Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [Ketamine Subthread] Long Term Side-effects

blase deviant

Bluelighter
Ketamine Subthread: Long Term Side-effects

This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy Ketamine thread in which to discuss long term side-effects. Please direct all questions and discussion about all sorts of chronic physical or psychological difficulties such as the dreaded "K pains" to this thread.

Visit this similar subthread for dangers and risks of ketamine use and abuse.

This thread is about research investigating long term effects of ketamine use

[original post:]

...does anyone have any experience or studies to show on this?

I've used for awhile, and now have a real bad stomach, and was wondering if this was the cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont have studies but ive read posts on this website where people reported similar symptoms from ketamine abuse. i would do a search. also, you might want to see a doctor. you dont necesssarily have to tell them about your ketamine use, although it might help them make the diagnoses.

I've seen a doctor. The doctor who scoped me says I have ulcers, while my primary doctor looked at the exact same report and said I don't have ulcers.

The pain is due to spasm of the gall bladder, which is a rather painful side effect of overdoing ketamine (god knows I've suffered with it)

Can it become a permanent condition?

I never experience it on Ketamine, just when I'm sober.

^ Yes because ketamine is an anaesthetic pain killer. Last time it happened I required a dose of methadone from a friend to control the pain.

Eating fatty foods after doing a load of ket seems to be the trigger (the products of the gall bladder are needed for efficient fat obsorbtion)

yea, i have seen people get massive stomach pains and end up in the hospital and come home wiht a script for metocloperamide and percs after getting a shot of oxy... and they found nothing wrong really LOL

ive done more tha nanyone i know and never had it happen strangely... maybe cuz i was 250lbs and 10% bodyfat at the time and seem to be immune to most sides of stuff.

i never knew it was the gall bladder, good info to know, thanks FB!

I did ketamine for the first time last night (loved it ;)) and found difficulty walking a couple of hours later due to pains commonly associated with a slam in the balls (the pain shoots up towards the stomach?).

Would this have been what this thread refers to (gallbladder pain)?

I don't really know where the gallbladder is, so I can't tell you.

But can ketamine do permanent stomach damage?

It can lead to ulceration of the bladder with chronic high dose ketamine, but that seems to be an individual sensitivity to such effects (John Lilley, king of the chronic high dose ketamine brigade doesn't seem to have had any direct health problems. Indirect, like falling off bikes though while dissociated, seem to be a regular occurance for him!)

How about alleviating the pain?

I plan to do a lot more on sunday, are there any supplements, foods or other psychoactives that could lessen the pain but preserve the high?

I have done K many a time and had no issue with cramps.

I think it may have to do with the drip you get and so ketamine goes down your throat and into the stomach, were it does it thang...which results in stomach cramps. Just think of the burn you feel in your nose after a hefty bump. now imagine it on your stomach tissue.

Ketamine and stomach pains

So i've snorted quite a bit of ketamine in just about a years time. 2-3 days ago i've done just about 3-3.5 grams worth of k and am getting this weird ass stomach pains, ive gotten stomach pain from K before but never this long lasting and bad. Whenever i cough, laugh, or deep breahtly the walls of my stomach seem to get very tight and extremely sore, to the point where it painful. Its been like this for 2 days now and hasnt gotten any better. I was wondering if anyone else has experinceed something like this with K before, and if so how long these pains lasted you. Like i said ive had pain in stomach before but never like this kind. ~~Thank you~~

i remember seeing a thread exactly like this a few days ago..... 8)

EDIT: o and i live in mississauga btw =P im assuming u know it since ur avatar is the raptors logo =D

kamikaze__ said:
i remember seeing a thread exactly like this a few days ago..... 8)

EDIT: o and i live in mississauga btw =P im assuming u know it since ur avatar is the raptors logo =D

~ yes i do, and sorry if have not looked threw the forum properly i just wanted thease questions to be answered cause i feel this to be somewhat urgent. ~

What has your diet been like for the past 3 days?

How can K affect your stomach when you arn't even taking it orally? I'd look to other causes rather than the K. My guess is these "stomach problems" are the result of people binging on K, not eating, sleeping or drinking correctly and noticing aches and pains in their body as a consequence.

^ I don't "know" how, but it definitely does/can if you use it intranasally.

Painful at times as well.

How can K affect your stomach when you arn't even taking it orally?
There's something about the receptor affinities of norketamine that mean it doesn't matter which route of administration you use, it will eventually come into contact with your gall bladder via the blood and if there's enough of it, send the gall bladder into spasm (eating certain foods that require a lot of bile - salts of deoxycholic acid I think are the 'active ingredient' in bile - as it's important for emulsifying fatty food to allow absorbtion by the gut).

Gall bladder spasm is up there with kidney stones in terms of the pain factor - totally incapacitating. Once it happens to you through ketamine you'll suddenly develop a lot more control/restraint during binges as it's a pretty unforgettable experience (on the floor, unable to move with pain that simultaneously causes gooseflesh/goosebumps/shivering & profuse sweating.)

^ I only experinced something remotely like this before, but I don't know if it is the same. I was very sick at the time, and was taking low-doses of ketamine for the past few days.

I felt very lightheaded, confused, and then suddenly felt as if a sword just went through my liver. After that, I got waves of heat and cold, and felt a "rush" as if I had just IVed something - as if something had been released into my bloodstream.

I have no idea if this is even K-related. But I would love to know what it may have been (it never happened again, K or not, although my K use is rather controlled.