View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-E Subthread] Comparisons to Other Substances

disperado

Bluelighter
This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy 2C-E thread in which to compare and contrast it with other substances. Please direct all such discussion and questions to this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

many have compared 2c-e with other research peas; can anyone say how it compares to mescaline/trichocerus? that is the only pea i have eaten.

Last edited by a moderator:
2c-e is probably more comparable to mescaline than any other research chem I've done. It seems to have less nausea and body load actually. However mescaline's psychedelic effects are definitely richer and more diverse, in terms of both mental effects and visuals. Mescaline seems to last about 50% longer as well.

Could anyone tell me how the CEVs compare to the tryptamines, I am more farmilliar with this class(lsd,4hodmt,4hodipt,5meoamt...) and I am expecting some 2c-e sny day now CANT WAIT!!! CEVs ans music are my fav aspects of the tryptamines

I found 2C-E visions/visuals/CEVs/etc blew away every indolic psychedelic I have taken. Even LSD.

^^^

I agree with the past couple posts. However, 2C-E even at 6mgs gave me a +++. This may have been a freak experience, but it sure had me surprised.

I have taken upwards of 400-500mcgs of LSD. I have watched as people diluted crystalized LSD, and I ingested the liquid hits directly after, so I know how much I have taken. 18mgs of 2C-E blew any amount of LSD away in terms of visuals. The ego loss was even comparable. Overall, they are both awesome drugs, but I'm sorry; I and some of my friends feel that 2C-E is better in many aspects.

As for the details on CEV's and OEV's.. 2C-E will totally send me out of this world. If I close my eyes, the visions are so real I cannot feel or even acknowledge that I am tripping. If I am walking around, I enter these dream-like scenarios filled with colorful visuals of multidimensional form. 2C-E suspends animation to the point that it is hard to stay focused on anything else.

The auditory effects are unbelievable as well, and the best part of it is that it is a really clear headed psychedelic. LSD is really confusing, and it just annoys me at times. 2C-E is so clean feeling. Another awesome thing is the fact that when the trip wears off, I feel like going out and doing something. LSD will make me want to go to bed.

I've been told that's because you need to supply your own warmth in order to drive back the cold, but I just cannot do that. It's like trying to warm up a blizzard by lighting a match- the depth of this cold just really can't be touched, and it is impossible to drive away. I'm just fucking awed. I am well and truly dipped.

I also feel it's extremely unforgiving, that if taken too far or done too often, that there is a very real possibility that you might never come back.

As an analogy to people's personality types, I tend to think of 2C-E as 'not suffering fools gladly'. By that I mean if you take it for frivolous reasons (y'know, people just thinking,'lets get twatted', but not really caring which drug it is they use to trip) it will turn 'round and well and truely kick your arse more often than not. On the other hand I've found that if you proceed with an idea as to why you're taking it, what you're exploring etc. it can produce some spectacular results. There are other 2C-x compounds that are better suited to the party atmosphere, 'let's get twatted' type intent or approack, such as 2C-B, 2C-I & 2C-C which are a lot more forgiving.

2c-E rivals even my greatest acid trips. I was quite delighted this fact. Also there was no overwhelming bodyload, which was great (unlike some of it's 2c brethren. that's right, I'm looking at you 2c-B :) )

Cecuk said:
(I was originally posting this in the "My favorite..." thread, but as I started into the story, I decided this was much more appropriate.)

My favorite has shifted over the years from LSD to 2C-E. Not surprisingly, I have ingested LSD more than 2C-e. I don't think it was just the novelty or the "new magic" often experienced when trying a new psychedelic,
Since this last 2C-E experience, I have not ingested any psychedelics in almost 6 months, nor am I overly motivated to take them.

Almost sounds like my case. I have had more LSD experience that all other psychedelic experiences put together. I've only had three 2C-E experience...but all three (especially the last two) were more profound that all but one of my LSD experiences.

2C-E and 2C-T-7 are my two favorite synthetics of all. I would always choose these two over LSD. I can take LSD anytime I want..but have not had any since 2004 and no real desire to experiment again. I've not had any 2C-E since my last trip with it in 2003...but I sure look foward to trying it again one fine day. I look foward to trying a lower dose (10mg-12mg.) All three of my 2C-E experiences were over-the-top intense. 16mg of 2C-E was similar to around/approx 250ug LSD. 18mg was like a 500ug trip. 20mg blew LSD off the scale.

