• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Klonopin tolerance

SomeRandomGuy

Bluelighter
I have been taking 1 milligram of klonopin 2x a day for about 8 months, now it seems I can take 2mg or 20mg and there isnt much difference, very strange benzo, not like xanax. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just crazy?

Ive been taking Klonopin for about 4 years now and Ive noticed the same thing.

I think its because klonopin is kind of like ' The methadone of Benzo's'.

Once you start taking doses regularly you get a permanent 'steady-state' blood levels of clonazepam. So that may be why..............

I'd have to agree. I'm on a low dose theraputic dose (.5 mg 2x a day) occassionally taking more in the past for recreation, but over the past 5 years, I've noticed adding more makes no dif recreationally or theraputically. I have to add xan or diaz for anything fun. Shrug. At least I haven't had any serious manic episodes for a long time :)

Well at least I know its not just me, and on a quick note, although Im sure most experienced users of any benzo know this, dont mix large amounts of alcohol with klonopin. I did that recently, 20mg and close to a liter of crown royal. Well I woke up in jail the next morning and had to call my people and be like "Huh? what happened?". Id gotten arrested for drunk and dislorderly and have ZERO memory of anything that happened.

Last edited:
ive noticed that with klonopin, 8 mg won't get me much higher than 2 mg and it's really a waste to take it. xanax on the other hand, the more i take the more messed up i get.

Clonapin isn't really the 'methadone', that would, I think, be diazepam. All those active metabolites make for an ultra long 1/2 life. I take 1mg 3 times daily and yes, even if I took a heroic dose, it would do nothing. I suspect that is why so many places in the US have switched to it.

I take 2mgs of Klonopin Twice daily, Plus 2mg's of xanax @ night.

Well, thats what im prescribed, i usually take 2mg's of klonopin in 2 doses through out the day, and at night i pop 1 mg of xanax.

i used to take 4 1mg's a day..... i noticed the sem thing... then it started to not work at all...now im on diazepam and alprazolam

I take 2mg's of clonazepam 3 times a day and i also find that trying to get any high off the stuff is absolutely useless. I totally gave up on trying to get a buzz from it because it's just a waste of pill's.

I took about 16mg's of it a few months ago just to see if i could catch a buzz and it basically felt no different then my regular dose. The only difference was it screwed up my memory abit.

All the same clonazepam is the best benzo ive ever had for anxiety, panic attacks and it also helps my bipolar quite good as well. It pretty much gave me my life back because before i went on it i was a total wreck. I had really bad anxiety, constant panic attacks and not to mention the horrible mood swings.

It's a good benzo for actual medical uses, but I've noticed this same problem. It also didn't seem to work as well when I tried using it when I was coming down from coke...Combining it with alcohol can still be fun though--just bad for memory.

yea. i got sick of klonopin, it actually stopped helping my anxiety/panic attacks and in some cases made me MORE anxious. i've taken anywhere from .25mg a day to 10mg a day. (prescribed). i must say tho that the brand name pills are better than the generics (maybe its mental) but i've read that others feel the same way so maybe try the brand name if your have tolerance? probably won't do much tho... i switched to librium and it helps my insomnia better than klonopin but does nothing really for anxiety

Watson brand of generic Klonopin (clonazepam) is the fuckin best brand Or Purepac, besides name brand Roches of course................

I got my script filled on tuesday, 60 x 1mg pills,its saturday now, I think I have about 20 left. I tried to get some kind of euphoria, high whatever from klonopin but after you've been on them for more than a few weeks it seems impossible. Maybe I should just ask the doc for some Rohypnol :)

SomeRandomGuy said:
I have been taking 1 milligram of klonopin 2x a day for about 8 months, now it seems I can take 2mg or 20mg and there isnt much difference, very strange benzo, not like xanax. Has anyone else noticed this or am I just crazy?

I've been taking the same dose as you for 3 years. 1mg Klonopin 2x daily.. I do notice a difference between 2mg and 5mg, for example. I've also been on Xanax. The most I've had in one night was 14mg. I notice some differences between both, but nothing that truly stands out. If you're only taking two a day, I don't know how you can not feel a difference when taking many more. You have probably taken a lot of high doses and simply have a high tolerance. If not, I would have to know what other medications your on, your body chemistry, history of drug use, ect. to come up with the right answer.

I'm on the 1mg 2x a day regiment as well, and again, i feel no difference between 8 mg and my daily dose. even if i skip my doses for a couple of days until slight w/d (agitation, return of normal anxiety) i can get a somewhat nice euphoria, but using anything over 4 mg is a waste. You would have to completely get it outta your system i guess to get those beautiful first effects again

Thats just how it goes, tolerance-wise. I take 10mg valium 2x a day (sometimes I take less though).
One pill in the morning chills me out and gives me a lot of muscle relaxation.
12 pills (120mg - the most I've tried) doesn't even get me fucked up like I thought it would/should. Maybe if I drink a lot of beer with it, but I try not to mix them.
I won't bother trying to abuse it anymore; its too damn good for what its prescribed worth and not worth getting high off of.
And considering klonopin and valium are both long-acting benzos, the situation is quite similar.

Clonazepam seems to really lose it's fun hypnotic effect after the first day or two.

Being on a chronic daily kpins script is fuckin' rad bro! You get to not feel anything at all from it and have KICKIN' RAD memory loss and cognitive dysfunction! 8)

zonar said:
Being on a chronic daily kpins script is fuckin' rad bro! You get to not feel anything at all from it and have KICKIN' RAD memory loss and cognitive dysfunction! 8)

um haha not at all, at least for me, that was like day one through 3 and im on month 6 and i dont feel any of its recreational effects at all, save the anti anxiety