View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 'Memory and Psychedelics' Thread

xMemnonx

Bluelighter
I am not sure what's going on here, but maybe someone who is more familiar with K could tell me.
Everytime I see to reach about the dose for a K hole I just seem to blank out, and either "snap out" of it and not remember what I went through or just fall asleep if it's at night and wake up in the morning.
Am I just doing too much, or doing it too fast? Why am I not able to reach a hole and just enjoy it?
I don't have a really accurate digital (0.1 accurate) scale but I cooked a vial and seperated it into 5 equal (as equal as I could eye out) piles, so I figure 200~mg per pile. Then I cut each of those into 4 lines. The 4 lines are each about: xxxxxxxxxxxxx big.
What would you all suggest as the best way to do it in order to comfortably reach and maintain a k hole?

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED
Due to the subject matter of this post, it has been determined that it is "out of place" in this forum, and has been transfered to a forum in which it will be better served..
No part of this thread has been deleted, it has only been relocated.. you may locate the thread and follow the discussion, or post your follow-up's to the forum where the thread has been transfered to:
Psychedelic Drugs
If you wish to dispute this action; you may contact me via e-mail - [email protected]
Thank you!
Other Drugs Management Team
[macro move.psychedelic]

Well, I don't think you can really maintain a k-hole... it takes a certain amount of lucidity to dose, and by definition you can't dose when you're in the hole.
To reiterate what's been said before, if you can say, "I'm so holed..." baby, you ain't.
However, I know from personal experience that you can overshoot the hole and blank out, missing the experience.
I find the easiest way is to gently bump up in fifteen minute increments, 1/2 point or less per bump, until your visual dimensions are warped and you can barely dose properly - then do 100mg. For me, that's the hole.
[ 30 April 2002: Message edited by: Cokeboy ]

I was reading in a book called Fire In the Brain - clinical tales of hallucinations, and a chapter was about a group of men that went around in the 80s (i think it was) and used ketamine is a date-rape agent. In high enough doses that the victims remembered nothing. This went on for about three years and hundreds of victims . . .
Until they picked some girl who was on a cranberry juice diet, which happened to flush the ketamine from her system more quickly and make her memory vivid enough to testify against the men.
Anywho, It might make the drug less intense, but it's worth a shot having lots of cranberry juice in your system while doing high doses of K and seeing if you can still get in a hole and/or if it's at all gratifying that way.

Last edited:
Nitrious...What is it doing to our memory?

It has happened 100 times, I will load in a bulb to my $3 bulb machine, and be sent off into nang-land, and even though it will be only seconds in that VERY deep mental state, I always come up with some break-through idea that will solve the mystery to an age-old unanswered question..
Then ofcourse when you come down you either:
a) realise you have forgotten it or;
b) it sounds fucken stupid
And I know this applies to a lot of psychedelic drugs.. :)
But just before, while in nang-land, I realised how weird the memory effect can be...
I totally thought "I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT BULBS ARE DOING TO MY MEMORY, RIGHT NOW!"
Ofcourse it was one of those great break throughs that you get as stated above, but it still seems interesting to me. And you never know with psychedelics, maybe what they offer is something that you can only believe while in that state of mind, whether it is true or not...
Anyway, I noticed I had complete instant access to my most recent memory (all scattered around ofcourse), it all flashed inside my head at once, in a matter of seconds. And then lots and lots of previous bulb trips, of what I was thinking, seeing, where I was, who was around if anybody etc.. when I was in the fixated-vision part of the bulb trips also popped into my mind.
Sigh, this post probably won't even make sense to anybody, or me, when I am straight, but I'll click post anyway, just to hear what other people have to share about nitrious, and if they have experienced things I've talked about.

