Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Smoked Bufotenin + DMT - New to Bufo - Distortion of size/distance

yaesutom

Bluelighter
First couple experiments with bufotenin from Anadenanthera Colubrina seeds..

I did a 'partial' (not done yet) extraction from these seeds, doing it the same way i'd extract DMT from mimosa bark. I was expecting to get a LOT more than I did but oh well - i'll have to figure that one out!

So basically I grinded up 12g seeds in a blender, let soak in hcl/water twice and filtered that liquid twice, adding NaOH to that to basify it and I extracted just once (so far) with 40-50mL toluene, ending up with a little bit of "probably mostly bufotenin goo" freebase.

I didn't really pay attention to times at all..

--

The first time I tried some I put about 10mg into a cheap metal weed pipe (ashes under). I probably burned most of it because I got just some mild effects, a feeling I took something in the "dmt family", widened vision, fluidity, nothing major.

This last time I put about 5-6mg into a glass pipe and vaporized it. I held it in while I set that pipe down and picked up another one with an unknown amount of DMT. I probably waited about 30 seconds and then I took a decent hit of DMT. What a pleasurable mix! The visuals were more geometric, or just an added 'digital' overlay more so than DMT alone. I had to piss, walked to the bathroom and my balance was sorta off. I flushed the toilet and watched the water made up of rectangles go down the drain.

I started noticing a wierd change in my perception of size. My body felt blown up, taller and thicker, and I walked into my room and just stood there for a sec. I'm like...9 feet tall! or ...something? Everything was bigger, and it was wierd moving around (but very interesting) because the distance wasn't right for the size, it was "fucked up" hehe. I sat down, and picked up a mason jar on the floor, just seeing how it was much longer, but the size changed depending on how close to my eyes it was. My hands looked big, I had long arms. Quite a wierd perception change, I've never experienced anything like it before.

Both times there was no sign at all of any "toxic" feelings. It felt good. In a wierd way, 5-HO-DMT feels "inbetween" DMT and 5-MeO-DMT.

---

I really liked the mix of the two, i'm not sure if i fucked up extracting it and somehow lost most of the bufotenin, but I have a little to play with anyway. I think it would make a nice addition to 'huasca/oral DMT. The effects did seem to drag on a lot longer than DMT alone, i'm curious what a low dose of 5-MeO-DMT and 5-HO-DMT mixed would be like..

Well thats it, got a taste of bufotenin, and I liked it (what a suprise, it has a DMT in the molecule and I liked it!).

I'll probably experiment more, hopefully I can figure out the extraction shit :).

Oh nice, a Bufotenin report, that's awesome. I had always wondered just how much of an effect that substance would have when in isolation. Pretty interesting, nice report.

^^^

Yeah I read this: http://www.bufoalvarius.org/ott.htm and i'm suprised more people haven't been doing this. In no way did it feel like a poison to me, it seems up there with DMT & 5-MeO-DMT, but i'll have to experiment more.

I also found this interesting http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/bufotenin/bufotenin_journal2.shtml

We have analyzed products of the serotonin-degradative pathway, in which both N-methylserotonin and bufotenine are formed in urine specimens of products with psychiatric disorders by three-dimensional HPLC with electrochemical detection. Bufotenine was detected in urine from all autistic patients with mental retardation and epilepsy (n = 18) and many autistic patients (32/47) with mental retardation. Bufotenine was detected in the urine of 15 of 18 patients with depression. Thirteen of 15 schizophrenic patients were also positive for bufotenine. N-methylserotonin was also detected in some cases of each disorder. Only two of 200 urine specimens from healthy controls were positive for bufotenine. Thus, the presence and levels of bufotenine might be useful and important markers of some psychiatric disorders.

Last edited:
do you have any new info on preparation or extraction with Anadenanthera Colubrina seeds?