PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[LSD subthread] - Set & Setting Considerations

velvetacidchrist

Bluelighter

[original post:]

Hey there,

Had to make a new account because I can't seem to remember my password to my old one and my email that I used for that was compromised a while back...
Anywho, I just purchased 20 hits of blotter LSD the other day (it's on paper about 3'' wide and 1/2'' tall, marked into twenty hits.
I've tripped acid twice before but it was always very weak and I never really tripped too hard. I purchased this because I trust this kid, he's been a good friend of mine for about 8 years and hearing about his previous trips on this it sounds like quality stuff. Me and 3 friends of mine are tripping this Saturday (it was originally Friday but the weather will be crap that day). They're all pretty experienced with psychadelics so it's not a question whether I should take it or not. I'm mentally ready blah blah.

I'm just curious, what music do you guys like to listen to while tripping? Something that REALLY stands out.
Would it be better to wait until Saturday to trip? (Friday is 49 degrees high while Saturday is 69, much sunnier day)
I have some Xanax just in case, but let's say the trip goes fine and dandy and on the comedown I want to get some sleep, should I pop those hunnies?

I'm excited! I want to hear more stories from you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
velvetacidchrist said:
I'm just curious, what music do you guys like to listen to while tripping?

Three guesses, first two don't count. (Hint: avatar, q.v.) :)

Would it be better to wait until Saturday to trip? (Friday is 49 degrees high while Saturday is 69, much sunnier day)

I would, definitely, especially if you plan on being outside.

I have some Xanax just in case, but let's say the trip goes fine and dandy and on the comedown I want to get some sleep, should I pop those hunnies?

If you have good clean acid, and you take it early in the day, you should be able to sleep fine at T+12 or so, maybe earlier, but the benzos could help.

Remember to take care of your body! Rest, eat, drink water, pee, all that good stuff. And remember, don't fight, just be <3 That is your only duty; see where this wonderful compound takes you inside of yourself and out.

Love+Light
SKL

SomeKindaLove said:
Remember to take care of your body! Rest, eat, drink water, pee, all that good stuff. And remember, don't fight, just be <3 That is your only duty; see where this wonderful compound takes you inside of yourself and out.

I'm a very healthy guy so I plan on staying hydrated, stretch, maybe even try some fruits. I think those would taste crazy, some strawberries or some oranges, mm mm. How is taste altered for you?

velvetacidchrist said:
I'm a very healthy guy so I plan on staying hydrated, stretch, maybe even try some fruits. I think those would taste crazy, some strawberries or some oranges, mm mm. How is taste altered for you?

Taste is definately altered and hightened to an extreme. I remember eating some mixed nuts while frying, and the whole atmosphere changed, like I could see the taste. Synthasesia (sp?) is a wonderful thing.

Just some basic questions from an acid noob :)

I'm doing L for the first time tomorrow. I'll be getting one strip which is somewhat equivalent to two hits, and supposedly pretty potent. I've had a high dose salvia breakthrough, a medium dose 2ce trip, and have done ecstasy in mild doses. I'll be doing it early in the morning, about 9 or so, and chilling in my friends dorm the rest of the day.

What can I expect? Is two hits the first time a good idea? Is doing it on campus a good idea? How long after dropping before I'm chill enough to drive or interact with other people? What supplies should I have, and if I start having a really bad trip which I can't stop what's a good way to calm down besides xanax or benzos?

Hillbilly Dan said:
Just some basic questions from an acid noob :)

I'm doing L for the first time tomorrow. I'll be getting one strip which is somewhat equivalent to two hits, and supposedly pretty potent. I've had a high dose salvia breakthrough, a medium dose 2ce trip, and have done ecstasy in mild doses. I'll be doing it early in the morning, about 9 or so, and chilling in my friends dorm the rest of the day.

What can I expect? Is two hits the first time a good idea? Is doing it on campus a good idea? How long after dropping before I'm chill enough to drive or interact with other people? What supplies should I have, and if I start having a really bad trip which I can't stop what's a good way to calm down besides xanax or benzos?

I think you'll be fine with regards to the psychedelic effect as you seem to have at least experience with psychedelics. I'd say two potent hits is viable for a first trip. It shouldn't take you too far, but at the same time, you'll get a good taste of the LSD experience.

You'll probably be pretty fucked for around 4-6 hours after dropping. I would not recommend interacting with people you don't know during this period. I would avoid driving until you come down after 10-12 hours. Driving and LSD is just a bad idea.