Often times when I trip I am reminded of previous psychedelic experiences. I typically remember my trips completely, but during a trip, past feelings and emotions are brought to mind as if I'm reliving something from the past. This is called state-dependent memory and is not unusual in the least.
State-dependent learning, or memory, is based on the idea that when you learn something in a particular state or mood, or room, or on a particular drug, you will better recall it when you are in that same state. So for example, if you study for a test while you are on caffeine, you will do better to take the test while also on caffeine.
I think being reminded of something from a past trip while you are tripping in the here and now, may cue the memory and trigger recall of that event from the past trip.
[ 15 July 2002: Message edited by: erica.smerica ]

I think I know what you are talking about...
Every so often, while on a bunch of nos, I seem to remember this theory that I have been developing while nossing every other time.
I couldn't tell you for the life of me what it is, but it's some understanding of how the world and our minds work, and it's like my 'theory' progresses a little further every time I nos out, I remember where I was up to the last time I was nossing, and I anticipate where I will go the next time.
Its pretty hard to explain, I always think that if I nossed with a tape recorder and spoke out loud whatever I was thinking, it would make for some pretty interesting listening !

I always come up with some break-through idea that will solve the mystery to an age-old unanswered question..
Then ofcourse when you come down you either:
a) realise you have forgotten it or;
b) it sounds fucken stupid
I know what you mean. Just ask either me or Xplore about a "Tripaloneus Trapezieus." Believe me, there are things u discover in nang land that are just too powerful for the real world. Lol, or maybe the opposite.
Sigh, this post probably won't even make sense to anybody, or me, when I am straight, but I'll click post anyway, just to hear what other people have to share about nitrious, and if they have experienced things I've talked about.
Made perfect sense to me!

I get the same thing whenever I do a hit of nos when I'm on another drug like dxm or e... I'm always like 'oh yeah.. I remember this! of course! it all makes sense again!' then I wake up and forget it all. Gee I guess I'd better go do some more nos to try and remember-

i know EXACTLY what you're talking about!!!!! :)

Wow, I was amazed to see other people had experienced the exact same things!
Yes, that always in development theory is very hard to explain.. It seems easy as while in the trip, but is kind of left in that part of un-unsed memory that only comes back on bulbs.. Yeah erica, that does sound true, I always remember the same things when tired or so..
I just had somg nangs again and was sent off to that other frame of mind. I cannot help but to hyperthink on bulbs now, unless I put on some music, then I close my eyes and I am sent back to Euphorialand once again, where nothing matters and the music fits right into your life for that minute or two, and is all that matters.
I do notice though I get the exact same visuals each time, open eyes it is mostly fixated vision on something, be it beautiful or boring. While my closed eye visuals are always the matrix-green (and a bit of red) starfield, sometimes melting, something warping and sometimes swirling.
There was like 1000 other things I thought about I wanted to mention but yep.. there it is again, it's gone while straight. Whats more annoying is that I set up a recorder, and nothing came to me! I was speechless and thoguhtless, and only got the euphoria.. Very odd, maybe you are right The Wood, some nang thoughts are just too powerful for reality! ;)
Edit:
I just had another bulb, and a few things came back to memory..
I actually do get another visual, I see my own face a lot! Only when I close my eyes though. And at that same time, I can think of every little single thing I am doing right at that moment, down to feeling every organ in "my" body, and what it is doing. Bulbs are a great introspective tool for me.
Also, when nanging, I can always see what's just about to happen! It's like my vision and memory become one and I can see what just happened, what is happening, and what is about to happen all at once..
Ok, inhaled another.. while laying down, I was trapped in someone elses body.. How can such a small molecular structure like nitrious oxide have weird different effects each time? ;)
[ 16 July 2002: Message edited by: Splatt ]
Oops, sorry, realised I went a bit off topic in this post, but I'd been nanging all day and kept thinking of stuff :)
[ 16 July 2002: Message edited by: Splatt ]

