View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DMT Extraction Subthread] Quicktek

Youkai

Ex-Bluelighter
for anyone who has successfuly used this tek to extract DMT in less then 24hours can you give some insight/pointers?

yes but when too hot it captures also more junk you don't want...so stay in between

I've used marsofold's tek and came out with DMT in less than 24 hours.

Marsofold's is quick and seems to be the bar by which dmt teks are measured.

I've been comparing teks, and it seems that the marsofold tek routinely leads to underbasification...

If you do it right you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever with 2 passes of room temperature naptha. No need to increase the naptha's affinity to extract contaminants.

trip.more said:
I've used marsofold's tek and came out with DMT in less than 24 hours.
Yes, but the marsofold's tek cant be done in a hotel room/outside. It seems the quicktek would allow you to pull the alkaloids in pretty much any location, whihc would be ideal in some ways of life.

I don't really think it's a good idea in the first place to extract a schedule 1 substance outdoors or in a hotel room.

trip.more said:
I don't really think it's a good idea in the first place to extract a schedule 1 substance outdoors or in a hotel room.
better then cooking meth.

No, not realy.

of course you can clean it afterwards....

what do you mean by condense naphta?

for the basification you should hit a ph of 13.5, below you will maybe miss some, and over it seems it is actually unecessary.

Hmmm that's a good idea - first pass cold, second pass warm........

what is the best tempurature for recrystalizing DMT in heptane? and is there any other information that would be helpfull for the recrystalization process?

here it goes for a quick DMT extraction on 100g

Prep how ever much you want of MHRB by powdering it what ever way posisble and use a scale to messure out 100g (wax paper on the scale can help this, just go at ~25g incroments and then add the 100g powder to a 1000ml mason jar (it should read~200ml of powder if powdered correctly)

slowly add 10grams of NaOH into 500ml of tap water and let cool to under 110* (use a 1000ml mason jar)

then add the 500ml of basifide water to the jar which contains the powder cap, shake, mash.. what ever to get all of the powder to become completely saturated. let stand for an hour or sountill it is completely settled.

messure out ~50-100ml of naphtha and slowly twirl in clockwise/counter clock wise motion and let sit for an hour or so

remove the naphtha layer and allow to evap in a glass pan, collect and clean to what ever purity you dem suitable.

This can be done anywhere, the clean up process will require a freezer but if done correctly you are still left with a smokable product without the clean up.

there ya go! so damn simple and doesnt require anything that cant be bought at a hardware store for less then 60 bucks.

sounds good. now, what do some of you do to remove the naptha layer, in past extractions of things ive done the ziplock bag method, but somewhere i hear thats not a good idea. asume the extractor dosent have a separatory funnle and wants as little lye as posible in final product.

ive thought of useing a curved tube and then puting the container that has the naptha/naoh mhrb mix on a higher place than where the funnle goes (to the evaporation tray) and just leting gravity suck it out until you get real low on naptha, then just adding more and doing it over again.

First, use distilled water, it's cheap, readily available, and free of contaminants. Second, shouldn't you be using about three times as much NaOH?

Trogdor said:
First, use distilled water, it's cheap, readily available, and free of contaminants. Second, shouldn't you be using about three times as much NaOH?

believe it or not it was enough. No emultion what so ever. and my solution was a DEEP DEEP DEEP black color.

and tap water works good enough. Im not going for a super pure crystal, just something that will get you off in a bind.

and to get the naphtha layer off Iv just used a "plastic" turkey baster. I tested it by leaving naphtha in it over night then leaing the naphtha on my evap tray to evap. No residue left behind which would (to my limited knowledge) show that it didnt leach anything from the baster.

BTW the extraction I did took less then 6 hours! no idea on the yield yet as I am freeze/preciping now. This was brazilian MHRB so I suspect at most .5g.

And this was the first extraction Iv done this way, in larger extraction Iv used 250g of naOH per 2000ml. which still gives you a high enough PH. Granted this sint the absolute best method for a clean product but it is the best for a quick extract. L8ter tonight I'll test it out and see how potent it is.

and I prob added closer to 75g of NaOH, as I didnt get the heat desired from the 50, but it wasnt any more then maybe a full spoons full.

ANYONE can do this extraction, and its relitively safe seeing as at the NaOH step you have 500ml to work with.

Trogdor said:
take a guess

Trogdor said:
Wait, did you use 10 or 75 grams of NaOH?
My bad, I originaly ment to say 50, but I prob used 75. sorry for the missunderstanding.

after the freeze precip I let evap again and and am left with .6g of needle fine crystals of the yellow/orange wax. no way is it clean but in my experience the wax will get you off just as well as the white flakes (there were white flakes in the evap aswell).

Im going to toy around with this tek some more and find the best way of performing it. when I readded the naphtha to the black sludge I gave it some hard/good twirls in which an emoltion formed, I then threw even more naphth on top of that and this morning I find all the naphtha has settled on top, I'll leave it for another day or so and then pull that. I have a strong feeling that the second pull will be much cleaner/higher yield of the white crystals.

but yeah, it works quite well.