View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Seasons/Weather and Tripping Thread

ToxicFerret

Bluelighter
Welcome to the Big & Dandy Seasons/Weather and Tripping Thread!

4seasons.jpg

What are merits and detriments of tripping in any particular season?
What about in the snow, rain, or wind?
Do you like it hot, cold, somewhere in between?

Original post:
Any of you ever get caught in a particularly nasty storm or some such while tripping? I don't mean some drizzle, I mean lots of lightning or high winds or other violent weather.

I witnessed a massive fucking hailstorm from my garage on a near ego dissolving dose of shrooms. We were all tripping in my backyard and house, and the sky got really menacing looking. It turned green by the horizon and I remember that from storms down south. When it turns green or yellow or another color you get shit weather really hard. Took all of us looking at the fucking sky to ensure that I wasn't imagining the color, but we all saw it so when drops started falling we went into the garage.

The fucking sky just split open and dumped literally three or four inches of rain in about five to ten minutes, and then it turned cold, really really cold and started dumping fucking hail on us. There wasn't much lightning, just really hard rain and hail. this was in the middle of summer and I remember thinking right after it stopped and we left the garage that there was probably about fifty accidents across the city in the five minutes it took to dump all the shit.

It was quite amazing to watch. I was very appreciative of being peaking right when it happened. We all kept looking out at it and asking the other people if they were seeing it too... heh, and it really got cold, which became uncomfortable as we had to leave the house soon...

But yeah any of you been stuck in really nasty or otherwise unusual weather whilst tripping?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesssssssss.

I was on like 22 mg of 2c-e and at my buddys place. I was chilling there for like 3 hours and then it was like 2am and I had to walk home. It started crazy storming with thunder and lightning and I got all excited, and told my friend see ya later and ran out in the storm and put on my headphones to listen to Infected Mushroom - I'm The Supervisor album and walked to a park and danced in the storm completely drenched. It was so incredible. Probably not the smartest thing I've done in my life, but wowzers!

This past summer at wakarusa I took probably the 2 strongest doses I have ever had thursday night about an hour before the music was supposed to start. Then as soon as we're all coming up it starts to rain, but not badly. Then, as we start tripping really hard, a cop driving around on a golf cart says "tornado's coming, music's canceled" So we're like "wtf?! what are we supposed to do?" and he just ignores us and keeps driving. I guess the tornado missed us by a few miles, so all we got was an insane lighting storm and some really cool clouds. It was pretty tight, but I would have preferred to see the music

Gaian Mind Fest 2008, candyflipping hard deep in the forest, MASSIVE THUNDER STORM. i-n-t-e-n-s-e.

last weekend....snow in the nature preserve...not nasty but fucking chaotic....

Looking forward to shrooming in the rain at the local nature center on monday :)

Frying balls in nature with the iPod, a pack of smokes, and some bud shall be awesome methinks

I saw 2 funnels earlier this year in one afternoon, including one that touched down and pulverized a small town less than 5 miles from me earlier this year on 9 HBWR seeds... You are right about the green sky, its almost always a good sign if you enjoy severe weather, but there is nothing in the world like looking up, seeing the sky swirling and realizing its not the drugs;)

Last edited:
Taking Lsd and watching thunderstorms is absolutely breathtaking . Watching Every individual droplet fall to the ground and explode into millions of pieces is quite stunning . As the thunderbolts crackle in the distance and deafen your ears , you can feel there energy moving through your entire body . Its a great gift to be able to experience nature in its most powerful forms.

I agree, Cosmic Charlie. I have really strong desires to wait until the day of a blizzard and dose :)

^ my first trip ever was during a blizzard, I was 15 and sitting outside indian style in the snow while all of my sober friends who had never tripped before were saying "ok, cool we know your trying to act fucked up, just come inside" while I was just thinking "if only you knew what I am experiencing"

I've gone out for beautiful night time walks when it was snowing whist tripping on 2C-T-7. :) But I would avoid anything that's actually dangerous.

Recently a friend and I both took some tabs, got on our bikes and rode to the nearest forest preserve, when we entered the woods it was like someone turned on the hose and it was one of the most intense down-pores I've been in. After sitting under a tree to try and wait it out. We decided to leave the bikes in the middle of the path and head for shelter. So using my saftey (power) towel (cape) as a shield we walked to this shelter. When we got there we had so much fun taking off our clothes and ringing them out. GOOD TIMES!!

I dunno if anyone here was at Starscape this past summer, but just as shit was getting started, a MASSIVE thunderstorm moved in. Huge black clouds and there was lightning shooting across the sky in every direction. It was some of the craziest shit I've seen. Thankfully it passed and everything resumed as normal

Side note, about 20 minutes before the storm started to really move in, I was out on the pier and noticed a dude kneeling down and making "summoning" type motions to the sky. It looked like he was pulling something towards him. I looked in the distance as saw a tiny black cloud, but thought nothing of it. The dude was obviously tripping on SOMETHING, don't know what... But damn. That shit makes you think haha

Heard about the Starscape storm. Intense.

2 summers ago I was at a festival on about 2.5g mushrooms and midway through Hallucinogen in Dub a gigantic gust of wind blew from behind the stage and the sky opened up. We waited only a few minutes before realizing we were going to be very wet and cold for the rest of the night if we stayed out. All of us went back to our camp and hung out in the tents while the storm and music raged on outside. It was nice and dry in the tent and the sounds of the rain and wind blowing tents away was really entertaining. Pretty amazing having a thin layer of fabric keeping you safe from such powerful weather. We all ended up taking some mdma and playing with glowtoys for a few hours until the storm passed, then it was back to the show.

LSD in nature, by a river, during a heavy rain, turned into me floating in the river during a heavy rain, awesome.

3 of my friends and I ate a bunch of shrooms about a year ago during the first blizzard of the season in Toronto. We climbed a local man made ski hill haha we all thought we were gonna die but a fun experience in retrospect

I saw 2 funnels earlier this year in one afternoon, including one that touched down and pulverized a small town less than 5 miles from me earlier this year on 9 HBWR seeds... You are right about the green sky, its almost always a good sign if you enjoy severe weather, but there is nothing in the world like looking up, seeing the sky swirling and realizing its not the drugs;)

Oh definitely, I remember once as a little kid my dad and I were always going out and looking at cool weather. We caught a funnel cloud once on a shitty ass tape camcorder, and then got the shit out of there! Tornadoes make me nervous, they don't like my family much. We lost a couple people in the tristate tornado across IL.

I remember one of the first times I used opiates and got real high on pot there was a major storm and the sirens went off and I tweaked out and made my friend hide in the basement with me... perhaps a bit too much tornado videos as a kid :|

I guess that's too offtopic.. anyway rain feels amazing on the skin on acid. I've never felt it on shrooms other than a few days that day after the storm died. It was too cold that day. When it's warm enough there's little better way to commune with nature than tripping in some drizzle.

Yesssssssss.

I was on like 22 mg of 2c-e and at my buddys place. I was chilling there for like 3 hours and then it was like 2am and I had to walk home. It started crazy storming with thunder and lightning and I got all excited, and told my friend see ya later and ran out in the storm and put on my headphones to listen to Infected Mushroom - I'm The Supervisor album and walked to a park and danced in the storm completely drenched. It was so incredible. Probably not the smartest thing I've done in my life, but wowzers!

You should've just gotten a taxi number. ;)