[House Subthread] Filter House/French House

Bomboclat

Bluelight Crew

Filter House

French house is a catch-all term for house music by many French artists, a popular strand of the late 1990s and 2000s European dance music scene and a form of Euro disco. The genre has also been referred to as "neu-disco" (new disco) "French touch", "filter house" and "tekfunk" over the years. The defining characteristics of the sound are heavy reliance on cut-off and phaser effects both on and alongside samples of late 1970s and early 1980s American or European disco tracks. Celebrated and successful purveyors of this music include Daft Punk.[1], Cassius and Etienne de Crécy. Most tracks in this vein feature steady 4/4 beats with a tempo range of 110-130 beats per minute.
Source

Original Record Labels: Crydamoure & Roulé

Examples:

French House/Filter House is my personal favorite. Just such an uplifting and fun form of house music.

Others artists to check out:

Trevor Loveys
Moonchild
Play Paul
DJ Falcon
Stardust
Riva Starr
Burns

Discuss

Stardust kicks ass! I love the entire Crydamour/Roule scene. So much win.

I <3 that Stardust song!

One to check out is 'Toop Toop' by Cassius!

I don't think it's French House but 'Sinnerman' by Nina Simone [Felix Da Housecat Remix] is a fucking killer track! :D

Mav

I know that Dirtyphonics isn't house music, but I felt like I should post them because they are French. :p

These guys put on a live show unlike anyone I've ever seen, mixing D&B and Dubstep seamlessly and hyping the crowd like absolutely no other. It's so awesome to see 4 different guys on MPC's and Turntables working together dropping filthy beats all night. Sorry if its a bit off topic, but check out this video of them live.

Dirtyphonics Live @ Jungle Juice, Paris France

They kicked some arse at EDC, but this really belongs in the DnB thread.

Recommended house

Can you please recommend some catchy house songs? I like beats that get switched up a little too, not revolving around the same beat the whole song, and if it is remixing it enough to make it sound good.

Love daft punk, swedish house mafia, justice, and french house

Would also love some suggestions

thanks

colin