I bet even at a +2-level...2C-E is amazing. I want to find the dose similar for me as 70ug LSD. That is the level I find most useful when it comes to LSD.

Hm good psychedelic (bodyload can be an issue for me) got good spiritual type stuff off it(and great visuals) but it lacks LSDs emotional depth for my money anyway.

Last edited:
2C-E tends to be very emotionally cold, neutral to the extreme. It doesn't fuck around - it gets straight down to business. Where LSD, mushrooms, and other are emotional, 2C-E is intensely logical and analytical.

I find 2C-E and mushrooms to be about as different as they get. They have the same level of power, though, and the same ability to penetrate through dimensionality and even to awaken one into higher states of being (even the universal consciousness itself). But their ways of going about it are drastically different. 2C-E is highly analytical and it does so through this relentless patterns of logic and visual organization. Mushrooms are intensely emotional and although they have a profound effect on the thought patterns as well, those changes are much less analytical and more feeling-oriented, in my experience. Mushrooms also have a more organic feel by far, although I have found 2C-E to be the most "organic"-feeling PEA next to mescaline.

I get ringings, chimings, and humming on 2C-T-7 especially. I didn't note it too much with 2C-E, but then I was outside in the mountains so the wind, and general sounds of nature were in the foreground.

I can really only think of 1 exception for me, and it was my 1st time doing LSD at a club - I was getting really intense visuals the entire time. The entire crowed infront of me would spontaneously get very symmetric and their bodies would form into weird patterns.

Or, people around me would vanish into thin air during breakdowns, but would suddenly re-appear and be pulling towards the top/centre of the club like a blob during buildups. Then again, it was Audion - and even when sober, it feels like your on acid when listening to it :)

But, the other times I've gone to a club on LSD - the visuals seem to simmer down /greatly/, but when I leave the club, its like the past 4 hours worth of visuals hit me very intensely for a short while --- then start to simmer down to where they should be after about 30-60 mins. But, lets keep this topic back to 2CE :) (was just commenting something I noticed with LSD, and thought it could apply to 2CE also ... on the other hand, I find that Mushrooms have a tendency to take me by the balls regardless of where I am)

klowns said:
ok then.....heres another one
how bout smoking it in a glass dick? ive heard this is great with all the rcs but havent tried it yet. apparently you need a much lower dose this way. anyone smoked 2ce? i would love to throw 10 mg in a dick and light it up unless of course someone tries to convince me that it is horrible as well
I find 2C-E to have a lot in common with 2C-T-2 mostly the feel of it. I read somewhere that 2C-T-2 releases poison when it is heated up and smoked. I am not a chemist and don’t know for sure but it is something you might want to look into before you explore it. These are uncharted waters research as much as you can before you jump in. As far as mega dosing, I have heard of 2 Ods on 2C-T-2 I’m not sure if it was from toxicity of the chemical of heart failure from shock or something? But it might be something to look into before you explore that realm.

Trogdor said:
Does anyone else notice that it's incredibly difficult to keep their eyes open while on 2c-e, or is that effect limited to both me and 2c-e?

yes, like mescaline, and mushrooms it makes me just want to lie there and almost fall asleep - makes me lethargic as hell

2c-e seems to be somewhat void of any euphoria, especially at higher (16mg+) doses.
I find this aspect of 2c-e particularly interesting. Perhaps this is of significance for some kind of psychotheraputic tool with a low potential for abuse. At least lower than acid or shrooms. I dont know. Its just like there is some fun factor that is missing with 2c-e, again not a bad thing necesarily.
I feel the same way about DPT sort of (along with 2C-E). Psychotherapy might have a future with these compounds (but I doubt in the USA due to strict laws).

I haven't used that many RC's (2CT2, 2CB and 2CE) but out of those 2CE was the only one I really enjoyed, the only one with any real depth to the experience. Would love to get my hands on some more one day.

Interestingly, last night I was in a "flow state" while reading a report from someone about "flow states" =D

AMT puts me into this flow state much of the time, but in a very underwhelming, controlled way. DOC and DOM, on the other hand, seem inclined to produce a very powerful and consuming "flow state".

What the hell's up with this drug? It feels like no other phenethylamine I have ever felt (at 15mg).

It had some tryptamine like effects to it. There was definitely a loss of ego, which I am not too familiar with phenethylamines doing.

It seemed like there was no euphoria either. It was like neutral, and you could have a good or bad trip depending on environment (more than other peas).

What makes this drug so much different from other 2Cs?