• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl Withdrawal

ktx49

Bluelighter
well i was smoking approx 10milligrams not micrograms, of fent-gel per day for like a week straight, and am an opiate addict who usually used methadone, and when i quit the fentanyl cold turkey, i was very rough(the worst opiate WDs ive had in a while), but it only lasted like 48 hours tops...usually withdrawals take that long to set in for me from oxy. these started with 14 hours of stopping fent use and lasted maybe 48 hours.

there is a bit of PAWS, but nothing too bad, ive experienced much much worse.

is this cause of fentanyls short half life?

In a nutshell, yes. Are you surre you were actually ingesting 10 milligrams daily? that is a fantastic amount for that susbtance.

^Well, he's smoking it and probably losing quite a bit just through ROA. If he's using a whole 100 microgram patch every day, he'd be right at 10mg's per day.

I have chewed both 100 mics and 75 mics patches in a day, I mean both in separate days. I absobted it from mouth mucouses, and didn't die. Somehow it is possible, but how?

People Don't hell try that!!!

admittedly i lose some product, but i find this to be the most efficient way other than somehow IVing the gel.

with a 220mg+ oxy haabit to get high, i can get lit off fent from less than 6 hits of BB sized globs...i mean lit, nodding and all for atleast 3 hours.

Withdrawal from a short-acting substance is hard but short-lived.
(fentanyl withdrawal)

Withdrawal from long-acting substances comes slowly but last very long...
(methadone withdrawal)

^ Not really. A drug with a longer half life allows you to taper and quit slowly.

Sonic is correct but to answer your question it is a licit analog of fentanyl that is used during surgery and only has a 10 minute duration on its own.

B240C said:
off the top of the head...

whats the shortest acting opiate? it might be in ones favour to switch to that before trying to get off...id take hell for a few hours over agony for weeks, ya herd?
Just FYI, According to www.heroinhelper.org, one of the shortest acting opiates that I know of is heroin. It has a half life of a few minutes. (after that it is metab'd into morphine.)

I did a bit of googling, and discovered that the half-life of opioids can vary based on a number of factors, some of those being age of user, the existance of internal organ conditions, other drugs being taken, etc.

Just a couple of things to consider.

and btw its more than a few hours of agony, not exactly sure how long i didnt make it past day 2

Yea, the agony always lasts much much more longer than other withdrawals. I have never got over them... never. I have always started using, because of agony.

yea i mean the most serious of physical symptoms were gone before 48 hours....

as i mentioned, ive WDed from alot of substances, and this was the hardest hitting(waking up in a puddle of sweat then puking/shitting the rest of the night).

I've never eaten fen, but I've used patches 9 straight days.
I have a hard time sleeping on fentanyl for some reason, maybe the itching.
I finaly got sick from it, and slept 20 straight hours. after that I had no energy plus the worst taste in my mouth..

Withdrawal from a short-acting substance is hard but short-lived.
(fentanyl withdrawal)

Withdrawal from long-acting substances comes slowly but last very long...
(methadone withdrawal)

While the physical symotoms may last shorter in Fentanyl, I have read people who took the drug AS corrected after a month. They had Psycological effects Do not abuse Fentanyl

I have chewed both 100 mics and 75 mics patches in a day, I mean both in separate days. I absobted it from mouth mucouses, and didn't die. Somehow it is possible, but how?

People Don't hell try that!!!
This road I have travled with fent and dilaudid, lasted 5 tears with a pump, and 5 years on actiq and dilaudig.
For ALL OUT THEIR who just want to abuse Fent, that upto you. But since the last 6 months, I recieved a new pump of dilaudid that came with a PTM (personal therapy Moderator) it worsks like a hospital PCA machine where you pressere the buttom when your in pain, and to prevent OD, if you get so many doseges per hour. THem pump with dilaudid helped, but nuw mixed with fent, my pain is undercontrol for the first time in 10 years. The pump and the hand held PTM are made by medtronics. Check with your doctor about insurance coverage.

Last edited:
While the physical symotoms may last shorter in Fentanyl, I have read people who took the drug AS corrected after a month. They had Psycological effects Do not abuse Fentanyl

the majority of people, including myself, get psychological effects after wd'ing from any opiate/oid. it's generally referred to as PAWS : post accute withdrawal symptons. for some people these type of symptons can last for years

interesting thing about the PAWS. . . I had a double whopper of food poisoning and fentanyl withdrawl at the same time. After that and the hallucinating and horror I felt like my brain had been re-wired in some way. Not for bad or for good just different.

i'm going though it now

as i did last month

i picked up my post dated script for 15 patches the thursday before last june 22nded

I mailed one to a friend who i trade with and had 14 left

I wore some, but smoked most of them. I had 3 left, wore one for two days and smoked the other two and did an iso extract with the membranes and smoked all that

i see my pain dr for new scripts on the 11th, but my last fill was on the 22nd, so i will probably have to weight until that day if he/she post dates them, or 5 days before as my insurance will cover it.

Also out of oxy irs, been popping Tylenol and ibuprofen like candy to help with the pain