View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] First Plateau Trips

Ioki

Bluelighter
I searched zicam and came up with two non-related topics, so I'll go ahead and ask.

Zicam nite is about 600 mg of DXM in 3/4 of an ounce, so this seems to me to be a much better alternative to chugging bottles of robo or swallowing 40 cough gels.

I was wondering if this is as safe to take as the afforementioned items; I'm just surprised I havent heard it mentioned before seeing as how its so little of an amount compared to other methods. (This makes me assume their is a problem with it).

I only read one good thing about it, by a guy who calls himself drdave, I believe. Long story short, he said that Zicam is the most potent form of DXM he's ever done and he loves it. I'd be careful with that stuff, if that is, in fact, the case.

Careful - at a quick glance, it's obvious that there are other ingredients involved. The "daytime" and "nighttime" formulas both list DXM HBr as the sole active ingredient. The "daytime" formula states that it contains no alcohol, while the "nighttime" does not, therefore it is logical to assume that there is alcohol in the latter. From there, I start to wonder what other "inactive" ingredients are omitted in the ad. After all, alcohol is certainly "active".

Read the ingredients carefully before using this product recreationally. It sure does sound like a good admin method, though.

www.zicam.com

On a side note, Zicam's zinc cold remedy product really kicks ass. I'm a bit worried about the reports of it causing anosmia, however.

Last edited:
I've read a little into it and from what I've heard it comes on extremely fast so be prepared many people at DV use it. They say crackers are the best aftertaste killer. :)

EDIT: the Zinc Gluconate doesn't appear in the item i was inquring about as djfriendly said (I got confused and thought it was), thanks for bringing that up though, good to know.

Last edited:
Zicam nite mist is great. I tried it last night for the first time. It's so little liquid to consume for such a high dose. Plus is does kick in hard and much faster than syrups and gels. It doesn't even taste that bad, and the after taste isn't so bad either. I was haveing minor visuals with in a half hour. Plus smoking a shit load of weed I had one hell of a whacky night.

If you get the kind with only DXM in it, it is wonderful. The only problem is it coats your throat horribly and we all know how bad dex tastes :p

DXM 1st plateau

I read up on dxm and the plateaus you can achieve, and I realize that I have never hit the first plateau. I seem to be stuck in a high 2nd maybe a low 3rd plateau. This is fine, I definitely don't want to go any higher, my experiences I have had have been great enough.

BUT after reading, It seemed that the 1st plateau had alot of the same qualities as a low dose of mdma. Euphoria associated with music and motion. Those are my favorite qualities about e is the motion and music euphoria.

The article I read was from a post i found in this forum. It said that people tend to skip the first plateau because they usually overshoot to a 2nd level without knowing or wanting to. But when they practice and finally get it right, it actually said people like to move, roll around, do cartwheels, dance, all of the above gave them euphoric feelings. The motion euphoria was compared to "free falling"....

Now that may all sound funny, but if you think about it it sounds just like rolling. If I were really able to capture the 1st level, would I be able to compare it to rolling or is that article just off the wall? Here is the link to my source of info
http://www.third-plateau.org/faq/dxm_faq.shtml

Also what dose would I need to take to hit that level. I am 150 lbs right now, I just had a baby, and 5ft 3. SO what would be good to try and hit the 1st plateau with?:\

I enjoy 1st plateau DXM trips very much. It has some similarities to MDMA, but it doesn't come anywhere near being a 'replacement'.

It's hard to tell what amount of DXM will give a person a 1st plateau experience. I believe it's the hardest plateau to hit. I'm 6'2", 155lbs and I need about 50-75mg for the 1st plateau. I know other people that can take 300mg and not feel anything. It has more to do with the enzymes in your body than your height and weight.

Ephedrine, pseudoephedrine and/or caffeine seem to really make the 1st plateau much more enjoyable. It's still one of my favorite things to do for a social setting where I don't want to be so wasted I can't even communicate properly, etc.

To me, 'first plateau' doses of DXM feel like a combination of amphetamines and alcohol. The closer you get to the second plateau, the less stimulating the trip becomes as the dissociation sets in. I particularly favor high first and low second plateau doses far more than I do MDMA. Peace.

^^^^

I used to have the same opinion. Mainly due to the fact that the day after a 1st plateau DXM trip I usually felt great! Lower dose afterglows used to be almost as much fun as the actual trip.

Nothing really comes close to the extreme feelings of empathy and compassion that MDMA/MDA gives, not to mention the almost overwhelming sense of rushing euphoria!

The Big and Dandy Basic DXM Questions Thread (Brand New!!)

Welcome, psychedelic adventurers and novices alike!

I have created this thread with the intention of providing a new place for basic DXM questions to be asked and answered. This, I hope, will cut down on the sometimes very large influx of new threads started by mostly new members who have questions about where to start with DXM.

From now on, please refer to this thread with any basic questions you have about DXM, and please feel free to post in here about the topic as much as you'd like! In the future, new threads started asking these questions will be closed and directed to this thread, or merged with this thread if they haven't been covered yet.

Enjoy!

I would like to hear some discussion on Olney's Lesion... I've read the documents on erowid (the 3), and Olney's Lesion sounds more likely than not.

What do other people think? If not Olney's Lesion, then what accounts for the brain damage (lack of understand of metaphors etc. etc.) that occurs from long term use?

One thing that really convinced me of Olney's Lesion, was that the effects of the drug line up with many of the long term effects (failure to understand metaphors is a good example of this).

I really think this is a good initiative, but not for PD. It detracts from the main purpose of Basic Drug Discussion, it'd be a great thread for BD, not PD.

^blow monkey, why'o'why do you keep trying to point that your right and Xorkoth is wrong? hes a Psychedelic Drugs MOD and your a Cannabis Discussion mod! leave it be. btw: great idea, bought time theres a big and dandy dxm thread, theres always alot of questions bout dxm etc.

moonyham said:
hes a Psychedelic Drugs MOD and your a Cannabis Discussion mod!

And? I really don't care who's who. We've got forums for a reason. PD has never been the place to ask basic questions, Drug Basics was created just for that reason. Creating a thread in PD to ask basic questions defeats the purpose of BDD.

btw: great idea, bought time theres a big and dandy dxm thread, theres always alot of questions bout dxm etc.

Ehh..
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60959&r=233

moonyham said:
btw: great idea, bought time theres a big and dandy dxm thread, theres always alot of questions bout dxm etc.

If you notice, at the top of the PD page, in HUGE letters, this is said:

Essential Reading: The Best of PD

If you click on that, a list of all the big and dandy threads will be shown, and like the second or third one down, is a DXM thread :) Forumcraft 101 imo ;)

Edit: Well, with the addition of the new basic threads, the DXM one is now the 8th one down.