• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DMT Extraction Subthread] Quicktek

evaped again and now I ahve white crystals ad a few dep amber colored crystals.

have no idea why freashly extracted dmt would be amber but Im sure it'll still get you off.

oh yeah, from the two pulls I got a total of 550mg. realy not at all bad considering I did it in such a short amount of time. Anyone thinking of extracting dont mess around with the Marsofold tek, the tek I outlined is just as good if not better then the marsfold, I highly doubt I could get this much dmt out of brazilian at 100g using the marsfold tek. and seeing as all you need is the bark, lye, naphtha, mason jars and a glass pan it is by far cheaper.

I might try scaling up the tek though to work with 400grams but finding glass ware for such anextraction might be hard, though thrift stores are usualy a gold mine for them.

Lets not throw out the Marsofold tek quite yet!

Its not *that* much more expensive. In addition to the materials in the quicktek a crock pot and amonia or sodium bicarb are required. Crockpots btw aren't exactly expensive or hard to find. I'll bet every other lady over the age of thirty in the US has one. If want to skip the acid part out of laziness, effiency or whatever, thats kinda understandable, but wash out your NaOH! Amonia or sodium bicarb are both cheap and accesible. I'll never understand why people are willing to sacrifice their health to save 5 bucks.

You got 550 mg of *unwashed* dmt out of brazilian...thats a good yield, but its also the amount that alot of people get using the marsofold tek AFTER WASHING. And why extract 100grams, extract a 1000 and your set for quite a while.

A gallon jug of cheap wine is the perfect glassware for a 400-500g extraction, just like the Marsofold tek mentions.

And this hotel room business is real sketch... how exactly are you getting mimosa? Are there traveling hippys running around with mimosa? "I've got mimosa..I just need a place to cook." If I owned a hotel and smelled 250mls of heptane evaping, (which I would, anyone that walked within 100yds of your room would) I'd call the cops and tell them some fucking hippy was going to burn my place down...which would be true. Then would come hazmat-->long sentance-->microgram report-->no more mimosa for those of us with houses and jobs....

Ammonia smells way worse than petroleum distillates... As for the marsofold tek, it would be better if it called for a bit more lye.

^I agree. As for the lye individual experiences with bark titration will vary. Marsofold presumably used a ph meter to come up with his #s on his particular bark from a particular vendor, harvested at a particular time of year. The important thing is we know that 13.4-13.5 is the correct ph for the highest yeild.

Getting the yeild the tek states will depend on getting the ph very close to 13.4-13.5. Even if you only yeild half, barks cheap, and at least your not smoking NaOH :)

The quicktek sounds great though, just wash your dmt.

kong said:
Lets not throw out the Marsofold tek quite yet!

Its not *that* much more expensive. In addition to the materials in the quicktek a crock pot and amonia or sodium bicarb are required. Crockpots btw aren't exactly expensive or hard to find. I'll bet every other lady over the age of thirty in the US has one. If want to skip the acid part out of laziness, effiency or whatever, thats kinda understandable, but wash out your NaOH! Amonia or sodium bicarb are both cheap and accesible. I'll never understand why people are willing to sacrifice their health to save 5 bucks.

You got 550 mg of *unwashed* dmt out of brazilian...thats a good yield, but its also the amount that alot of people get using the marsofold tek AFTER WASHING. And why extract 100grams, extract a 1000 and your set for quite a while.

A gallon jug of cheap wine is the perfect glassware for a 400-500g extraction, just like the Marsofold tek mentions.

And this hotel room business is real sketch... how exactly are you getting mimosa? Are there traveling hippys running around with mimosa? "I've got mimosa..I just need a place to cook." If I owned a hotel and smelled 250mls of heptane evaping, (which I would, anyone that walked within 100yds of your room would) I'd call the cops and tell them some fucking hippy was going to burn my place down...which would be true. Then would come hazmat-->long sentance-->microgram report-->no more mimosa for those of us with houses and jobs....

I did 100g because this was the first time I used this tek, no reason to maybe ruin all my bark in one extract attempt.

BTW, there is still a chnace to get more of a yield as I am doing another extract with the same powdered root bark, this will be the third pull.

^I have heard of people doing very well on pulls past the first two, best of luck:). This might be one of the main drawbacks to the Marsofold tek, more pulls might get more out.

Also, try those gallon wine *jugs*. The way they taper at the top makes it much easier to pull out the nampha without any of the base layer. Just add warm water until the nampha is all at the top. Of course, these are for a larger extraction, but it sounds like your results are good enough to risk a bigger run.

Just promise me your going to the store for ammonia, it will make a world of difference in the taste and the amount you cough.

Is there a reason you guys use hardware store ammonia instead of, say, something like sodium bicarbonate that you can get at USP grade from pretty much anywhere (which you could convert to sodium carbonate if you would rather use that)?

