow, those don't roll. Also, using a tourniquet and fresh rigs for each attempt will help you hit veins that roll.

phrozen said:
How do you know they roll if you never hit them?

Go for your inner elbow, those don't roll. Also, using a tourniquet and fresh rigs for each attempt will help you hit veins that roll.
Because every time that I have ever had to get an IV while being in the hospital, every nurse had trouble hitting the vein and I actually got staff infection because one nurse literally dug the needle for a few minutes into my arm. Every nurse always says that my veins roll extremely bad.

phrozen said:

Yeah, that's all true....but when the "blue highway" in your inner elbows dissapear sometimes you have to take extreme measures, I've shot in my hands before, and yeah it became swollen like a golf ball, what I did then was shave my legs and started shooting there....always using a medical (spaghetti) torniquete and fresh rigs, .28/.29 seem to work best for the legs whilst smaller gauges .30/.31 work better for the inner elbow....in your hand no matter the gauge you use you're always bound to fuck it up....if you do so, use some moisturizing cream with E vitamin and it should heal in a few days, though I don't reccomend shooting in the wrist/hands, sometimes it's the easiest and more accessible way of doing a fast shot withouth nissing as oppossed to shaving your legs and tying a torniquet in your knee.

I would say my "money spot" was always around the bend of my elbow, inside and outside. to get best results use a tourniquet, a medical plastic one or a belt, around your bicep.

wiggi said:
Sonic, my veins roll extremely bad. I've never tried to IV any drug because I don't know how I could hit my vein. How can you stop a vein from rolling? Or what would be the best spot to try in hopes of avoiding rolling veins?

If you want to get them to stop rolling, you have to learn to put a tourniquet on correctly. Most people do it like they see on tv and tie off up at the bicep, then stick a vein in the hand, wrist or lower arm. This is more important for people who have moving veins, mine are horrible and small. Depending on what vein you're going after, you sometimes need to be as close as ~2" away from where you're sticking it. Most people find it easier if it is at least 4-6" though, but you won't get as good of a hold as you would if it was closer.

Also, use either a real tourniquet or something elastic as close to real as you can get. They hold the veins better. Once you have it on, push on it and feel it and see how and where it moves if at all once tied off. If people who have problems hitting would spend more time with a tourni on just learning their veins by touch, they'd get much better!

Quite simply the medial cubital vein in the crook of your elbow is the best for IV injection.

Where you shoot will affect when the rush will hit you, but won't affect the quality of the rush itself because its still the same amount hitting you over the same amount of time. Because of this, I personally have no preference where I shoot (right or left arms) but if I inject in my right arm, I can shoot up and pump the rigs a few times to clean it before I'm hit, while with the left i get hit before i can finish cleaning out the rig of blood and whatnot.

Smoking does hit you faster then IV, since injected substances must still pass through the lungs. But the rush is slower as smoke is not absorbed all at once.

In my opinion heroin doesn't really have a rush but that's because I learned how to inject with coke, I've shot alot of coke, and I didn't try heroin until after I stopped doing coke. But to someone who hasn't done IV coke many times, I'm very certain the rush of IV heroin would be extreme. It's all relative.

Chubba75 said:
Quite simply the medial cubital vein in the crook of your elbow is the best for IV injection.

Exactly...too bad I fuck3ed itt up in both of my arms and cannot see tt anymore, and when I register there's no blood...but I was IVing in my cubital for months....now I'm using creams with E vitamin to try to over the mess....I took acid rhe other day and decided to notIV or IM anymopre....I threw away a box ox of 20 1ml .29 Terumos I had, and now I plug instead....anyway I have a medical torniquet in my tower holder since I found that IVing after taking a hot shower was way easier since you could see and feel the veins way better, so I'd ad suggest IVing after taking a hot shower...the feeling ws amazing, I gotta throw away m y lovely tornieut now, we had loads of fun together but my IV days are gone.....

One point I meant to mention yesterday and forgot...

I completely leave both my jugular and femoral veins alone, never ever use them. I do this for 2 reasons. One is the risks you have injecting there - most of those don't apply for me and could be eliminated. The second and the most important one, (imo) is that you have to leave access to a good decent vein for docs or medics in case you are ever in a serious accident or seriously ill. There are lots of causes that could lead you to the point where you need good access quickly and to a good, big vein.

I think it's important to leave more than one option open because sometimes even 2 lines are necessary (serious blood loss, etc.). Two of the first places they're going to look in a serious situation are the femoral and jugs. If you have nothing there, you would need a central line, which takes a significantly longer to put in, possibly risking your life.

As it is, if you're using your antecubitals, you are already making it harder on medical staff to get blood/start an iv or whatever. If you're using those as well as hands and feet and other places, you're really limiting the possible access that may by necessary someday.

Just something to think about if you shoot regularly. Whatever you do, just make sure some veins are completely left alone!

I've mentioned it before but I've found the veins on the top of my forearm to be easy to hit and register. That part of the arm isn't as sensitive as the bottom portion of the forearm, and thus doens't bruise nearly as badly in the event of a missed shot or needle through the vein.

I for one have never been able to easily hit the vein in the bend of my elbow. I can't see it and it evades me every time...

Also, I never understood how/why some people shoot between their toes? I mean, as far as my toes go, I can't see any veins there, and if there were any I imagine they'd be very small. So is this just something hollywood made up, or is it actually possible to register and successfuly shoot between the toes?

Last edited:
Yeah, shooting between your toes is like something that housewives made up to hide their track marks from their husbands. But I am sumtimes forced to shoot on the tops/ankles of my feet, and some times its hard to register if you cant see your vein(s) well. So it seems like it would be hard to shoot blindly between your toes w/ out being able to see a vein. I think the whole idea is that nobody would ever see your track marks? But if you were constintly shooting into the webbing of your toes and never hitting a vein, your feet might looked pretty fucked up.

thugpassion said:
Yeah, shooting between your toes is like something that housewives made up to hide their track marks from their husbands. But I am sumtimes forced to shoot on the tops/ankles of my feet, and some times its hard to register if you cant see your vein(s) well. So it seems like it would be hard to shoot blindly between your toes w/ out being able to see a vein. I think the whole idea is that nobody would ever see your track marks? But if you were constintly shooting into the webbing of your toes and never hitting a vein, your feet might looked pretty fucked up.

Yeah, I've heard that shooting between the toes is a common practice used by soldiers to avoid evident tracks. If they missed though I bet they'd be fucked.
I missed a (small) shot on the side of my big toe once and the shit made it's way to the 'ball' on the bottom of my foot...forced me to gimp around for an hour or so.