View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone was doing research into Harmine HCL coupled with DMT HCL pharmahuasca and just for the hell of it tried smoking the DMT HCL and it was just as active as the freebase.

*Aaargh * I wasted 500mgs trying to combine with an MAOI !!!!

Twatsville !

You'll find the HCl salt undergoes some pyrolysis when being vapourized as it requires much more heat to vapourize compared with freebase. If it was the same, why would anybody bother with the freebasing in the first place?

so what, you smoke it with a butane lighter ? dosage the same for hcl as for base ?

zophen said:
*Aaargh * I wasted 500mgs trying to combine with an MAOI !!!!

Twatsville !

Hang on zoph, wouldn't the freebase be active orally? The freebase would just convert to salt in your stomach acid wouldn't it?

Tricky getting much success with MAOI's tho - pure synthetic harmine hcl and harmaline hcl seem to do the trick but never get much effect with syrian or caapi.

Last edited:
fastandbulbous said:
You'll find the HCl salt undergoes some pyrolysis when being vapourized as it requires much more heat to vapourize compared with freebase. If it was the same, why would anybody bother with the freebasing in the first place?

You could be right f&B, I'm not sure if I ever did smoke DMT HCL now. Maybe I got confused.

Last edited:
EVERYTHING BEFORE CHURCH'S POST HAS BEEN CLEANED.

i've heard several reports of people smoking dmt hcl and i heard it actually works great. i'll have to ask those people some more details. i myself think the freebase would still work better. dmt hcl + naoh and wash it out. zophen you wasted 500mg of it? what type of maoi did you use? was it extracted or close to pure dmt hcl? dosages? thanks!

hmmmmmmmm, so if its best to get it all in one hit, do you think a grav bong set up with a special chamber to vaporize the dmt would be best then? i could easily see how you would get probably the bigest hit of any other thing with this method, unles the watter would cool it down too much. would it?

If you were smoking hcl through water then yes, you probably would, but I doubt it if its freebase

Does anyone here find the effects of DMT to be incredibly fun and enjoyable, as well as cleansing? Personally a high dose of smoked DMT is the most dreamy, realaxing and pleasurable drug experience I could imagine, and I find i feel safe doing it in any context, such as at a party, by myself, immediately before trancedancing, etc. I felt threatened the first few times I smoked, but after a mental orgasm breakthrough of such crisp clarity, DMT is my greatest comrade and ally. I enter the space weekly, usually several times, and have indeed used it daily in large quantities with ever more enjorment and peace.

Probably one day it should turn on me, and indeed, Ive tried to 'darken' my trips with black metal and thoughts of sadness, but all I achieve is a lens-like ability to see beautiful and affirming visions, not struck with even a vein of negativity- truly cleansed doors of perception, maybe even unhinged or kicked down the cosmic corridor.... I can't see anything but the truth with DMT and the truth is safe and calming if you don't run.....

I hear and read in this thread people saying it is not recreational, but I totally disagree- smoking this chemical is one of my favorite activities, one of the cleanest and safest. I understand the intensity and alarmeddness of the initial experience, but once thats conquered, you may grow to feel truly comfortable navigating that space....

Who else feels somewhat like this?

^I'm not sure how you can find a high dose of DMT relaxing unless youve done it some hundred odd times. Its more like a comsic smack in the face. What do you call a high dose 50mg, 80mg, 100mg?

Before I had a mg scale I remember I just piled doses into my pipe in wishes of breaking through. What dissapointed me though is I never met aliens, or journeyed to foreign lands, even though from judging how much I used on my highest dose, since I have a mg scale now, must have been greater than 150mg. My trips just seem to consist of complete loss of self if I dose high enough and the splintering of my vision in thousands of little prisms and geometric shapes of different colors with different things going on in each one. But never any coherent beings or different places.

I thoroughly like it though. Too bad Im running out.

^^^ I do :) :) hehehe....

