Underworld Appreciation Thread!

BlueMind

Ex-Bluelighter
I have recently discovered a GREAT musical act, Underworld! I've heard them on and off throughout the years, and when I would buy a compilation, it was always their tracks that I would play again and again. It is such a joy to find great music, after sifting through so much crap....

I just downloaded a CD called 'Everything Everything' , which is a live recording. Man is it fscking awesome! I dare say it, but it seems like this group puts on a fantastic live show, even better than Rabbit in the Moon.

Share your love, make recommendations, and discuss!

did you download the music or the video with the music?

'everything; everything' is indeed fucking amazing. the dvd is just superb - great to put on when you get home from a club as well!

underworld are really fucking good. i was lucky enough to see them (post-emerson) at a gatecrasher event... superb. i think people often forget just how talented they are.

Man your kidding, it's a DVD? I have to get it, its simply mindblowing. I would expect the visuals to match the music(?)....

Have they broken up?

Thanks, can't beat the DVD price of 10 bucks new. Hell thats less than most CDs :)

Born slippy live at creamfields two years ago, just when I was coming up, misty rain causing a rainbow on my right and the sun setting on my left..............

one of the best experinces of my life!! :D

Everything everything is awesome!! (I didn't know it was a DVD either, I just have the CD version).... born slippy on that disc gives me goosebumps!!!

:)

^we actually saw underworld together :)

man, we are so pissed off that we forgot about the DVD when everyone was at ours post-psycle... it would have been perfect for that period of monged non-conversation :\ ah well, next time!!!

wish i'd seen em outdoors!

Brilliant outfit. Saw them at BDO a couple of years back and it was amazing.

Beaucoup Fish is stil one of my favourite electronic albums

Push Upstairs is a wicked track,

quiet; did you see them at Sydney?

they dropped these massive balloons down from the roof onto the crownd, it was simply amazing....

if you are an underworld fan, purchase the DVD. its well worth it. You have the option to watch the concert footage or watch visual stuff while the music plays. Plus the DVD has more tunes than the CD does.

i don't like their music as much now that emerson has left. The group was nowhere near the underworld that we all now love before he joined.

keystroke; melbourne - boiler room. No balloons, but great lasers, and a jam packed crowd all jumping.

I have so much Underworld shit, I love them like a junkie loves crack! %)

Fav. album: Second Toughest In The Infants
Fav. tune: Spikee

Everything, Everything is so f*cking cool, damn shame that the CD doesn't have Moaner at the end, but the DVD does. I saw them live last year and they rocked me beyond belief.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Underworld are KINGS! =D

Yeah they're the bollocks. I reckon Dubnobass is probably still my favourite album but they've put out so much quality over the years its hard to choose. I've seen them live a few times and they never disapoint.

In fact one of my all-time favourite memories is sitting watching them play an spellbinding set and then careering down the hill into the crowd at the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury on acid in the lightly drizzling rain as they started to play Cowgirl in about 1998. Just awesome.

Then Orbital were on the other stage %)

i've seen underworld live a few times and there are few things as wonderful. rez is one of the great tracks of all time obviously. moaner is probably my favourite track.

alasdair

Moaner is THE END of everything, I can't think of a better 'finale' track! Massive is a massive understatement. Rez, Push Upstairs, Jumbo, Kittens, Rowla, Cowgirl, so many seminal tunes, so many moments, the ultimate in dance music, it simply does not get any better than Underworld. Rock on forever.

Also: if you like Underworld, check out Leftfield and Fluke. Both groups have being in it from the beginning, and they all produce body-rockin', classic tunes, one after the other after the other. Fluke's latest album, and Risotto (an older one) are my fave's from them, and Leftfields 'Leftism' is, and I quote, 'the greatest dance music album ever'. =D