Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Thread] DXM & Cannabis

seethe303

Bluelighter
Main DXM Thread

A friend of mine is planning on dosing with some DXM tonight. He has done it before once and experianced a very rewarding trip with quite an array of unexpected visuals. His question is, how will weed effect the trip? His body weight is about 120 and he is dosing with a 4 oz (I think...). Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I notice when I smoke marijuana during a trip, regardless of the drug, the experience becomes more intense. Depending on what I'm looking for, that is, if I want to kick the experience up just a bit, I like to smoke before and during a trip.

That is good, the experiance he is going for is one of more intensity and depth. A trip report will be posted following the trip.

Smoking weed while tripping on DXM is pure bliss. It is one of my fav feelings by far.

Weed makes the experience far more intense. I also find that while dex'd I can take HUGE hits without feeling any irritation in my throat.

Weed generally intensifies any trip, but I think that the mix with DXM is something special. It creates a feeling that neither can provide on its own.

If one looks on erowid.com is clearly says that DXM breaks down your tollerance to weed, alcohol, cocaine ect.....
An enormous amount of weed with DXM is my favorite thing to do if I am just hanging out with some friends, or going to a rave. It doesn't take away your motor skills. It actually enhances them. I love dancing on DXM and weed. GO FOR IT :)

Originally posted by SgtD82:
Smoking weed while tripping on DXM is pure bliss. It is one of my fav feelings by far.
If you enjoy them separately, the first time you combine them you will literally fall in love with the combo. IMO when it comes to combos, that is the best suited I have ever done.

A friend of a friend passed the following information along:
WEED KICKS IN EVERYTHING!
I love smoking weed on DXM it is incredible!

I'd have to agree. Everytime I've taken DXM by itself it's been a so/so experience. However, when I smoke it turns into an incredible journey. Plus it helps tremendously with the nausea.

I'm a pretty experienced dxm user. The odd thing is I have only mixed weed and dxm twice. Both were on 4 oz. and all I can say is that they mix well like toast and jam and recommend it.

I've had DXM and weed before and from my experience it was a bad fucked up combination. I took the most unpure form of DXM, cough medicine (8 tablets) and smoked many bowls. It was fine for a while until the DXM kicked in and fucked up the whole normal weed high. It was bad-trippy and I got fucking caught by my parents. It was impossible to act completely straight.

I actually have used dxm past two nights in a row, 740mg one time and 480 the next. I found both got much better with weed!
8)

DXM and weed - Start of 2005 Thread

its a crazy feeling. i felt as if i were mr. potato head and somebody was going to try to rip my arms off, a great feeling nonetheless. however; what can one do to help prevent dehydration from large doses of DXM? im talking about 300-600MG makes me very dehyrated the next day or so and i get very groggy and tired. any input?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had DXM + weed a number of times. I think they synergize nicely, but for 1st or 2nd plateau doses I think ephedrine/psuedoephedrine/caffeine is better. It all depends on what you plan on doing though. The weaker stimulants help you move around more and socialze. Weed kinda just makes you stuck there wondering how you ended up in a strange pixelated pit of darkness or something.

Having a dry mouth, feeling groogy and tired the day after DXM is completely normal. It's just the after-effects of the drug (which can last a long time, especially with higher doses).