View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-B Subthread] 2C-B Set and Setting

carl0s

Bluelighter
This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy 2C-B thread in which to discuss set and setting considerations. Please direct all questions and discussion about 2C-B set and setting to this thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My first time is going to be whilst out camping tomorrow :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^That should be fun. Sitting by a warm fire...mmhmmm...makes me jealous.

I get sore from 2c-b too. I also get shivers, even if it's warm outside.

Still my favorite chemical however.

carl0s said:
My first time is going to be whilst out camping tomorrow :)

I was pretty let down with 2C-B/camping. Usually that is my preferred place for tripping, and (usually) I get some magical/mystical trips. But 2C-B was just ho-hum for me. I think its best for concerts, or just for an afternoon in bed with an intimate partner. It is really the only psychedelic I consider to be "recreational."

Then again, I'm generally disappointed with 2C-B..it doesn't hold any water to 2C-D, 2C-E, and 2C-T-7.

Cosmic_Fantasy said:
^^^^That should be fun. Sitting by a warm fire...mmhmmm...makes me jealous.

I get sore from 2c-b too. I also get shivers, even if it's warm outside.

Well, they don't allow fires on the campsite we're going to :)

We're allowed disposable BBQs though, and we're going to be under a tree hopefully rather than out on an open field. Really I'd rather just be in some random woods somewhere than on a farmers field but I've never camped before so this is all I know so far.

morninggloryseed said:
I was pretty let down with 2C-B/camping. Usually that is my preferred place for tripping, and (usually) I get some magical/mystical trips. But 2C-B was just ho-hum for me. I think its best for concerts, or just for an afternoon in bed with an intimate partner. It is really the only psychedelic I consider to be "recreational."

Then again, I'm generally disappointed with 2C-B..it doesn't hold any water to 2C-D, 2C-E, and 2C-T-7.

hmm. Well, I have some 2CE here as well but I had decided against trying that yet since reading the questionable and "difficult" reports on it.

I have capped 8 - 10mg of 2CB into four capsules each. I'll try one first and leave it an hour before letting the missus know how I'm getting on and whether or not she should try one. The other two are spares.

Yippee Skippy said:
That sounds like a reasonable start. I'm sorry I didn't read your "resume" but if you're experienced with psychedelics, it might be a little low. Still, it's better to try a small amount for your first time with any substance.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Hmmm. Well, it was a bit weird really. We were stuck inside a little dome tent which had lots of weird patterns on it where the water had got through the first layer and was making the layers stick together.

I took one cap and left it over an hour, I felt slightly altered and I kept thinking I might be seeing changes somewhere, but I didn't really feel anything too noticable. I took another cap later and gave my better half one. She was aware of lots of patterns. I was more aware of a shimmering of the tent, as though the light was flickering a bit and shimmering the tent just like when you look out over a hot car bonnet - the heat makes things shimmer.

I couldn't sleep very well, and I think being trapped in a small dome tent in weird surroundings with funny noises and big splats of rain from the tree above kind of wasn't the right setting.

I really didn't (and still don't) know what to expect from ingesting 2C-B, but I was sort of expecting a pleasurable body feeling and enhanced mood with slight visual distortions, but I never felt any body or mood changes whatsoever, just some slight visual distortions.

I will be trying again, perhaps following some MDMA, and in familiar surroundings for sure.

Man I just got some 2cb and am planning on taking it this weekend. I was going to listen to some music, but I think my mp3 player got stolen and I won't have access to a computer where I'll be taking it (my friend's (farm)house)

There should be 4-5 of us taking it, what do you all recommend we do? There is an arcade machine there, as well as a nice pool table, and I did challange my friend to a game of pool so that should be fun (I'm hoping for trails so bad I can't play)

Pretty much everytime I get 2cb I just listen to music and zone out the entire time, so it is going to be odd without any music. What do you guys recommend we do?

^get someone to bring thier hifi! psy and music are like bread and butter!

^^^lol if your friend has a farmhouse, don't worry about movies, or music... just puts on some bug spray and go outside and look at the stars and enjoy the experience... you will, belieeeveee me =D

power overwhelming said:
^^^lol if your friend has a farmhouse, don't worry about movies, or music... just puts on some bug spray and go outside and look at the stars and enjoy the experience... you will, belieeeveee me =D
good advice.
just go into nature, maybe build a small fire, and watch the stars (clouds at night are cool too!)

Does someone of you use 2c-b in a party or in a rave ? Is it possible to dance and enjoy the atmosphere ?

I'd like to repeat a question someone already asked but didn't get answered.

Has anyone tried 2c-b at a rave? Would it be a good experience for the novice psychedelic user but slightly experienced mdma user? Should I take it after some 120mg of mdma as others have suggested?

It's a Seance kind of rave, trippy stuff.

2c-b makes me too uncomfortable and paranoid to even think about taking it at a rave or some place filled with people. ^

I think it depends on how comfortable you are with psychedelics. If you're used to taking psychedelics in a rave setting, I think 2C-B would be quite a good one for it. But if you're not, then I wouldn't do it. 2C-B is definitely psychedelic, although it produces warmth and empathy with its effects.

I'm not a huge fan of taking psychedelics in crowded public places. But if I were to, 2C-B would be near the top of my list with which to do so.

first timer

I have some 2c-b but really don't know what to expect, so I don't know where I should take it. Is it the kind of drug to take at clubs and parties? Or is it better for a quiet home/forest setting? If I were to take it at home or forest, I would be by myself. I've had several solo trips on acid (with great success) so I don't think i'm likely to "freak out" or anything, but is it very social? Would it be more fun if I were with people in a more partyish environment?

for me it definately a stay at home psychadelic. listen to some music, enjoy the visuals ... thats what i like to do. definately not a party drug for me. depends on the dosage as well of course...

In my opinion 2C-B works best with close friends in a light social environment. Definitely have good music and tripping activities. I wouldn't suggest a full-on party environment, but I suppose it depends on the type of person you are and how you respond to large party situations without psychedelics.

2C-B is also good alone but when I have done it alone I have thought it would be more enjoyable with at least one other person to communicate with.

yeah, I must have something to do (hiking or dancing is good) while coming up on 2Cs.

Although into the peak it can get sedate and dreamy - I often like to lay down and close my eyes and drift with my thoughts and music.

If I were going to take any psychedelic in a club or party setting, it would be 2C-B. The few times I experimented with it the overwhelming tone of the experience was one of "Let's get out and have a fucking blast!!!! So much fun! So many things to do! AHHH!!!" My reaction doesn't seem to be atypical; all of my partners in the experiments agreed. I still can't say I'd recommend it for such a setting, but if you're used to tripping in such places I'm sure it'd be a blast.

taking 2-CB solo would be easier to handle than taking L on your own, but 2-CB is so much more fun with a few mates, who have all dosed as well