I was on 2C-I one night, and bought a 24-pack of whippits. when the 2C-I kicked in enough, I started to nang, in my room. I kept going to... "the place" - where my ego is totally gone, and I feel as though I have complete access to anywhere in my brain, and feel like a machine..knowing how itself works. I found out, after repeated use, if i "let myself go" to this ego loss-thing, i sometimes would drop whatever is in my hand, and just lay down on my bed, feeling like a nothingness, feeling like i've surrendered to this "THING", and when that happens, I guess you could call it euphoria..but more of a "nothingness", pure ecstasy. God, I can remember it now, but i just can't put it into words, its like..why/how/what we are, what consciousness is.. like put right there in your face. I rarely use nitrous, I was NOT planning on using the WHOLE DAMN box, but everytime i went to this "place", and came back, I would think about it and try to figure out what i just learned, like, "wow? what was that place? I gotta see that again!". The whole box was gone at the end of the night..
Last night, I got stoned, which I haven't done that often lately. One large hit out of the bong. I was laying down, being introspective in my room. I realised, that everything, the lighting, my computer fan noise, my A/C noise, it was almost exactly the same conditions from when I did the 2C-I + nitrous mix. Then, I started to see the same visuals..all around my peripheral vision looked like faces, all kind of shaped like mine, all made of dots/whatever, and they were all pointing "perfectly" towards the middle of my vision, where i saw...well some sort of center...that words can't explain. I saw a lot of other shit there aren't any words to explain it with. Kind of a "flashback" to my nang land on 2C-I before.
While this was happening, I got on the computer, and read this thread...just reading what people were saying, it was almost taking me there. I did NOT want to be totally tripped out, or let my ego go, so i got right off and did some other things. Ahh, what a big break from weed does to me.. (i was also a little sleep deprived, and possibly have a mild cold).

ah the mystery of the nang...
Every time i do bulbs now i've been paying more and more attention to how the nitrous is acting on my thought patterns (the wholem duality effect etc), and each consequent trip i've built on these observations.
And its always during a certain point in a bulb (happens EVERY time, pretty much when there's 1/4 of the gas left in the balloon) when i get a distinct and amplified feeling of deja-vu, maybe its just my mind recognising the familiar state that it is about to enter... sometimes it is this which proves the catalyst for a giggle-fest.
A couple of times i've postulated that the trip itself comes in understanding what the trip is... you follow me? Sometimes I've reached complete understanding of what the nitrous is doing to my consciousness (i'm sure we all have) and its when you discover this for the brief few moments in nang-land, that you end up laughing your ass off.
I've found that LSD is a great tool for observing the "method of action" nitrous takes. You get to watch every thing in your mind happen in slow motion and fully appreciate every twist and turn in the journey.

every time i shroom, i step into a world that contains all the answers to all the questions in the universe. the problem is, is that when im there, i dont have to ask any questions. when im sober, i have so many questions but this world cant answer them. make sense (that was an analogy, im not crazy)?
its like every time i shroom im like (like said above) oh yah, i remember this...and when i come down i forget most of it, but retain some very important things. Nitrous doesnt last long enough to remember any of it.

i too am one of the many who feel the same. I think that this is the same for many who have nangs.
my best thought in nangland was "I know why people laugh for no reason". that was so amazing, it is a shame that you cannot describe these things.

I kind of have an experience like this. It seems everytime I hit nitrous, that I go to this other dimension or something and I am living an extension of my last nitrous trip. Like I am living this other life that only exists while on nitrous and I go back to it and build on it everytime I use it. It's pretty interesting because when I'm in that space it's like "wow, how could I forget about all this" and then I come up with all these abstract ideas and shit like that. Then when I come down, I forget it all. And I go RIGHT back when I hit it again. And it still seems to me that EVERY time I have ever hit nitrous, it has been more intense than my previous experience.

After reading erica.smerica 4-AcO-DET + Ketamine trip report it seems that these sort of trips are not too uncommon in the world of dissociative anaesthetics.
10 mins after the IM K:
My trip began in a familiar space, that is, almost exactly where my last very powerful Ketamine trip had ended. I was greeted back by familiar beings, who existed only as energy in the form of light. I was being taught and rewarded with beautiful strings of music for each lesson that I learned completely...
Oh and if you haven't read the whole report yet, click the link above.
So do people experience simular experiences with PCP or DXM? (I have only tried DXM once..)
[ 22 July 2002: Message edited by: Splatt ]

well, this is my first post in ages...i have recently been drug free for over a year now, but i like to come back and read everynow and then and post a little.
I have this re-occuring idea that when I take LSD that I am seeing the world as it really is. Like it is taking a viel off my eyes and I am seeing reality. (Kind of like if you film a computer monitor you can see lines going up and down that you cant see with your normal human eyes). Was wondering if anyone has thought about this...Probably makes no sense to anyone...