Regarding supplies, you should have a good supply of water/juice, maybe some MJ for the comedown. Music is essential for a first acid trip. Try setting up your tunes before dropping. If you feel like you're approaching a bad trip and/or having 'negative thoughts', try repeating a nursery rhyme to yourself, I personally like this one:

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

It's no substitute for benzos, but in my experience it helps when you're freaking out. It makes me realize how so many of our problems/worries are really socially conditioned, you know life goes on...

What kind of a dorm are you going to be dropping in? I don't know about your dorm, but I would not feel comfortable dropping in my dorm. I like to have a lot of space when I am on acid and I definitely don't want random people hanging out while I am tripping. In general, RAs and all that shit would kind of freak me out. But our uni's dorm are like the worst in the state, so you might be in a different situation.

Hope this helps,

levictus

had some awesome hoffmans and licks lately.. one of them is equivelant to ten doves or soups going round atm but me and my friend like to trip face on 3 ussually but they all gone for now, tried some 2ce recently and it was only 10mg oral but it seemed as strong as like half a lick or hoffman! but so much more profound and i just loved it.. gonna be hopping on the 2ce train for a while.. and whoever said it isn't visual is blind.. i think people need to open their third eyes.

Thanks for the advice levictus. The dorms I'm in are layed out like an apartment, four bedrooms with one common room, so I should have plenty of space. I have all my music on a cellphone/flashdrive and should be good. Thanks again for the advice, and I'll be sure to report my trip later. With that I'm off!!

^I've tripped in my dorms so many times. The ceilings and cabinets here are great to look at on acid. Have fun!

Should I do LSD by myself?

I've only done acid one other time, it was great! it was just me and my boyfriend and I couldn't really talk when I tried to so I don't think it'll be a problem being alone. but at the same time I'm scared to, cause I know I'll get really scared if I have to talk to someone or something! you think I should still do it? If so, I have the day to myself (not in a house) what should I do?!

tell your bf that you are taking acid and he can take advantage of you while tripping <3

he's candyflipping at a concert right now :)
he'll probably still be frying when I put it on my tongue

well, i would say tripping alone can be much more intense than tripping sober. i wouldn't do it if i had anything i was trying to keep hidden from myself, because it's usually all come out by the end, whether it's convenient or not.

that said, i find tripping sober can be more "productive" than tripping with friends sometimes.

hahaha, sorry, that was a typo. :p i meant "tripping in a group". teehee, aren't i a tad scatter-brained tonight!

Definitely do it. Though you probably already did.. or didn't. I love tripping alone although I do prefer mushrooms and other shorter acting substances than LSD. LSD is nevertheless way more powerful and intriguing alone short of great social interaction enhancements of group dosing.

For sure you should do it.. My 1st time was by myself.. make sure your heads in a good place.

Merged in a question about doing LSD by yourself.

Personally, I love doing psychedelics by myself. It's easier for me to go deeper and have a positive experience, because there are no social dynamics to worry about. Group tripping can be difficult sometimes.

I wouldn't recommend doing it by yourself unless you already have some experience with it though, and are comfortable. Or at least if you have experience with strong psychedelics already, not necessarily LSD itself.

If you're alone, and something goes wrong, it can be harder to bring yourself back to reality to deal with the problem. But if you're alone at home with no chance of people coming home or anything, it'll probably be okay.

ok...so i'm getting LSD this saturday and it's my first time with acid...and i have a few doubts...
~i'm on daily heroin, a few units a day...will it be okay if i take my heroin shot before taking the acid? (i mean i know it can make a trip less potent...but i don't mind...i wouldn't imagine taking acid in a wd )
~i'm taking it on saturday, just a half of a tab(i wouldn't have the guts to take a whole tab) and i need to be able to function properly on monday(exams and shit) will it affect my memory too much?
~i heard it thousands of times, if a trip goes bad xanax should help with that,right?
thanks

^Well, I'm going to be honest here, an acid trip may make you think very seriously about your heroin addiction. There's not going to be any bad interaction between the shot and the acid, though. Acid doesn't affect memory at all IME. In fact (call me irresponsible) I ate acid at 10PM before I had a test at 3:30PM the next day. Did well on the final, got a B in the class. You'll be totally straight for your final. And as a final note, I would take a whole hit. The majority of acid isn't all that potent and with the heroin already dampening the trip, you should be fine on a whole tab. Hell, my normal dose is 4 hits. You'll be good on one. Don't worry about the trip "going bad", all you gotta do is flow with it. Just go with it. Don't try and resist the acid. If things ever get uncomfortable or intense...let it be that way. Just accept it.