Seems like it would be good to not use janitorial cleaners if you don't need to.

Um... what's the point of an ammonia wash if you're going to thoroughly recrystalize?

^^Using Sodium carb wash requires a sep funnel? Most people don't have one.

^The point is that you are going to be recrystalizing the same NaOH each time. It probably helps, but why not wash ALL the NaOH out before you recrystalize. Especially for those concerned with yeild->you will get more if you do a wash and recrystalize once instead of the multiple times.

One wash and recrystalization and you have snortable spice. Puffing deems after blowing deems is quite the experience8o

If you are washing your crystals, they should be on a fine-pore filter paper in a regular funnel, like what you'd use to pour oil into your car (but ideally made of glass).

You are past the stage where you'd use a separatory funnel. You don't even need one at all, but it will make separating the polar/non-polar phases easier if you have one. A sep. funnel doesn't really look like a funnel at all, it is a much different piece of equipment.

I just don't see why it would be better to use janitor-grade ammonia as the basic solution to rinse your crystals, when you can buy USP grade sodium bicarbonate at the grocery store or wherever, and then bake it to get sodium carbonate. Since it is safe enough to eat, it ought to have less contaminants than something meant for cleaning the toilet or whatever.

The guy who wrote up the tek for the soda wash does the wash before dmt is out of solution. A sep funnel makes the process alot easier.

I think there are higher losses when simply pouring the soda solution over crystals, or the two water washes that follow to get rid of the soda. The dmt might be "held" in the nampha strongly enough that it can't be washed out?

I'll try looking up my favorite brand of ammonia and post the contents. It would be good to know if it is depositing more impurities than it washes out. From experience smoking different grades of spice, I highly doubt this is the case. Although soda washed>ammonia washed. Hopefully theres nothing toxic left behind by the ammonia.

couldnt you just evap some of the amonia you have before you do the wash to see if it leaves anything behind

If you can shake your ammonia and it doesn't create suds, it should be safe for use. Read the label first though. As for evaporating ammonia, trust me, you do not want to evaporate any more ammonia than you absolutely have to. If you do decide to do something like that, leave your house for several hours if you intend to uh.... breathe without struggle.

yeah its definatly one of the strongest smells ive ever smelt, suds test it is!

What would happen if, instead of doing the standard washing procedure of:

naptha/dmt solution in container:
1. freeze precipitation
2. filter
3. dry
4. wash with ammonia through filter
5. dry
6. recrystalize (optional)

One were to do:

naptha/dmt solution in container:
1. add ammonia/water solution to container
2. agitate gently for several seconds
3. allow to settle
4. draw off ammonia (or naptha, whichever is less dense)
5. repeat 1-4 if necessary
6. evaporate naptha
7. recrystalize (optional)

Would this even work? I'm under the impression that ammonia itself is not miscible in naptha, and I know that water isn't. Would the ammonia do what it does to dry crystal, to the DMT in solution without unwanted reactions with either the DMT, naptha, or small amounts of NaOH in the solution? Would an emulsion form? Any chemists out there have any comments on this?

I'm not a chemist, I just have lots of time to think while I'm at work. And if this does work, it would completely eliminate any need for filtration, which is good, because filtration of anything is a pain in the ass in my opinion.

thank you trogdor for saying "agitate"

that reminded me of a process people use to get ultra pure ice. they freeze it from the bottom and have something that agitates the water on top. the stuff freezes and the impurities stay in the agitated water, that can then be removed.

now say you had a large batch and you used this method in the freeze precipitation process, then instead of needing to do ANY wash of sorts you just do this and come out with ultra pure crystal. would it work?

so now, at the stage where you have the liquids in their separate layers, but in the same jar you have a pritty shallow layer of naptha and a large surface area. when using a turkeybaster its easy to suck up the other layer with how thin it is. i should have used a smaller jar. is there any easy way to do this without sucking up the other layer besides adding more naptha?

Start with a 4gal wine jug that tapers at the top, or any other appropriate glassware. If you are *very* careful you might be able to pour your entire situation into a more suitable container.

that would have been good, however i used a 1 liter mason jar. im only doing ~100gram extraction (first time). theres also more problems. i initialy had about 300 ml watter, added 3/16 cups lye, then my bark after it cooled off. i had a thick goo. so more water up to the .5 liter mark (it was already at 400). more lye. it was a little thinner but its hard to tell stiring with a chopstick. added ~100ml naptha (up to ~600ml). shook it hard and waited overnight. there was blackish red stuff completely covering the inside of the jar. it was black and only noticably red when in light. thismorning i get up to see that no two layers have formed. only one EXTREMELY thin naptha layer above about 580ml of goop. so thismorning i added a shitload more naptha and another tablespoon about of lye and watter all up to the 800 mark.

a layer still isnt forming. help me out bluelight.