View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Extraction Subthread] Lazy Man's DMT Tek

junctionalfunkie

Bluelighter
OK I used UTFSE, and surprisingly not much on this.

Has anyone used the "Lazy Man's Tek" for extracting DMT from Mimosa Hostilis
Root Bark? Specifically, the "DMT for the Masses" found here:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mimosa/mimosa_chemistry1.shtml

Is it really as easy/fast as the author purports? What's the yield like compared to traditional teks (.5% of original plant material mass or so)?

Sorry if this has been covered?

Also, is it significantly more difficult than the "old" way?

Thanks! =D

Thats your basic straight to base tek.

Works great.
Yields are practically the same as A/B and its alot easier to do and less time consuming.

I have gotten more out of mimosa than acid/base teks. Perhaps that is because the batches I had using str82base were more potent, but I think it has a lot to do with the amount of lye you use...you REALLY pound that shit with NaOH with str82base with the other teks they use a pathetic amount of base in comparison.

BASE it up! HARDCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

With mimosa, I pretty much always use this way. The main problem with the tek as with most DMT extractions is not getting the pH high enough. It has to be in the 13-13.5 range to get any real amount of product. The initial quality for me though has differed each time, ranging from waxy yellow to perfect pinwheels of white crystalline goodness, but you can always clean your initial product up. For yield, I usuallly pull close to .6% weight, though if you get good starting material, I am told you can get closer to 1%

^the PH problem can easily be taken care of by doing what G_P said and putting alot of NAOH in.

And as for yellow product. Like you said it can easily be clleaned up. Or you can get white spice initially by working with smaller amounts of bark, thus pulling less plant fats and tannins.

yeah and I mean a lot

shovel that stuff into there. Spoonfuls and spoonfuls. There's no reason not to base the FUCK out of it (I think).

and then after you've done a couple pulls on that stuff, ADD SOME MORE BASE and do a couple more pulls.

i wish i knew more about extractions, and more about this staight to base stuff. i have some bark, but know not how to extract it.

that procedure doesnt sound to hard though.

bluedolphin said:
^^
remember to "shovel" VERY slowly and wear protective glasses!

gloves help too.
the little splashes that come out when ur shoveling do burn.

There's no reason not to base the FUCK out of it (I think).
In theory, wouldn't a large excess of hydroxide (a strong oxidizing agent under the right conditions) cause oxidation of your desired tryptamine, forming the useless N-oxide or the equally useless 5-OH-tryptamine?

in theory but when I'm drooling laying in the mud from dosing myself with it the practice begs to differ :D

Gaian Planes said:
in theory but when I'm drooling laying in the mud from dosing myself with it the practice begs to differ :D

LOL

My limited experience in Fing around with this type of stuff is that it is never as easy as it looks lol. Don't ever try and cut corners, instead try and go for overkill. Also an understanding of every substance you're working with is obviously advised as well as at least some basic lab safety knowledge/gear.

Well that goes without saying.
This is Bluelight

Harm reduction all the way
woot woot

yes but it really is simple don't let people scare you off of harvesting that precious neurotransmitter.

Your brain needs it <3

by all means go for an extraction, it is not difficult and you WILL end up with grams and grams of DMT if you can follow directions.

blast off all of your friends <3

i used to use 10 & 1/2 cupz of water with a cup of lye and 250g of mimosa bark

add the lye to the water slowly and stirr until its all disolved. you can put it in a bucket of ice if it gets too hot, but i usualy use the heat of the water to warm the naptha later.

add your mimosa slowly, stirring it into solution, bit by bit so it all disolves. add someore lye to help destroy the bark (the bark should be ground to powder then put in the freezer then thawed and ground again a couple times, even if its preground bark).

it should be a steamy concauction of black liquid. if its sludge add more lye. and maybe a little more watter. but if its sludge after the right proportions that were initialy added you probably fucked up somewhere. troubleshoot or emulsions are a bitch.

now add some naptha. however much you need to form a layer that will be easy to suck up with a turkey baster. swirll your naptha around and let it form its layer then imidiatly take it off. the naptha should still be warm from your basewater. let it sit in a room with a fan on it and a window near by or just outside if its warm enough. then put it in your fridge or freezer or outside if its cold enough lol.

it will snow nice crystlas of dmt. wash them off and dry em out and your good to go no matter what (unless you had polio as a small child durring the early 20th century and use an iron lung that is regulated by hospital staff, sorry no dmt smoking for you)

This tek works quite well and there is a lot of room for error as far as proportions and so on go TBH. I think to a degree it's more art than science (some will disagree).

hehe, kinda like cooking lsd? Does the "cooks" karma have anything to do with the yield? ;)

me wants to try this tek. No messey ass crock pot.

Can you just use a big wine jug for the extraction?