WAS my favorite recreational (and more..) substance, until it mysteriously like, stopped WORKING on me for the most part, which makes NO sense... but it sucks anyway. "i smoke DMT like a pothead smokes their weed..." ;)

Ismene said:
Hang on zoph, wouldn't the freebase be active orally? The freebase would just convert to salt in your stomach acid wouldn't it?

Tricky getting much success with MAOI's tho - pure synthetic harmine hcl and harmaline hcl seem to do the trick but never get much effect with syrian or caapi.

Ismene: I assume you've tried oral DMT with harmala alkaloids and the reversable (competitive MAOI), moclobemide? If that's a yes is there much difference in the subjective feel, it's just that I know harmine on it's own is a mild but weird experience , but can't imagine a clinical MAOI like meclobemide has similar effects as harmine if taken on it's own.

Zophen has def convinced me to try it orally, it;s just I wan't to have the DMT/MAOI combo that causes least gastric distress (I'm a martyr to my guts!)

Psychedelics_r_best said:
^I'm not sure how you can find a high dose of DMT relaxing unless youve done it some hundred odd times. Its more like a comsic smack in the face. What do you call a high dose 50mg, 80mg, 100mg?

Well, physically the tryptamine buzz seems to smack me down and relax me, if I let it. I can't emphasise that last bit enough. As to doses, I have no idea- every dose is of extract on passionflower or similar herb, and i just stuff it in. I guess subjectively I mean smoking to the 'blackout' or unconcious/amnesiac point- that experience is my most positive rebirth and mental rewiring point. I would estimate over 200mg or more, but that couldf be over judging. Either way the peak visions are not really the most important, for me, as is the brain-stop mechanism of DMT.

I don't know, the feeling of release and surrender just feels good and has become "relaxing"- there is no fear, which may be different. I have smoked it hundreds of times....

Before I had a mg scale I remember I just piled doses into my pipe in wishes of breaking through. What dissapointed me though is I never met aliens, or journeyed to foreign lands, even though from judging how much I used on my highest dose, since I have a mg scale now, must have been greater than 150mg. My trips just seem to consist of complete loss of self if I dose high enough and the splintering of my vision in thousands of little prisms and geometric shapes of different colors with different things going on in each one. But never any coherent beings or different places.

It is what it is- subjectivity is the essence of DMT. Alien trips are such an ingrained meme, expecting it and not receiving it is disappointing. I've had these sort of trips, though nothing as cognizant as a Terence Mckenna smoke- which i think he partially invented and induced in himself. As well as entity experiences etc. I've had some totally weird almopst salvia like experiences of being other objects, people, other lives.... Its just not that frightening or dangerous- I would equate DMT flash to rollercoaster riding. Adrenal, intense, uncommon- but relatively safe and impermanent. I guess the difference lies in the after effects of DMT which I think is elicited more strongly from high doses. Small amounts can also settle akathasia after worn off.... For me at least.

I find it can be very relaxing and also sometimes initially not , but relaxation always comes in time !

The DMT afterglow is relaxing, for sure! I haven't smoked it too many times, but after an initial intense rush, for me DMT becomes very laid back and euphoric. 4-AcO-DMT is also very relaxing and euphoric for me. Curiously, 4-HO-DMT is about as far from relaxing as it can get (until the peak has passed, anyway).

fastandbulbous said:
Zophen has def convinced me to try it orally, it;s just I wan't to have the DMT/MAOI combo that causes least gastric distress (I'm a martyr to my guts!)

Me too. Moclobemide has zero nausea but I do find when I throw the DMT down my neck it can cause some fairly heavy vomiting. BUT...there is a way around it. Eat a peice of buttered toast and drink 500ml of coca-cola at the same time as you eat the DMT and it magically gets rid of the nausea. Not sure whether it's because freebase DMT is so alkaline it irritates your stomach lining unless you dilute it with a little food and cola.

BUT..eating and drinking does seem to dilute the effects slightly. So, try both ways and see which you prefer. Although I normally hate vomiting it's not so bad when you're on DMT for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.